BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scotland

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I've loved it everywhere I've been in Scotland and never been hatassed for being English. Friendly teasing at best.

Apart from the people of Aberdeen, who seem to communicate by urinating.

Personally cannot see how a independent nation can survive using another nations currency. That just doesn't make sense, and something the SNP needs to sort out before they get to the vote. Having another country effectively deciding your fiscal policy is a tricky situation, even in good economic times. If England and Scotland diverge economically by even 1% point that will mean massive issues in economic policy.

I believe quiet a few countries use the USA dollar as their official currency (mostly in the Caribbean and Central America) and maintain independence.

I believe quiet a few countries use the USA dollar as their official currency (mostly in the Caribbean and Central America) and maintain independence.

And other currencies tie themselves to the dollar in some way or another.

Those countries are not in the eurozone though are they? Scotland will likely not have a choice if it wants leech off the europeans instead of us, I doubt they will have much say in the matter and they will have to to become part of the eurozone.

Guest Norbert

True, but if they become independent, you know they'll wrangle some deal that benefits Scotland at the expense of the rest of the UK.

They could do a Zimbabwe and have no currency at all, and use the black market to pay in dollars, Euros or whatever the public can get their hands on.

True, but if they become independent, you know they'll wrangle some deal that benefits Scotland at the expense of the rest of the UK.

Be honest who are they going to 'wrangle some deal' off? They've nowt of much value to offer the Eu so they'll have to form a queue behind the habitual dead legs and the newbie dead legs with their begging bowls to the fore.

@#/?, over my dead body.

If they want to leave, they have to change the lot. That arse Salmond tried to blackmail us over the pound by saying Scotland wouldn't honour its share of teh UK debt if Downing Street wouldn't let them use the pound. Well we called his bluff.

Head of state, army, first minister, administrative structure, the @#/? whole shooting match they can start from scratch.

Turn your back on the UK and you get nothing. In fact if they left the UK and the EU wouldn't have them, we'll start sending these foreign migrants back over the border.

If that ego-@#/? wants to play silly @#/?, then let's play, let's see where he gets his country.

keans, over my dead body.

If they want to leave, they have to change the lot. That arse Salmond tried to blackmail us over the pound by saying Scotland wouldn't honour its share of teh UK debt if Downing Street wouldn't let them use the pound. Well we called his bluff.

Head of state, army, first minister, administrative structure, the keaning whole shooting match they can start from scratch.

Turn your back on the UK and you get nothing. In fact if they left the UK and the EU wouldn't have them, we'll start sending these foreign migrants back over the border.

If that ego-kean wants to play silly keans, then let's play, let's see where he gets his country.

What a tragic and badly informed post.

In an ideal world id love to see Scotland go its own way and would hope that they found ways of prospering, in reality though their current politians and leaders are like amateur versions of our shoddy lot with added bitterness and no vision or ideas for the future they are chasing.

Guest Norbert

I listened to Osbourne's speech, and it was pretty damning. And as for this threat to dump Scotland's share of the debt if they don't get their own way over keeping the pound, that is blackmail and a threat. No point whining about 'Westminster laying down the law' when you're side are talking like that. If there was some deal to keep the pound in Scotland, I'd run it from the Bank of England for the benefit of the remaining members, and not really concern myself too much with how Scotland are coping. They'd be moaning about not being able to run England's affairs and get their own way.

It seems the pro independence campaign can be summed up by the following phrase:

FREEEEEEEEEEDDDDOOOMM!!!!!!................don't mind if you pay for dinner and the taxi home do you?

Will i be able to have an English passport?

No but on the upside the jocks won't be able to have a BRITISH passport, that means when they are stoned in some foreign country swinging on the crossbars the British won't get the blame

No but on the upside the jocks won't be able to have a BRITISH passport, that means when they are stoned in some foreign country swinging on the crossbars they British won't get the blame

That's an interesting one. Will every Scot need to get a new passport between the aftermath of a yes vote and separation day? And will they need to set up embassies/consulates around the world? Lot of expense there not to mention practicalities.

I can't stand Alex Salmond. He's a dodgy kean if ever I saw one. As for Scotland I'll be sorry to see them go if they vote for independence. I wouldn't mind independence for the North of England. Like the Scots I'm tired of being screwed around by London.

The north west has the second largest economy in the UK, with an unusually high proportion of innovators over the years

I can't stand Alex Salmond. He's a dodgy kean if ever I saw one. As for Scotland I'll be sorry to see them go if they vote for independence. I wouldn't mind independence for the North of England. Like the Scots I'm tired of being screwed around by London.

Once the Scottish burden is off our hands it would allow much greater investment in the north of England. Northern Ireland gets disproportionate subsidies and grants too in order to keep them quiet.

Archived