BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Darren Gibson

67splitscreen

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the republic of Ireland international player who is kept out of the team by our keef??

In my opinion, he is five times the player Andrews is, he can pass, scores goals and closes down pretty well too.

Maybe just doesnt point enough :lol:

Reportedly after £40k p/w. Just goes to show everything that's wrong in the game. I mean what has he achieved exactly to justify that amount of money he's after? Fergie doesn't let many good uns go, especially at a good age - usually only after he's been crossed by them (e.g. Beckham, van Nistlerooy, Stam, etc.) so I'm going to say it's almost certain he's a dud and an expensive one at that.

So, Keith Andrews at around @ £23k or Darron Gibson on £40k... it feels a bit like I'm being asked if I'd prefer a punch in the face or a kick in the balls...

The fans who think that Gibson would NOT be an improvement in our midfield are seriously misguided, he is a player who would bring another string to our midfield, one that we dont really seem to have, a shot scoring central midfielder. He can tackle, pass and score and he can run.

He is a 300% improvement on Andrews.

Get him on loan with a view to buying later.

Two reasons why he probably shouldn't sign:

1) Seems the epitome of a Match of the Day player. He creates a lot of attention for himself by having a cracking shot from range, but the Utd fans I speak to unversally do NOT think that he can pass and tackle. He is not rated there at all. He's not the step up in class that we need for the investment that he'd cost.

2) It'll infuriate me that half of this mb will not be able to spell his name correctly.

I seem to recall a couple of the usual suspects telling us that Man Utd will not deal with Blackburn Rovers again until Venkys are out of the picture.

Be interesting to see how this one develops.

Archived