Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Vedad Ibisevic

neophox

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

We could do with a central midfielder more than a striker. I think Yakubu will make double figures this year if we keep him as first choice, he was unlucky on Saturday not to add to this tally.

we need a goalscorer 1st but also do need a midfielder like Tugay plus a right back and left back in January.

We could do with a central midfielder more than a striker. I think Yakubu will make double figures this year if we keep him as first choice, he was unlucky on Saturday not to add to this tally.

Four weeks ago I might have agreed with you but currently Nzonzi and pedersen look excellent so CM is less of a concern for me now. Someone with real quality up front would make by far the biggest difference to the team at the moment.

Another midfielder to compete with nzonzi, Peds and whatshisname (Serbian fellow) would be good though and does need to be addressed.

Rovers boss Steve Kean is plotting a new £3.5million move for the Hoffenheim striker, having failed to land him in the summer, but knows their current Premier League woe is in danger of putting him off a switch.

Kean, who is still waiting to be told his exact budget for January, believes Ibisevic could go a long way to saving their season and is hopeful he will get the backing from his bosses to land him.

Venky’s sources say money will be available for Kean come the opening of the January transfer window, having previously stated there would be £5million available each window.

Sources close to Ibisevic have revealed the striker would still be interested in a move to the Premier League and that a switch to Blackburn Rovers is still a possibility.

Rovers’ struggles in the Premier League are a factor that could work against Kean, although the inclusion of a ‘clause’ allowing him a summer exit should they be relegated could lure him to East Lancashire.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9365923.Ibisevic_wants_clause_for_Ewood_switch/

So if this ever comes off, I bet £1 it's a loan deal. If Venky's can find some money somewhere (selling Hoilett), hopefully they'll be a bit smarter than West Ham who bought Ba and had to let him go for free 6 months later due to a clause.

Is there much point in signing a player with no incentive to fight against relegation. If he's not up for it, don't bother.

That's a massively sweeping statement about him!

Why would he move countries if he wasn't up for doing his best? Even if we were to be relegated, he would want to put himself in the shop window to get himself the best transfer possible in the summer.

Archived