BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Scotland

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally cannot see how a independent nation can survive using another nations currency. That just doesn't make sense, and something the SNP needs to sort out before they get to the vote. Having another country effectively deciding your fiscal policy is a tricky situation, even in good economic times. If England and Scotland diverge economically by even 1% point that will mean massive issues in economic policy.

The other issue is if we lose the Scottish left-wing vote to an independent, then labour will struggle to ever get in power again. If that happens it will only weaken the balance of the northern vote in the uk.

The other issue is if we lose the Scottish left-wing vote to an independent, then labour will struggle to ever get in power again. If that happens it will only weaken the balance of the northern vote in the uk.

Then Labour would have to adapt again. They did it by re-branding with Blair's 'New' Labour so they would just have to do it again. They need to represent the electorate rather than their own particular political doctrine. The rules of any democracy (sadly) is one man one vote and a vote by the people for the people.

Personally cannot see how a independent nation can survive using another nations currency. That just doesn't make sense, and something the SNP needs to sort out before they get to the vote. Having another country effectively deciding your fiscal policy is a tricky situation, even in good economic times. If England and Scotland diverge economically by even 1% point that will mean massive issues in economic policy.

I don't see it would make any difference. The Tories are running the country for the benefit of London and the southeast anyway and can afford to ignore the north now.

'All'? That is open to conjecture.

Maybe but I don't think he's far wrong. Do you think they're building the HS2 (why 2 by the way?) to provide benefits to Birmingham, Wigan, Preston etc? I very much doubt it.

Maybe but I don't think he's far wrong. Do you think they're building the HS2 (why 2 by the way?) to provide benefits to Birmingham, Wigan, Preston etc? I very much doubt it.

It's not all doom and gloom. Businesses may or may not move north but even if they dont then employment opportunities will become more available for people in the north and those commuters will be able to live in cheaper houses in the north too plus the benefits brought by them spending their southern based wages up here.

HS1 was the link from London to the Channel Tunnel (I think)

What an embarrassment the line from the tunnel to waterloo was before that high speed link was built! The eurostar was like sitting on Thomas the tank engine until it wobbled into the tunnel and emerged later gliding completely vibration free along the French section and through the Somme at 180 mph. Apparently we had too many newts to evict in Kent to complete our side of the bargain.

I hardly ever use google, I use bing mainly because of their daily wallpapers, today Scotland: http://www.bing.com/az/hprichbg/rb/EdinburghCastle_EN-US7744615814_1366x768.jpg or bing.com Edinburgh.

Google is a better search engine overall but not by much. I like the bing setup. I've got to have questions about a lot of google ethics-wise so I hardly ever use them.

Hey thats something else you can pay an annual levy for once you are on your own... the use of English! I'm sure it will be covered by the laws of copywrite. If you cant afford then you'll just have to go back to that gaelic malarcky........ then see just how many jobs you lot get down here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_where_English_is_an_official_language

You could probably clear that multiple trillion pound debt you lot have if it were possible to copyright a natural language. The conservatives 700 billion add on to that debt by 2015 wouldn't matter either you'd be rolling in it.

But it's not allowed..

You could probably clear that multiple trillion pound debt you lot have if it were possible to copyright a natural language. The conservatives 700 billion add on to that debt by 2015 wouldn't matter either you'd be rolling in it.

But it's not allowed..

Hey thats timely! Look what we are managing to do..... even carrying you lot on our backs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25345249

Guest Norbert

If Scotland became independent, does that mean we can and will charge them the full whack for uni fees, that they have avoided but gave us non-Scottish people, and rip up the PFI contracts that they helped cripple the NHS with?

The Democratic Republic of Methadonia has done pretty well out of the West Lothian Question since devolution. It is England and Wales that have suffered more since 1997.

• 1 month later...

Archived