BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like others, I have slated Kean but I am more than prepared to tip my hat to him for todays unexpected and fantastic win. Any win against the red scum is a great result.

Warning, it means faff all SK unless you take another 3 points on Monday.

Happy New Year

What a great result today. On a day when most Rovers fans would not begrudge giving Kean some praise for the result it would also have been a great opportunity for Kean to offer an olive branch to supporters.

Unfortunately when trying to do so he still can't resist having a dig with references to lots of postive mail from all over the world and negativity at home, thereby implying it is us the fans who where and still are wrong.

This afternoon post match was a real chance to start building a relationship with the fans. These opportunities don't come round too often. Unfortunately Kean blew it.

brilliant result, well done Steve Kean - he steers the ship for results good or bad so he should take a bow for that one in the words of Andy Gray. Still don`t think he is right for the club, but the players were hungry today and last week, we have seen young kids play with their hearts on their sleeve, and kean gave them the opportunity at a place as formidable as Old Trafford. He deserves a pat on the back for today, but lets not get carried away, the mountain to climb is still massive unless we can beat teams of equal ability which we have failed to do thus far.

Big test again against Stoke on Monday as we were horrendous against them at their place ! if he gets a win then, then who knows ! but i`m still a kean out, Venkys out man ! unless they splash the cash and we stay up this season, it may sway some fans from the far left to the middle again.

This afternoon post match was a real chance to start building a relationship with the fans. These opportunities don't come round too often. Unfortunately Kean blew it.

i viewed his presser differently - I thought he handled it fairly well to be honest. i think he could have gloated so much and had a grin from ear to ear today, but he didn`t as he probably knew it would antagonise given the situation. He didn`t blow his opportunity in my eyes, thought he came across okay...........yet positive as usual, but with something to be positive about if that makes sense

i viewed his presser differently - I thought he handled it fairly well to be honest.

ESPN interview was quite good ..... good result but need to build on it etc etc.

Sky interview was the usual Kean in upbeat positive mode having a dig at the fans.

The man does not learn, either off the field or on the field.

• Backroom

Ffs, we had 3 shots on target and they all went in. United were crap and had a bizarre team out.

All credit to the young lads who played their hearts out today but this was no tactical masterstroke by Kean and thanks to his amazing tactics we lost to WBA and Bolton at home and thus even a draw at Anfield and a win at Old Trafford sees us mired in the relegation zone.

Does make me laugh how his interviews sound exactly the same whether we win or lose. He says almost the exact same things :lol: Rovers fans getting battered up and down the country now for not backing mighty Steve Kean, slayer of Man Utd :tu:

Maybe Kean is learning on the job. But v Liverpool, Man U credit has to be given. Players played well both matches. Did not just kick the ball out of defence. But tried to play it out.

If venkys do not have the money to pay kean off and appoint somebody else. It means we are stuck with him. Therefore if the last two result are a sign that kean is, 't last' learning. We have to hope he learns more and fast.

But we also need venkys to learn as well. I hope today result will change venkys attitude towards the club and supporters.

Two results do not change the fact that both venkys and kean have damaged the club. But it is the players who do deserve our support. That was a young squad on that pitch today. They did the club proud.

VENKYS SORT YOURSELVES OUT, GET YOUR MONEY OUT AND HONOUR THE COMMITMENTS YOU PROMISED TO DO.

ESPN interview was quite good ..... good result but need to build on it etc etc.

Sky interview was the usual Kean in upbeat positive mode having a dig at the fans.

The man does not learn, either off the field or on the field.

Ah okay Jim - I only saw the ESPN presser after the game :rolleyes:

doesn`t matter too much with three shots on target, we had some off target as well - but we got three points today, at Old Trafford of all places ! massive achievement !

i viewed his presser differently - I thought he handled it fairly well to be honest. i think he could have gloated so much and had a grin from ear to ear today, but he didn`t as he probably knew it would antagonise given the situation. He didn`t blow his opportunity in my eyes, thought he came across okay...........yet positive as usual, but with something to be positive about if that makes sense

I was making my comments based on the report in the LT. A little bit of humility would not have gone amiss.

Kean calls for Rovers truce

Great result today but let's not go over the top. All credit to all of them in the last two games, and 4 bonus points from the two. It'll mean nothing without 3 points against Stoke.

I've never seen a United side so poor, apart from 10 minutes when they scored twice.

But hey, onwards and upwards!

Like others, I have slated Kean but I am more than prepared to tip my hat to him for todays unexpected and fantastic win.

Warning, it means faff all SK unless you take another 3 points on Monday.

Happy New Year

+1

Amen to all of that :tu:

In fairness to Kean, I suspect his secretary only passes him the nice ones. Although where she gets them, I don't know. Perhaps she writes them herself. In any case, she probably has an industrial size shredder for the rest.

Two good results that would be fantastic under normal circumstances. However, on the face of it, they change nothing. Kean has still proven he cannot secure the points needed to survive a PL season. Beating Stoke would be a good start but don't hold your breath.

Of course, the rub is that IF Kean somehow pulled off the impossible, it would only justify him managing the club next season, where we'd inevitably be relegated. Our only hope there is our PL status sells itself to prospective new owners. And even then, look how long The Trust took to sell us - and to who.

...Happy New Year!

I only started coming on here towards the middle of last season and must admit I`ve seen nothing but negativity,blah blah everybody at the club is crap,I know its been dire at times especially when you hear the stories about funds, corruption, money owed and players being sold etc. but today we won against the champions, they had injuries, which they will use as an excuse, but don`t forget we also had injuries, the truth is we beat them 2-3 and that is all that matters.Today we are better than Man.U.and I really hope everybody gets behind the team against Stoke to give the youngsters the boost they need.

I only started coming on here towards the middle of last season and must admit I`ve seen nothing but negativity,blah blah everybody at the club is crap,I know its been dire at times especially when you hear the stories about funds, corruption, money owed and players being sold etc. but today we won against the champions, they had injuries, which they will use as an excuse, but don`t forget we also had injuries, the truth is we beat them 2-3 and that is all that matters.Today we are better than Man.U.and I really hope everybody gets behind the team against Stoke to give the youngsters the boost they need.

I understand your sentiments rhodie, but simply 1 swallow doesn't make a summer, Bolton and West Brom games we really needed to win.

Enjoy the win by all means, but nothing changes, this idiot is talking us down and a win at old stratford won't change that I'm afraid.

I understand your sentiments rhodie, but simply 1 swallow doesn't make a summer, Bolton and West Brom games we really needed to win.

Enjoy the win by all means, but nothing changes, this idiot is talking us down and a win at old stratford won't change that I'm afraid.

Gav I absolutely agree with you but maybe in the spirit of getting everyone pulling in the same direction we should remember todays result and channel our support in a positive way on monday.It can only be a good thing.I really hope this is our club on the turn,the one thing that does worry me though is when do we say enough is enough regarding everyone falling out.The owners aren`t going and neither is the manager so,maybe we have to make the best out of a bad situation.

Gav I absolutely agree with you but maybe in the spirit of getting everyone pulling in the same direction we should remember todays result and channel our support in a positive way on monday.It can only be a good thing.I really hope this is our club on the turn,the one thing that does worry me though is when do we say enough is enough regarding everyone falling out.The owners aren`t going and neither is the manager so,maybe we have to make the best out of a bad situation.

The only way us as fans can register our displeasure is to do so on match days, I understand that can be counterproductive, but we've given the owners and manger almost 12 months of channelling our support in a positive way and thats landed us rock bottom of the premiership.

I see both sides of the argument, but I support protests on match days, its the only voice the supporters have, unless like me you boycott games, but that will never work because not enough people feel the same way as I do.

Okay, I know a lot of you hate Steve Kean, but we've to give him credit for today's game.

Let's hope we can keep this up at Stoke on Monday.

When I got in early, months ago, with my observations that he didn't have what it takes, I was told to give him time! And time he's had! 40 Premier League games of it!

So I shouldn't expect those few supporters Kean have left to ignore the big picture and come out campaigning on the basis of one or two games---------but they do!

(I'm not accusing you of that, your's is a more measured post, by the way.)

And can we keep it up against Stoke? That's the rub isn't it?

Archived