BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scotland

Once the Scottish burden is off our hands it would allow much greater investment in the north of England. Northern Ireland gets disproportionate subsidies and grants too in order to keep them quiet.

Good point, the English, Welsh and NI politicians should emphasize the burden aspect, the wee jocks would say it was further bullying I expect

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the English looked after the English we'd be miles better off.

We could always go to Scotland, NI and Wales for a holiday and a bit of golf simply by packing our passports and slowing down at the borders I guess. It'd be no skin off our noses really would it?

You'd have to get your pounds changed into Euros, or whatever mickey mouse currency the Scots created.

Not sure what we'd do with all the scots in our armed forces, we'd have to get shot of them I guess.

Alex Salmond's not really thought this through, has he?

He's tried to cherry pick his way through it, thats for sure.

You'd have to get your pounds changed into Euros, or whatever mickey mouse currency the Scots created.

Not sure what we'd do with all the scots in our armed forces, we'd have to get shot of them I guess.

Alex Salmond's not really thought this through, has he?

THE ALREADY HAVE MICKY MOUSE MONEY THATS CRAP DOWN HERE...SCOTTISH NOTES..USED ANDREX WORTH MORE

After the EU president spoke this morning, independence is dead in the water, or if you are wee Alex, another bully trying to put one over the wee people.

If he gets his way, its very hard times for Scotland's future

Once the Scottish burden is off our hands it would allow much greater investment in the north of England. Northern Ireland gets disproportionate subsidies and grants too in order to keep them quiet.

Not sure if that's a serious post or not, but if Scotland is a burden then why is David Cameron making pleas to the English,Welsh and Northern Irish to ask their friends family in Scotland to vote no?

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

If Scotland votes "No" is there anything to stop the Scottish parliament calling another referendum (alluding to when it can actually have one again)?

I don't think there is anything to stop them as such but it would probably be pretty pointless if that was the case.

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

If Scotland votes "No" is there anything to stop the Scottish parliament calling another referendum (alluding to when it can actually have one again)?

Yes there is, they had to get agreement on this one from Westminster.

I should imagine if this one is a no vote Salmond is finished

What will happen to the monarchy? Will they have to relinquish all their Scottish titles and land? And give that stone back.

The monarchy will stay the same ( at first at least )

Much the same as Australia, Canada etc have the same monarchy as England.

• 1 month later...
Guest Norbert

I'd like England to have a Parliament so we can have control of our own affairs without Scotland etc. sticking their noses in.

Guest Norbert

Yep. I'm no Tory, but Labour in it's horrible Blair/Brown form relied on the Scottish MPs to push through a few policies without any regard for the West Lothian question. They helped bankrupt the NHS etc.

And the SNP constantly whinge about everything but they want to have their cake and eat it. They want independence, but want to use the pound, have everyone south of the border subsidise their education and benefits system, keep all the oil for themselves etc. They don't want freedom, they want a free ride.

Guest Norbert

Alex Salmond would want to have a Scottish team so he can do the photo ops like any politician. He would want it funded by the current Lottery system and British tax payers though.

They'd have to get their own football league too :D

Oh wait....

Unlike Wales who have their own league but amazingly have two clubs in the English Premier League taking the place of two English clubs who should be there instead.

Historically Cardiff and Swansea have always played in England. After their amateur early days both clubs played in the old Southern League until the early 1920s when they joined the Football League. I'm not sure why you find this "amazing" or do you expect them to play in the semi-professional Welsh League?

Guest Norbert

Wales has been assimilated into the English political system for something like 700 years. It has barely been recognised as a country during that time. Their inclusion as part of the United Kingdom was very much down to England conquering them, which is only partially true of how Scotland got together with England.

Guest Norbert

:lol:

Sounds like Nuneaton round here. I've not heard of that, though if true that makes Jeremy Clarkson, Super Atko and Diana Rigg Scottish.

In todays budget Osbourne has written down the tax revenues for future north sea oil. This will leave a hole in the independent scottish budget of around £1000 per household per year.

Is this another trick by Osbourne to undermine the Yes vote, or a real problem for Salmond?

Archived