BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

I only started coming on here towards the middle of last season and must admit I`ve seen nothing but negativity,blah blah everybody at the club is crap,I know its been dire at times especially when you hear the stories about funds, corruption, money owed and players being sold etc. but today we won against the champions, they had injuries, which they will use as an excuse, but don`t forget we also had injuries, the truth is we beat them 2-3 and that is all that matters.Today we are better than Man.U.and I really hope everybody gets behind the team against Stoke to give the youngsters the boost they need.

The truth is MU were crap. And we were not better than them. We fluked it - I'm happy with that but not deluded.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The truth is MU were crap. And we were not better than them. We fluked it - I'm happy with that but not deluded.

We were missing:

GK: Robbo

RB: Salgado

CB: Givet and Nelsen

LB: Olsson

RW: Dunn

CM: Grella

CM: Hoilett

CM: Dann

CF: Roberts

I tried to make an entire team and then ran out players! Point being made is that the players missing are arguably better than the ones on the pitch and we suffered more than United, it was not a fluke but a well disciplined performance against the champions on their turf.

I honestly thought United were awful. They had a spell early in the second half but apart from that they didn't seem up for it at all.

Not that I want to take away from a fine victory but we need to be careful not to get carried away.

As Kean himself has (finally realised) said today means nothing if we don't follow it up with "proper" results. Today makes up for Bolton, it doesn't gloss over a very (VERY) poor half season.

We march on.

Just listened to Villas Boas' comments on MOTD in regards to the fans booing. His reply was that they were the most important people at the club and that they had a right to boo for expecting more. Kean should have taken some lessons, could have saved himself a world of trouble.

Just listened to Villas Boas' comments on MOTD in regards to the fans booing. His reply was that they were the most important people at the club and that they had a right to boo for expecting more. Kean should have taken some lessons, could have saved himself a world of trouble.

Completely agree just about to post the same comments myself +1

I don't really understand the 'Credit for Kean...' argument.

We blame the man week in week out for defeats Topman, so we must praise the man for winning at Old Stratford surely, no other Rovers manager in living memory has won at Old Stratford a part from Mark Hughes :D , credit where credits due IMO.

We blame the man week in week out for defeats Topman, so we must priase the man for winning at Old Stratford surely, no other Rovers manager in living memory has won at Old Stratford, credit where credits due IMO.

I thought Sparky won there in 2006?

EDIT: 2005 http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10303~30002,00.html

We were missing:

GK: Robbo

RB: Salgado

CB: Givet and Nelsen

LB: Olsson

RW: Dunn

CM: Grella

CM: Hoilett

CM: Dann

CF: Roberts

I tried to make an entire team and then ran out players! Point being made is that the players missing are arguably better than the ones on the pitch and we suffered more than United, it was not a fluke but a well disciplined performance against the champions on their turf.

Salgado and Roberts will never play again for contractural reasons.

Grella has he ever played for us.

We won't see Nelson again due to his injury

So we only really had 5 players out.

Think I'll lay off the bottles of Real Ale :wacko:

The point still stands, credit where credits due.

Indeed, three points when no one in their right mind expected a win, credit to baldy and our team for last two matches. they need to make it worthwhile by hammering a stake in Stoke on Monday though.

As Kean himself has (finally realised) said today means nothing if we don't follow it up with "proper" results. Today makes up for Bolton, it doesn't gloss over a very (VERY) poor half season.

+1

+1

We blame the man week in week out for defeats Topman, so we must praise the man for winning at Old Stratford surely, no other Rovers manager in living memory has won at Old Stratford a part from Mark Hughes :D , credit where credits due IMO.

I blame Kean for our league position and his relegation form. I don't crucify managers over one result and likewise all is not forgiven for one positive result. I think most here, like me, are looking at the total picture.

Kean has a victory not because of his tactical acumen but because SAF miscalculated morale/energy badly. Our reserves plus a few experienced hands wanted it more than his reserves plus a few experienced hands.

I love the points. We needed them desperately. But lets not fool ourselves. Even if we beat Stoke we're still in an unnecessary relegation battle thanks to the Raos' complete and utter failure to make the right decisions, starting with sacking Sam Allardyce, employing Kean and failing to hold onto John Williams.

the press dont pick up on them booing :unsure:

Perhaps the tactic should be moving forward;

Back Kean in public, make all of the right noises, "support" him, etc, etc

Direct the public protests towards Venkys, all negatives towards them

Then the under the counter/radar stuff should be directed at Kean, if he is either a puppet or a part-owner either way publicly calling for him to be binned is clearly going to cause more negative feeling from the public towards the fans?

Stealth mode?

Oh, and happy new year ;-)

Perhaps the tactic should be moving forward;

Back Kean in public, make all of the right noises, "support" him, etc, etc

Direct the public protests towards Venkys, all negatives towards them

I think this is exactly right. My own view is that he is out of his depth and the way the owners have kept him in his job is tantamount to cruelty. I know that the loudest voices in places like this come from those with extreme views one way or another. As such i expect my fair share of abuse for this next sentence. But i felt sorry for him - especially at the Bolton match. I think anyone with a partner and children should be able to appreciate that. He stood on that touch line taking abuse no man should be subjected to in any line of work barring a profession where you'd expect it (the military, police, prison warden etc..). The Rao's hung him out to dry. He should have been put out of his misery long before things reached fever pitch. I also think he has cut a much more humble figure since that match. I think he's cut back on the sensationalist bull and has acknowledged the horrible situation we are in.

