BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Henri Lansbury

pancini

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great prospect and if he has a decent season we could sell him to liverpool for 30million.

20year old English attacking midfielder, fast and has great technique spent the second half of the season at Norwich in the Championship making 23apps scoring 4goals and credited with 5 assists he also has the build to succeed in the premiership.

20year old English attacking midfielder, fast and has great technique spent the second half of the season at Norwich in the Championship making 23apps scoring 4goals and credited with 5 assists he also has the build to succeed in the premiership.

Cheers, bud. Sounds tasty, eh?! I wonder if there's any truth in the link?

I'd definitely take him. I have always been impressed when I saw him play for Arsenal, and he was England's best player by far (along with PJ and Kyle Walker) at the U21 Champhionsips this year. If the muppet in charge would've started him rather than bringing him on as a sub, I reckon we'd have made it further than we did.

Only ever seen this guy in England under 21s. He came on and looked terrible but grew into the game and was actually starting to impress me...but then the game ended, we were kicked out of the tournament and Stuart Pearce was heralded by the FA.

The only time I've seen him was in a game for Norwich City on TV [the East Anglian derby?] last season; from what I remember, he did okay. But, if he's as good as Wenger is quoted on Wiki as saying he thinks Lansbury is, why has he not featured more in the Arsenal squads? He's never started a League game for them. Reading between the lines, I get the impression that he might be one of those players [e.g. Darren Huckerby, Robert Earnshaw] who's a star in the Championship but not quite up to regular Premiership standard.

If the quote from The Guardian is correct, I wonder why we and Swansea are linked with him and not [e.g.] Norwich City, whom he helped win promotion last season.

Great prospect and if he has a decent season we could sell him to liverpool for 30million.

Is his playing style as an attacking midfielder more akin to Rui Costa or Gerrard? I guess what I'm asking is if he plays behind a striker or if he could do a job in a more traditional central midfield roll as well?

good player imo , a long term replacement for Dunny , will obviously have good technique coming through the Arsenal ranks and has already got some 1st team experience with them and Norwich , he's at the right age and if £2m is correct well worth it!!

He's probably rejected the contract based on the fact he feels he should be a first team regular and will all the talent in midfield at Arsenal he would be looking for a new challenge.

go and get him i say.. only thing is we are dealing with Arsenal and they want one of our players

Young English and a potential. Trouble with this one is yeah he will be a good addition come the end of the window when we are looking at depth but we need experience and fast. All of our attention should be focused in that direction only at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived