BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KEAN: BLACKBURN CAN SURVIVE

When asked if he and the team were confident of survival, Kean told Sky Sports News: "Of course we are, absolutely no question.

"I believe even now, with our injuries, we can go back and look at some real tough decisions.

"I know everybody can do this but we can go back and look at a last-minute penalty against Norwich, a last-minute penalty against Everton.

"There have been a number of games where we have just fallen the wrong side of decisions.

"I think we should already have six or seven more points, even though we have got so many defenders out injured.

"We are really confident if we have a good (transfer) window, which I am sure we will, and get these defenders back, then we will really fly out of the blocks in the second part of the season."

I think Kean has now made me as deluded as him. Every day I have hope eternal that he has buggered off/been sacked/kidnapped by aliens/moved to Pune, every day I check the news hopefully, every day my hopes fade and die.

I have the same problem. The Raos insistence on sticking with Kean only raises questions. Starting with "Why?"

When asked if he and the team were confident of survival, Kean told Sky Sports News: "Of course we are, absolutely no question.

"I believe even now, with our injuries, we can go back and look at some real tough decisions.

"I know everybody can do this but we can go back and look at a last-minute penalty against Norwich, a last-minute penalty against Everton.

"There have been a number of games where we have just fallen the wrong side of decisions.

"I think we should already have six or seven more points, even though we have got so many defenders out injured.

"We are really confident if we have a good (transfer) window, which I am sure we will, and get these defenders back, then we will really fly out of the blocks in the second part of the season."

So it's now down to the fickle hand of fate and the 50/50 decision making of... wait for it... the referees!

Perhaps he is feeling the pressure after all. You know the games up when you start to put the onus on referees. :rolleyes:

You know, for all his positivity, I don't think I've ever once heard him take responsibility for his record.

I'm at the point now where I think he's just toying with us. Knowing he'll never be sacked and getting his own back for the chants.

What I don't get is why Fergie has publicly backed Kean. He is best mates with Big Sam so will no doubt know the real truth behind Kean getting the hotseat from his pal.

Unless Fergie wants him in the job to ensure we're in the land of ruin?

It's like a big, ugly tomcat toying with a defenceless mouse until it can actually be bothered delivering the fatal blow.

It's gotten to the point where merely looking at him makes me annoyed. Listening to him spout his endless optimistic drivel and meaningless platitudes from other managers, makes me feel physically ill. He is obviously blindly oblivious to the plight we are in or just simply doesn't care. Either way, he makes my blood boil and I can't stand the fact that despite all he has done, he has somehow managed to get the media on his side and have the fans looking like the bad guys.

I was discussing this RoyRover with my 2 sons as to how we currently feel about the Kean/Venkys situation. We realise that we have now gone through all the stages of the anger cycle over the last 12 months and are currently coming out of the acceptance phase and entering the hilarity phase.

We just switch on SSN or log on to the news sites and laugh at the latest episode in this total and utter farce - how sad! :(

What I don't get is why Fergie has publicly backed Kean. He is best mates with Big Sam so will no doubt know the real truth behind Kean getting the hotseat from his pal.

Plus Fergie publicly slating his agent.

"You've got that issue at Blackburn of an agent involved and deciding the future of the club, Jerome Anderson [of the SEM Group], he couldn't pick his nose. It's baffling and it's a serious threat to how clubs get run and how they conduct themselves."

• Backroom

Make no mistake, Ferguson would love to see us go down and the club be eradicated. He hasn't ever forgiven us for 1995, and our refusal to sell Shearer to United similarly irked him.

If anything, us sacking his best mate Allardyce just added fuel to his fire. Bet he couldn't wait to get on the phone and give our Steve a "pep talk".

all i can say as i am sick of the whole torrid affair is that i despise this man more than hitler, bin laden and sadam hussain put together and im not joking, i havent watched or listened to an interview he has given for months, nor do i read any article with him involved, i am tired of the hope being so near then snatched away like a boy given an amazing present on christmas day only to have it snatched away. We are going down like a lead balloon and yet i cant stand to see rovers win with him in charge, i just dont care anymore, this illegitimate has taken my love of rovers away and i dont know if i will ever get it back, the same with those vile wretches in pune. I wish i could go back in time to a time before this circus ever came to town. We are doomed and the players have to take a huge slice of the blame as having publicly backed him even though they must know in their own minds that hes doing an awful job they have given him this extended stay, so the players are no better than him and for me that makes them my enemy too, sod them all!!!!

I am actually considering breaking my self-imposed attending matches (ban) just so I can come and hurl abuse at Kean & the Rao family.

Same here. My ST is in the BBE UT. I sit with my family so i can't get too carried away. However I'm thinking of buying a ticket for the LT(Stoke game) just so I can give him n Venky's loads. Crazy times!

Just heard him.

All I can say is what a.....

Naive

Name dropping

Promoted way above his skill set

Horrible

Star sh@gging

Intolerable vomit inducing

Excuse of a man he truly is

He really is the worst case of a 'yes man' I have ever witnessed.

Surely his pressers are bringing the club into a new era of comedy gold for this countries 24 hour media junket !!!!!

Kean said: "My phone's been going hot all week with people phoning with messages saying 'Hang in there'.

"No disrespect to local MPs or local journalists or ex-players, but when you've got vastly experienced managers that are phoning up and saying under the circumstances you're doing a marvellous job, then I'll listen to them."

Archived