I am not an ITK'er and as such i can only guess the things which have been hinted at. At worst he got the job through foul play. His agent was / is cosy with the owners and has excerpted pressure to keep him in his job. Beyond that i have no idea what else he has been guilty of except being well below par in terms of performance and results. That last reason should have got him sacked months ago. It didn't. To my mind, Steve Kean is just a man who took his opportunity at a shot at the big time. Yes he failed miserably thus far, but the real problem, are the inept owners. They have destroyed everything good about this proud old club yet by proximity they get away scott free whilst Steve Kean stands in frount of 20000 aggressive and angry supporters each week.

The poor bloke should have been sacked months ago. No doubting that in my mind. But Venky's are the real cancer at Rovers. I only wish i knew some way to influence their departure.

i felt sorry for him - especially at the Bolton match. I think anyone with a partner and children should be able to appreciate that. He stood on that touch line taking abuse no man should be subjected to in any line of work barring a profession where you'd expect it (the military, police, prison warden etc..). The Rao's hung him out to dry. He should have been put out of his misery long before things reached fever pitch.

This is rubbish.

Kean could end the abuse now by walking away - better managers than him have resigned for the overall good of their clubs but our wonderful supremo has chosen to brazen it out in his own self-interests and as such deserves all the abuse he is receiving and will continue to receive.

I agree he should have been put out of his misery by the owners but if he wants to stay he is going to have to stand thereand take the vitriol. He created this mess.

Why feel sorry for a manager who continues to blame fans for his incompetence ? AVB showed him the way today by saying Chelsea fans were right to boo the defeat by Villa but Kean was at again after the United match pointing the finger at Rovers supporters.

The man has no class.

Here's to a Kean-free 2012.

This is rubbish.

Kean could end the abuse now by walking away - better managers than him have resigned for the overall good of their clubs but our wonderful supremo has chosen to brazen it out in his own self-interests and as such deserves all the abuse he is receiving and will continue to receive.

I agree he should have been put out of his misery by the owners but if he wants to stay he is going to have to stand their and take the vitriol. He created this mess.

perfectly said, I don't see why you needed to explain this anyway, at ANY other club he would be long gone.

• Backroom

I don't really understand the 'Credit for Kean...' argument.

If someone crashed a school bus through bad driving and only managed to save one kid, would you shake their hand?

If he crashed the bus everyday but somehow kept his job then one day he got all the kids to school on time and also managed to stop by mcd's and get them all a sausage and egg mcmuffin with only 32p in his pocket then I'd think this guy still should never drive that bus but he did good that day.

This is rubbish.

I agree he should have been put out of his misery by the owners but if he wants to stay he is going to have to stand their and take the vitriol. He created this mess.

As i said Jim, i don't expect people to agree with me because in places like this the extremists shout the loudest. I just felt on a humane level, the abuse he got was tough to take. I felt uncomfortable watching it. I also found it strange that the supposed friendship he and his wife share with Mrs Dessai would have allowed that to happen. If it was a friend of mine i'd have spoken to them and told them i was taking them away from that.

I agree that he could walk away too. But i don't think he created the mess on his own. He has been totally inept, but his bosses have been even worse. That speaks volumes. Its a sorry sorry state of affairs which was entirely avoidable. Such a shame.

If he crashed the bus everyday but somehow kept his job then one day he got all the kids to school on time and also managed to stop by mcd's and get them all a sausage and egg mcmuffin with only 32p in his pocket then I'd think this guy still should never drive that bus but he did good that day.

I take it Jason Brown never did find another club then?

As i said Jim, i don't expect people to agree with me because in places like this the extremists shout the loudest. I just felt on a humane level, the abuse he got was tough to take. I felt uncomfortable watching it. I also found it strange that the supposed friendship he and his wife share with Mrs Dessai would have allowed that to happen. If it was a friend of mine i'd have spoken to them and told them i was taking them away from that.

I agree that he could walk away too. But i don't think he created the mess on his own. He has been totally inept, but his bosses have been even worse. That speaks volumes. Its a sorry sorry state of affairs which was entirely avoidable. Such a shame.

I am merely reflecting some of the anger many Rovers supporters feel. Is that "extremist" ? - I don't think so.

"Humane levels" and wives and children and friendships with the chairman's wife are nothing to do with Premier League football which is merciless and brutal sporting environment. You don't feel sorry for people like Kean - you get rid of them.

Kean created this mess because he is in charge of the team so he is responsible for our current position.

I am merely reflecting some of the anger many Rovers supporters feel. Is that "extremist" ? - I don't think so.

"Humane levels" and wives and children and friendships with the chairman's wife are nothing to do with Premier League football which is merciless and brutal sporting environment. You don't feel sorry for people like Kean - you get rid of them.

Kean created this mess because he is in charge of the team so he is responsible for our current position.

My apologies Jim, i wasn't calling you in particular an extremist. I was just saying that i expected to get shot down for feeling sympathy for him on a personal level. But again, you seem to have overlooked the numerous times i stressed that i feel he should have gone. Personally i would have acted after the Newcastle game. Let me stress this point to you - WE ARE IN AGREEMENT ON THAT!

To say Kean is soley responsible is ludicrous. By that argument i assume you'd be perfectly happy with the same owners and lack of off field staff providing we could replace Kean with another manager? Sacking Kean would not cure the club. He is a product of the terrible state the club is in. That is the Rao's fault. They are the ones who the hatred should be aimed towards.

Glad he stayed away from the touch line. Thought his subs today was ordinary, but the players are showing some real spirit.

VENKY'S OUT

Perhaps he should stay on his seat for every game. It was unusual not to see him stood out on the touchline.

I did wonder why he chose to stay sat down. Whatever the reason was I can't help thinking that it contributed to the result.....

Archived