BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Worst start to a season for 60 years

In 1917/18 we lost the first 4 games for the only time in our history.

Our team had, however, been decimated by the Battle of the Somme.

The War years results are not recognised because of this Plastic head,many teams were made up of bit part players from other clubs,even local lads sometimes got a game.....make that 1888!

CHRIST,LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL EH! :(

With Jack Walker & John Williams at the helm. Even if we were in a storm, You knew that we as a club would get through ok.

Now we have the Venkys & Kean at the helm, I feel we are in a padalo boat going round in circles with Kean making his usual excuses of why it’s happening, Venkys sat behind him looking clueless as the tidal wave of relegation approaches .

Just checked out the records and 1917/8 was not a league season- the game did not re-start properly until 1919.

So defeat at Craven Cottage would take us into completely new territory unknown in the history of the club.

Potato head would have planted himself in the club record books.

Just checked out the records and 1917/8 was not a league season- the game did not re-start properly until 1919.

So defeat at Craven Cottage would take us into completely new territory unknown in the history of the club.

Potato head would have planted himself in the club record books.

Yes, but Phil, if we do lose against Fulham, I'm sure they'll be positives to be taken out of the game.

Most notably the number of times we got into their box. Admitting your team just lost but you wer ein oppo's box 60 times or whatever, is like saying you didn't go to bed with a girl but she let you buy her drinks all night. It's for losers. Which is who we have for a manager.

I'm a glass half-full kinda guy. OK, we would've had our worst start to a season ever, but the lads would've been out there, giving their all, and the way we're playing it will surely come right for us soon. On another day we would only have lost 1- or 2-0, and let's not forget we've brought in a lot of players with no experience, and have practically no-one else to play, so it will take time for them to get used to teh pace. Say a season or so.

I'm a glass half-full kinda guy. OK, we would've had our worst start to a season ever, but the lads would've been out there, giving their all, and the way we're playing it will surely come right for us soon.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Damn not allowed any more emoticons.

I didn't know your middle name was Bryan, Mr Kean.....!

(only kidding pal...)

Added to the bloody awful run last season which was one of our worst in decades what possible justifcation is there for continuing with this man as our manager ?

There isn't any.

The only thing I can think of is that a few wind-up merchants are filling their boots at the minute on here, pretending to back the guy.

• Backroom

If Kean stays on as manager for the entire season I have no doubt we will end this campaign with our lowest ever premier league points total. He's not a good manager, he's not a lucky manager... he's just not a manager at all. This is what happens when you put a coach and a "senior players committee" in charge of a club.

Blackburn Rovers are a worm

In the early days of the Premier League, Blackburn Rovers could be considered as the Koi Carp of the English football pond. Their value and attractive players made them the talk of the sport. Uncle Jack ensured that his fish was well fed and successful and at one point the future seemed very bright indeed.

Fast forward sixteen years and that proud carp is now a semi-lifeless worm wiggling helplessly under the ever rising waters of increasing Premier League spending and inexperienced management. The worm has of course been tied to the line by Indian Chicken farmers, Venkys. The reason for using the club as bait is yet unclear. When the club was taken over, they spoke about increased brand exposure and little else that could be viewed as coherent thought. The real question, is what are they trying to catch? It seems impossible that they have any advisors when they believe that a manager with the record of Kean, is the man to bring success to the club. As Blackburn Rovers rapidly run out of air, the supporters seem to slowly be accepting their fate. Of course, there is booing after opposition goals and poor defeats but as of yet there has been nothing sustained.

When the owners attend the games, nothing is that different. The worm is still wiggling on the line. The supporters are in the ground and nothing appears to be that different, any booing that follows conceeded goals is surely to be expected?

Whilst Steve Kean is the manager, I can no longer see Blackburn Rovers as my club. I feel as though I am being held to an agreement that I never signed up to. Loving a football club should be unconditional but at the moment it feels like a marriage involving having to live with the Mother in Law and noone wants that. As a child, I remember the guy in front of me would be flatulent through the entire game. Never did I believe that one day, Blackburn Rovers would be better off with his farts in the managers seat.

So what do we do? Without extraordinarily drastic action I am afraid that Kean will stay and that we will be relegated. Whether or not you believe it, Venkys seemingly think that the supporters are badly educated and poor who are getting frustrated at their 'hobby'. They have no understanding of the love that we all have for the club. There is only one thing for it...

Cut the line and let the worm drown (For a while).

People keep talking about the difference between harming the club without harming Venkys. I'm sorry but there is only way to attract the worldwide media attention required to save the club and that is through the supporters being so desperate for action that they are willing to harm their own club.

That is why I propose a 'Stay away'.

The next home game, you should all simply stay at home with the reason that Kean is manager. Ensure that the club are aware of your intentions. The games are beamed worldwide. Imagine the reaction when noone is in the seats, action would need to be taken and the negative PR against Venkys would force their hand. I honestly believe that this is the only way to save the club.

Obviously I don't want to harm the club which is why I suggest this for one game only.

What I propose is a way to save the club.

If we get relegated...that is only the start of the bad times. I'm sure of that.

I can no longer be at Ewood, but it is just as hurtful to watch this happen to the club, 4,000 miles away.

Please, please, please save the club.

The War years results are not recognised because of this Plastic head,many teams were made up of bit part players from other clubs,even local lads sometimes got a game.....make that 1888!

CHRIST,LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL EH! :(

He was joking. Rovers have never lost their opening 4 league games.

Imagine that, eh? One loss away from our worst ever start to a league season.

Yes, but Phil, if we do lose against Fulham, I'm sure they'll be positives to be taken out of the game.

Most notably the number of times we got into their box. Admitting your team just lost but you wer ein oppo's box 60 times or whatever, is like saying you didn't go to bed with a girl but she let you buy her drinks all night. It's for losers. Which is who we have for a manager.

I'm a glass half-full kinda guy. OK, we would've had our worst start to a season ever, but the lads would've been out there, giving their all, and the way we're playing it will surely come right for us soon. On another day we would only have lost 1- or 2-0, and let's not forget we've brought in a lot of players with no experience, and have practically no-one else to play, so it will take time for them to get used to teh pace. Say a season or so.

Bryan, I'm genuinely struggling to tell if that post is sarcastic or sincere! :wacko:

Table after three games in 2006/07, with Mark Hughes in charge. Bizarrely with that game at Sheff Utd when they missed two pens and we missed one.

One of those 3 games was Chelsea, and we drew against Everton.

Personally, I trusted Hughes to turn that around. Not so sure about Kean...

Archived