BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you not worked it out yet? THERE IS NO MONEY, Never will be, Its all about cost cutting now and it would be the exact same even if we was sat in the top 10, Wages need reducing massively, Loads of deadwood hanging about. Problem is we have no takers for deadwood and if we did then we would have no squad, I would not like to be the person who tries to balance these books whilst keeping a competitive side

Glen, two questions - are there any circumstances where you believe Kean would be sacked this season and how certain are you of your facts, 50% 70%, 100% or whatever.

Glen, two questions - are there any circumstances where you believe Kean would be sacked this season and how certain are you of your facts, 50% 70%, 100% or whatever.

For me Kean is the side issue now, the bigger issue is the future of the club. Today's events indicate that no money will be put in by the owners, so this transfer window will mean player sales or loan signings, that in turn will lead to relegation. The club will then face a severe financial crisis if the owners continue not to provide investment, so Kean is now the side issue for me, they can't afford to sack him, no decent manager would take the job under the current circumstances and with relegation the club will be left fighting for it's very existence.

For me Kean is the side issue now, the bigger issue is the future of the club. Today's events indicate that no money will be put in by the owners, so this transfer window will mean player sales or loan signings, that in turn will lead to relegation. The club will then face a severe financial crisis if the owners continue not to provide investment, so Kean is now the side issue for me, they can't afford to sack him, no decent manager would take the job under the current circumstances and with relegation the club will be left fighting for it's very existence.

So, we are not staring into the abyss but have already arrived there !!!

To be honest, if they can't afford to sack Kean, put him on gardening leave and appoint someone who at least has a bit of humility and doesn't live in a bullsh1t world. IMO, we need this poison out of our club. I'd take either John Coleman or Brian Laws - that is how little I respect or rate Kean.

Problem we have here, which Manager would come in and agree to balance books, whilst trying to keep team up? Its managerial suicide...

Only one person keeping Kean is a job, and she signs the cheques, which she don't want to be signing, they was sold a dream and thought they could run rovers as a business were profit was a more than a possibility.

They have been advised to

1. Give the club to the supporters or to someone for free (Who would want it? and who could finance it?)

2. Try and find a buyer (Highly unlikely, we are bottom of the league and are not too marketable, in addition Balaji would rather see the club go bust than give it up)

3. Chuck £20-30 Million at it in January which will be not be seen again, but it may just keep us up and prevent further losses later down the line

4. Sell what we can in January, £23 Million not too hard to get back In January and summer sales, but need to massively reduce wages.

5.Sell a large percentage of their stake in club, or offer it out for free in return for a steady yearly investment.

6. Try and get deadwood of wage bill in january I.e Roberts etc, sell Hoilett and perhaps Robinson whilst bringing in a few loans as replacements to try and keep team up, and reassess in summer.

All in all, I'm being told there is no cash, and no plans for any cash... Our best hope is they throw personal wealth at it, however that is not what they signed up for and not enough of the family have a genuine interest in it

Unfortunately with the club facing almost certain relegation there is no viable buyer, so we stuck with current owners. I cannot see any glimmer of hope at the moment, the accounts clearly show that the only way the club can be sustained is through investment from the owners, that isn't happening so money will have to be raised by selling players and reducing the wage budget. Relegation would mean a drop in income of circa £30 million, Rovers this year recorded a loss of £18 million so dropping down to the championship will result in a financial meltdown in the absence of the owners subsidising the club.

hand on heart i would take absolutely anyone at this moment over Kean but the reality is he will remain. They spent every last penny topping up his ridiculous contract. To think he earns more in a year than some people earn in a lifetime is just an insult. "Earn your money you despicable cretin and string together 4 wins out of the next 6"

Why does the idiot Kean 'back' the owners Kamy? The end is in sight, we're nigh on down and yet he still claims we'll stay up and four players will be coming in.

How do they gain from our impending doom? Fire sale and parachute payments - along with the fact that everyone now knows Venkys name? Is that it? It looks that way. It's incredible.

