SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

ST - Diego Milito

Bob Dewhurst

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

i will cry my eyes out for weeks.. if we get crouch! :unsure: especially for 8m!

Why? Hardly worse than what we have is he? Granted I've not seen Goodwillie play yet :blush:

I do rate Crouch and always have done since he was a young lad at QPR.

Him alongside a smaller, nippier forward (don't know if Good-Willy fits this?) would be a very effective strikeforce for us.

i will cry my eyes out for weeks.. if we get crouch! :unsure: especially for 8m!

what Crouch is an excellent player, the fact we are even in for him is a surprise.

Imgaine him on the end of a Olsson, formica or Holliet cross. He would also be able to hold the ball and can play the ball around too.

I'd certainly prefer Crouch to Defoe. If Spurs offered us Crouch and Bentley for Samba, I'd probably take it and use the money that would have gone on a winger and a striker to buy Scott Dann (or someone of similar quality and experience).

.................. Robinson

Salgado Dann Givet Olsson

......... Petrovic .. N'Zonzi

. Bentley .. Formica . Hoilett

................... Crouch

Adding two players like that would give us more Premier League experience. Constantly buying from abroad could make us a soft touch.

Imgaine him on the end of a Olsson cross.

Did you see Olsson's crossing last year?! Certainly not his strong point.

what Crouch is an excellent player, the fact we are even in for him is a surprise.

Imgaine him on the end of a Olsson, formica or Holliet cross. He would also be able to hold the ball and can play the ball around too.

i am imagining crouch at ewood, chris.. as the tears are already starting to well up! :lol:

crouch wont be part of the samba deal.. IMO harry would want cash for him. look at the number of times that he's bought and sold him! ;)

that makes me breathe a little easier.

Hard to think many better strikers than Milito. Luis Fabiano is brazilian so he could be good idea also in marketing way.

Kamy, do you know if the name will come out soon?

kamy has mentioned fabiano on the podcasts before.. so wouldnt have thought he would be the 'new number 1 target'.

i rang the guy who text me and asked him if he had got this information from his dad Don Lennon or his cousin Aaron lennon and he replied no it was someone in my office :( think i just got carried away knowing who his family are.

• Backroom

I was going to do something similar. In fact, I still am.

I'd be very wary of signing him personally. Even his prime I don't think he was the sort of player who would have easily adapted to the Premier League. He's not even in his prime now - a poor record last season and a few niggling injuries.

We don't have to get all bleary-eyed just because he's a big name - bigger and better players than him have failed on these shores. I think he'd be another Shevchenko if he arrived - past his best and without the natural game to be an instant hit.

If we've got the money required to bring him here, it would be better spent elsewhere.

Have to say I'd agree with this... spending big on Milito would be a mistake all things considered. It would obviously be nice to have him here in terms of him being a big name and I actually think he'd adapt okay, but his injury record does not bode well and considering his age it's a lot of money to gamble.

kamy has mentioned fabiano on the podcasts before.. so wouldnt have thought he would be the 'new number 1 target'.

Kamy didn't say that though did he? He said: "Just talked to Venky's PR, have confirmed that Milito is a target BUT he is not the number 1 target".

No mention of 'new' so he could well be one of the already mentioned in the last eight months.

Young and prolific are the words that seem to be being banded around about this other target. Just how open ended is this ?

great as the thought is of the like of Fabiano or Milito or Forlan etc is and i'm not having a go at either kamy or zacc but ,lets calm down chaps ... we have been here before

Archived