BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ewood Park - Hall of Fame

Stuart

I grew up durring the golden era so Shearer, Sherwood and Hendry would be in my top three.

Soft spots for McKinlay, Speedie and Duff.

Players are not heroes to me anymore that was a kids thing, even now I wouldn't ask for an autograph if I saw a modern player.

I think it all started when Dunn tried to hit on my girlfriend in Tokyo Joes night club and she rejected him ofcourse, from that moment on I knew I was better then him haha

Got to love Bob Crompton. From wiki:

"Crompton had a heart attack in 1941 while watching Blackburn play Burnley, while he was still in charge of Blackburn. His team had just won the match 3-2. He died that evening."

Keep the favourite photos coming by the way!

BLACKBcrompton4.jpg

Uncle Jack

Garner

Clayton

Douglas

Shearer

Sutton

Friedel

Tugay

Crompton

Fazackerley

Is what id start with

Not sure I'd have Sutton in there tbh. I'd like to see a few from the greatest ever threads including too - especially those who won us the fa cup 3 times in a row.

Got to love Bob Crompton. From wiki:

"Crompton had a heart attack in 1941 while watching Blackburn play Burnley, while he was still in charge of Blackburn. His team had just won the match 3-2. He died that evening."

Keep the favourite photos coming by the way!

BLACKBcrompton4.jpg

That picture of Bob is a cracker, his stance and expression is saying:

"You're not beating us today sonny, any more of the lip and you're avin it"

Go on Bob :D

Soft spot for McKinlay

Really?

He spoilt his time here towards the end by being a complete ******, faking injury and blatantly sitting tight to line his pockets :angry2:

I can’t stand the guy.

That picture of Bob is a cracker, his stance and expression is saying:

"You're not beating us today sonny, any more of the lip and you're avin it"

Go on Bob :D

Oh, for a similar ilk of player/man in the side nowadays!

This is a big reason why people are upset with Jones and what might have been.

In a parallel universe somewhere, 10 years in the future, Phil is stood in blue and white, looking over at Chris Smalling in the same way, and fans on Internet forums are all in agreement that he should be the first Rovers player in history to be inducted into the hall of fame whilst still playing.

...and referees are still suited and booted, with their trousers tucked into their socks.

Top of any list for me would have to be Bob Crompton. Over 20 years as a player, then a director, and two spells as manager. Two League Championships as captain, an F.A. Cup win and a Second Division Championship as a manager. The most capped player of his generation. Quite simply the guy devoted the majority of his life to Blackburn Rovers and died while still in post as manager.

My opening top ten would be:

Bob Crompton

Ronnie Clayton

Bryan Douglas

Derek Fazackerley

Tony Parkes

Simon Garner

Alan Shearer

Bill Eckersley

Jack Bruton

Tugay

Special places would have to be given to Jack Walker and Lawrence Cotton - two guys who built the club in exactly the same way but 80 odd years apart.

I think you are on the money there possibly including John Lewis though, no John Lewis no BRFC

Really?

He spoilt his time here towards the end by being a complete ******, faking injury and blatantly sitting tight to line his pockets :angry2:

I can’t stand the guy.

Why would he fake an injury when he could walk stright in the side 1998/99?, Flitcroft was already injured seriously.

It's not like he knew we would go downm I'm sure staying up would have benifited him, and he was 30 so its would have decreased his international career prospects.

Plus he was a fighter on the pitch, hard to believe he was softie off it.

• Guest changed the title to Ewood Park - Hall of Fame

Archived