Why don't they just put the club up for sale? Or are they really just stupid and can't even agree on that either?

Nah, its vindictive destruction. They'll come out of this just fine.

She who must be obeyed in Pune ain't listening either way. They're not even pretending to show they care anymore. Not a single sound bite recently, no 'we know what we have to do' - which obviously meant hide like the cowards they are. They give their country a bad name to say the least.

It has always been about venkys, with Kean a side issue.

One reason I have been banging the drum with regards anti-in match protests. It is essential fans do all they can to get behind the team. Need to stay in.prem. If not, I think rovers go bust. 90mins focus on encouraging the players. Stay in prem, we may survive.

Unfortunately with the club facing almost certain relegation there is no viable buyer, so we stuck with current owners. I cannot see any glimmer of hope at the moment, the accounts clearly show that the only way the club can be sustained is through investment from the owners, that isn't happening so money will have to be raised by selling players and reducing the wage budget. Relegation would mean a drop in income of circa £30 million, Rovers this year recorded a loss of £18 million so dropping down to the championship will result in a financial meltdown in the absence of the owners subsidising the club.

Qatar or walker trust need to come in NOW. Public pressure on them.

One reason I have been banging the drum with regards anti-in match protests. It is essential fans do all they can to get behind the team. Need to stay in.prem. If not, I think rovers go bust. 90mins focus on encouraging the players. Stay in prem, we may survive.

I really don't think surviving is the plan. They'd have changed the manager months ago otherwise. Then we have the Salgado situation - 9 games I read he had to play before the rumoured new contract had to be offered. So what does Kean do? Gives him 'time off' in the middle of an injury crisis. Then we have the fact that they don't look fit (ten aren't apparently) but those who are certainly don't look like it. Why?

Nah, if they gave a damn they'd have potted him months ago. Relegation is the plan here.

Agree.

Kean is a nobody. A gopher.

However, he has a bloody awful record and is the only one present at games to vent our anger at.

Who else in their right mind will work for these bloody Indians.

The trouble lies so much deeper than a useless gaffer.

The club is in freefall. Sub 10000 attendances will be the norm. Its over.

Apparently players are too excited to join us

He said: “We will be talking about areas where we want to strengthen but we won’t mention any names or figures to the press, we will just get on with it.

“I think we should be doing it that way because in the past names got out – not through our end – but maybe through the players being so excited about coming to Blackburn Rovers and when they don’t materialise it ends up being a negative feel rather than being close on a number of occasions.

So is Mrs D refusal to put money into the club a foreteller for sale to any buyers?

Unless they sack Keano after the United game. May be she didnt want to spoil Mrs Kean's Christmas by laying him off in this season albeit with payout.

Kean doesnt know his budget because it's not his to spend.

Any takers for my theory?

I hope Kean doesn't use the no cash to buy players so we can only loan etc as an excuse, as that is the business plan that his business partner/ agent sold the club to Venkys with, the only thing that has changed is that their snouts are not the only ones in the trough anymore so the little scam has gone t*** up

Wages need to be cut, Players need to be sold, and some dodgy looking replacements for a fraction of the price need bringing in preferably on loan deals.

Which Manager would agree to such a deal?

Steve Kean

Another painful month ahead, were our manager claims it to be good business and that we had little choice.

Its scandoulous the league is letting this happen, and we are getting grief as supporters from all angles for not accepting our medicine

Which Manager would agree to such a deal

Kean would,make no mistake this (insert your own swear word)knows exactly the situation,we have to sell before we buy.

More lies from Kean,more lies from Venkys.

At the very best any incoming money from transfers will not all be spent on replacements eg look what happend in the summer.

And then look at the names we are linked with,Andy Johnson and Chris Gunter.we are bottom of the league and he thinks these will change things,do me a favour.

He is Venkys scapegoat but he is certainly a willing one.The only thing that you can be sure of with these people,NEVER BELIVE A WORD THEY SAY.

Not being funny but there's only been one protest during a game!!!!

Archived