BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Henri Lansbury

pancini

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a good deal and obviously has potential BUT its yet another attacking midfielder, are we planning on playing 'total football' with only Samba at the back and Robinson in goal??

I think we'll have three attacking midfielders on the pitch all linking up with the striker. This would leave N'Zonzi and Petrovic to anchor the midfield.

I think we'll have three attacking midfielders on the pitch all linking up with the striker. This would leave N'Zonzi and Petrovic to anchor the midfield.

I believe that is the case. Which would mean if we sign another striker we would have three players vying for the same position which would be acceptable.

I have to say I am totally bemused by the pursuit of Lansbury. Great to be linked to such a promising player but where precisely is he going to play? I mean even with three attacking midfield/winger spots we are going to need to split them between seven (and that’s for the sake of sanity excluding Olsson and Emerton and assuming they will play elsewhere in the side).

Hoilett, Formica, Dunn, Pedersen, Rochina, Vukecivic, Lansbury

Just does not add up for me. Competition is important but also is a settled side.

I have to say I am totally bemused by the pursuit of Lansbury. Great to be linked to such a promising player but where precisely is he going to play? I mean even with three attacking midfield/winger spots we are going to need to split them between seven (and that’s for the sake of sanity excluding Olsson and Emerton and assuming they will play elsewhere in the side).

Hoilett, Formica, Dunn, Pedersen, Rochina, Vukecivic, Lansbury

Just does not add up for me. Competition is important but also is a settled side.

What about depth in a paper thin squad? What would you prefer;

A ) youngster with potential?

B ) oldie in decline?

He is such a player who is very good to have for the cup games and in back up for the first XI.

Lansbury is more of a orthodox midfielder rather than an attacking midfielder.

I'd guess he's an alternative to the likes of Darron Gibson. He's well built, 6 foot tall and is tough in the tackle. He could definitely slot alongside N'Zonzi in the centre.

Good video of his debut for Norwich last season here, and he's definitely playing a deeper role. His passing and determination are excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWNqXzvFHXY

I'd guess he's an alternative to the likes of Darron Gibson. He's well built, 6 foot tall and is tough in the tackle. He could definitely slot alongside N'Zonzi in the centre.

Good video of his debut for Norwich last season here, and he's definitely playing a deeper role. His passing and determination are excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWNqXzvFHXY

RAUL/Ibvesinic(SP)

Hoilett Formica Vukenic

Petrovic Lansbury

Givet Samba Onouha Emerton

or

GoodWillie/RAUL Ibvesinic

Hoilett Petrovic Lasbury Vukenic

Olson Samba Givet Onouha

Top Ten teams!

RAUL/Ibvesinic(SP)

Hoilett Formica Vukenic

Petrovic Lansbury

Givet Samba Onouha Emerton

or

GoodWillie/RAUL Ibvesinic

Hoilett Petrovic Lasbury Vukenic

Olson Samba Givet Onouha

Top Ten teams!

Both so good we don't need a keeper!! ;)

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=BWNqXzvFHXY

Oh that sounds much better -everyone seemed to be banging on about him being an attacking midfielder.

We are going to have such a young side! Only experienced regulars are going to be Robinson, Samba (if he stays), and Nelsen (if he stays fit). Can't see Pedersen, Dunn, Givet, Roberts getting too many complete games.

Exciting times - big gamble though. Not sure anyone has gone down Such a youthful route in prem history apart from Arsenal - and they had Wenger’s genius, bags of cash and the Arsenal global brand to work with.

A Bentley style sell-on fee, no doubt...

I suppose if he has the impact Bents did, it'll be worth it.

I think that will be one of the hold ups, Venkys dont seem the type that want to see us get stung by clauses anymore, which is a good thing - aslong as we still get who we want!

I think that will be one of the hold ups, Venkys dont seem the type that want to see us get stung by clauses anymore, which is a good thing - aslong as we still get who we want!

It depends what you mean by "stung by clauses" though.

If the only way of getting Arsenal to sell was getting that sell on fee and the only way of getting PJ to sign his long term contract was the release clause, then it was absolutely the right thing to do.

Similarly if Hoilett has been holding out for a minimum fee and we've given it him, then if thats our only option then we have no option really.

Clauses were never inserted voluntarily, they were likely demanded by other clubs/players as a bargaining tool.

Lansbury on the bench for Arsenal today, in what must be one of the weiredest team selections by Arsene Wenger in a long time. (Edit: Forgot about the number of injuries and suspensions they have)

Suarez on the bench for Liverpool, damn you Kenny for reducing my chances of Fantasy Premier League success

Philip you're becoming a broken record. You leap from topic to topic spouting semi-informed nonsense and doom and gloom. Give it a rest. You were a reasoned contributor to the messageboard and now behave like a spurned lover.

Ok all you happy clappy -1 clickers.

Care to examine the Arsenal squad as it stands today and explain just exactly how Wenger can let Lansbury go?

I will be delighted if Lansbury comes to Rovers but with Nasri as good as gone now, the Arse are looking a wee bit thin on numbers.

Archived