BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Vedad Ibisevic

neophox

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope we can find better, Ibisevic is one season wonder , at least in bundesliga he was, when he scored 18 + goals in one season and that is about it.I think he is not exactly premiership standard. First he is lightweight, premiership is much harder then bundesliga so can not see him fit here, not that prolific for national team either, plus he is injured. Selling Kalinic and bringing Ibisevic is not a step forward in my opinion , but neither a step down. Anyway not happy about this one.

I hope we can find better, Ibisevic is one season wonder , at least in bundesliga he was, when he scored 18 + goals in one season and that is about it.I think he is not exactly premiership standard. First he is lightweight, premiership is much harder then bundesliga so can not see him fit here, not that prolific for national team either, plus he is injured. Selling Kalinic and bringing Ibisevic is not a step forward in my opinion , but neither a step down. Anyway not happy about this one.

Hardly, his record during his entire time there is not bad and he also has a decent scoring rate for Bosnia.

Good player who would probably adapt to the premier league quickly. Would fit into our style of play.

Hardly, his record during his entire time there is not bad and he also has a decent scoring rate for Bosnia.

Good player who would probably adapt to the premier league quickly. Would fit into our style of play.

Look at the example of Edin Deko, also Bosnian international scoring regularly in bundesliga scored more in bundesliga and Bosnia then Ibisevic. And now in Man City scored only 4 in 17 games, and has one of the best supporting midfielders behind him. So I do not see Ibisevic fitting that easily.

Look at the example of Edin Deko, also Bosnian international scoring regularly in bundesliga scored more in bundesliga and Bosnia then Ibisevic. And now in Man City scored only 4 in 17 games, and has one of the best supporting midfielders behind him. So I do not see Ibisevic fitting that easily.

Ibisevic doesnt come with the same pressure and price tag on his shoulders !

Pressure not the same, won't be as in and out of the side as Dzeko (I hope) and Dzeko is clearly adapting to the league. Let's also face it...4 in 17 is better than Roberts.

Pressure not the same, won't be as in and out of the side as Dzeko (I hope) and Dzeko is clearly adapting to the league. Let's also face it...4 in 17 is better than Roberts.

No, it is not exactly the same , but new league and a club that desperately needs goalscorer and goals can make if not bigger then at least the same level of pressure to. Then again he did core 18 goals in one season so that has to worth something.

Excellent logic there.

Maybe we should sell Samba because he was absolutely gash when he played in Germany?

Ibisevic is probably one of the best strikers that we could attract to the club - end of.

@SkySportsJamesP

James Pearson

#Hoffenheim manager Ernst Tanner says #Blackburn have been given permission to speak with striker Vedad #Ibisevic

Which the LT confirmed this morning before sky sports went to try and get some exclusive news :rolleyes:

He wasnt the one we went talking yesterday to according to Cryer on twitter

The more I read about Ibisevic, the more he excites me. Has scored at every level he's played at.

The main concern is his injury record, and the fact that he hasn't been at his best since his knee injury in 2009 (although it would be hard to replicate 18 goals in 17 Bundesliga games).

Vedad Ibišević is a player I've liked for a long time and have suggested on a number of occasions that we try to sign. I'm happy that we are trying to sign him, but I'm concerned with his fitness and if we can afford to wait for him to get fit. By the time he does get fit, we could be dead and buried. But if we sign another striker to go with him, I'd be more comfortable with the signing.

Archived