BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Darren Gibson

67splitscreen

Gav

allegedly very much the same was said after the Shearer episode and look at what has gone since between the clubs.

Numerous transfer dealings.

wouldnt believe that sort of comment.

To be honest I didn't really believe it, thought at the time it was another stick to beat the owners with.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, he is five times the player Andrews is, he can pass, scores goals and closes down pretty well too.

Maybe just doesnt point enough :lol:

Or maybe, just maybe, you don't know a right lot about football :(

Or are we to actually believe you know more than the likes of Trappatoni :wstu:

Welcome back Keef's dad / brother / agent / sister / mother-in law !!

What do you think of your lad's impending departure ?

Is your Keef a better player than Gibson ?

Its stupid calling someone stupid because they believe a player is better then Andrews.

It like someone saying Heskey is better then Crouch, Bent or Defoe just becasue he starts a few games a head of them.

Gibson really has not seen enough action over the last 2 years and is only just coming into he best years.

The big difference is Trappatoni only has a limited pool of players to select from. Where as we have an unlimited pool to choose from, allegedly.

Welcome back Keef's dad / brother / agent / sister / mother-in law !!

What do you think of your lad's impending departure ?

Is your Keef a better player than Gibson ?

It is strange how this guy only seems to appear once Keith Andrews is subject for debate.

Come on, Jonnolad. Who are you REALLY?

Going off the United fans comments regarding Gibson would seem hes definitely one to miss. Championship player !

To be fair, he probably isn't good enough for Man Utd.

Thats not to say he isn't good enough for us though, and its quite ridiculous to think otherwise.

Him, N'Zonzi, Petrovic & Dunn (yes, i still believe he can offer something to our squad) competing for the central midfield spots leaves us in pretty good shape in my opinion.

Keith Andrews is in the irish team because trapp prefers the way he plays a more disciplined holding midfield role for Ireland along with Glenn Whelan to facilitate roaming wingers, thats just his system. nobody in Ireland is doubting that Gibson is a better footballer than Andrews, we know he is but the manager plays Andrews there for that role.

if Gibson got a run in the premier league with another team i have no doubt that he would do a very good job and his game would develop.

I think a year long loan deal would be good for us.

Oh please, not him! Everytime i watch a Man U match, he seems to think he's Le Tisser or something and shoots more than the rest of the team combined! I'm pretty sure even Keef or the Axe will get some similiar spectacular goals if they shoot as often! Imo, if you take away the "Man United premium", he'll probably be rated as a championship class player.

Wouldn't be impressed by this ... isn't Andrews keeping him out of the Irish side??? Says it all really.

AVOID.

Both around the same amount of caps Andrews 20 caps 2 goals, Gibson 16 caps and 1 goals!!

Heres the difference, Andrews is 30 years old and Gibson is 23 years old!

Oh please, not him! Everytime i watch a Man U match, he seems to think he's Le Tisser or something and shoots more than the rest of the team combined! I'm pretty sure even Keef or the Axe will get some similiar spectacular goals if they shoot as often! Imo, if you take away the "Man United premium", he'll probably be rated as a championship class player.

If you dont buy a ticket, you will never win the lottery!!

Nothing wrong with shooting, wish we did more of it at times!

Ha worst midfielder Ireland have in their squad bar none,will offer nothing bar the odd screamer why people are getting excited about this is beyond me,i would rather we signed someone that can actually play football,Keith fahey is by far a superior footballer but i bet if he was linked people would be giving out.i would much rather give lowe a game.

Seems like I'm in the minority rating Gibson. He's got an excellent engine, a very good range of passing and isn't afraid to get stuck in. He's better than anything we have apart from N'Zonzi.

I raised concerns earlier in the window that, whilst talented, all our targets seemed to be foreign. We have to sign players with PL experience too. Gibson fits that and is only 23. I hope we put a fixed fee in if it's a loan, I think his value will go up if we sign him.

• Moderation Lead

Seems like I'm in the minority rating Gibson. He's got an excellent engine, a very good range of passing and isn't afraid to get stuck in. He's better than anything we have apart from N'Zonzi.

I raised concerns earlier in the window that, whilst talented, all our targets seemed to be foreign. We have to sign players with PL experience too. Gibson fits that and is only 23. I hope we put a fixed fee in if it's a loan, I think his value will go up if we sign him.

Indeed, as long as his wages aren't silly, I'd be happy with him as an addition to the squad!

Im with LeChuck & John on this one....would be very happy with Gibson on loan with a view to buy.

Make no mistake he would run our midfield, especially compared to what we have now. He is young and should improve further and he is british with premier league experience....he can score from distance, the problem at United is that he tries too hard as he really needs to catch the eye to stay in the team.

Archived