BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

I was discussing this RoyRover with my 2 sons as to how we currently feel about the Kean/Venkys situation. We realise that we have now gone through all the stages of the anger cycle over the last 12 months and are currently coming out of the acceptance phase and entering the hilarity phase.

We just switch on SSN or log on to the news sites and laugh at the latest episode in this total and utter farce - how sad! :(

I still haven't reached any acceptance - i just turn off /over if his silly grinning face or annoying voice appear on my tv/radio. When I saw him on here I felt violently ill (could just be the effect of too many chocolates but I doubt it) I don't listen to or read any interciews he gives (although that's difficult with the ubiquitous nature of the creature) and I spend lots of time trying, and not quite succeeding in not thinking about him at all. I am not by nature a hating person. If you knew some of the stuff I've forgiven people for in the last year or two you would know that, but I loathe and detest this thing so much that it scares me.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When our season ticket sales and crowds are way down next season in the Championship, it won't be Kean's fault it'll be our's

"glory seekers, only follow their team when they're in the Premier League".

Which other fans would put up with the sort of treatment we've had?

When our season ticket sales and crowds are way down next season in the Championship, it won't be Kean's fault it'll be our's

"glory seekers, only follow their team when they're in the Premier League".

Which other fans would put up with the sort of treatment we've had?

The worst part is, it just takes one decision, from a woman who sits in a nice house in Pune, to change the whole atmosphere and get the fans back focussing solely on getting behind the team.

At this stage, forget about the new manager, just potting Kean will be a sign of progress. Stick a senior player in charge til the end of the season and spend the Summer finding the right man for the division we end up in.

The rest of the problems might not go away but right now, I'd sacrifice the January transfer window and all it's misery for Kean's (unearned) compo.

The worst part is, it just takes one decision, from a woman who sits in a nice house in Pune, to change the whole atmosphere and get the fans back focussing solely on getting behind the team.

At this stage, forget about the new manager, just potting Kean will be a sign of progress. Stick a senior player in charge til the end of the season and spend the Summer finding the right man for the division we end up in.

The rest of the problems might not go away but right now, I'd sacrifice the January transfer window and all it's misery for Kean's (unearned) compo.

Precisely - the lift that getting rid of kean would give the majority of fans would probably get us a couple of unexpected results anyway cos we'd all be so desperate to cheer the team, whoever played, on. They have tried leaving Kean in charge - it doesn't work and nothing and nobody is going to make it work. So why not try something different? Belgium has managed without a government for a year or more - we could surely manage without a manager since we've been doing that for the last year. It really can't be any worse.

Combined total of 3M quid and he can't even get them to come up with that much! As if that sort of bargain basement buying could possibly save us!

And this is the man who said that the the owners have always given him whatever he asked for.

This circus will not end till the Bank says so.

johnson and gunter arnt the worst we could do considering we have kean and the mess we are in, but we need a QUALITY midield player, I know we have been incredibly unlucky with defensive injuries and we need full backs, but the team has been screaming out for a good midfielder, either one that can retain the ball and pass without giving away possession or a descent tacker with an engine who can boss the midfield, espeially since we lost the 2 jones, I think saf has been on the wind up with kean "all you need is 3 strikers mate then you will easy get top ten"

Championship players for a team that will be in the Championship next year.

Gunter is already in a relegation battle if he signs for us he'll be back in the same relegation battle 12 month later...KEAN OUT VENKYS OUT..13 months on we've turned into a total joke ! :angry:

Wages need to be cut, Players need to be sold, and some dodgy looking replacements for a fraction of the price need bringing in preferably on loan deals.

Which Manager would agree to such a deal?

Steve Kean

Another painful month ahead, were our manager claims it to be good business and that we had little choice.

Its scandoulous the league is letting this happen, and we are getting grief as supporters from all angles for not accepting our medicine

Confirms that Kean, IMO, is just one deluded bullsh1tter (extract from tonight's LT):

I think we should be doing it that way because in the past names got out not through our end but maybe through the players being so excited about coming to Blackburn Rovers and when they dont materialise it ends up being a negative feel rather than being close on a number of occasions".

This is a totally farce now!!!

How can any manager look to sign players if he doesn't know his budget!!!

The owners need to learn from their mistakes in the summer and stop messing the fans, manager and the Board of Directors around!!!

plus Mrs D also need to learn that you can't keep doing things on the cheap like the summer signings was!!!

SPEND SOME OF YOUR OWN CASH ON THE CLUB THAT YOU BOUGHT AND KEEP US UP!!!

This is a totally farce now!!!

How can any manager look to sign players if he doesn't know his budget!!!

The owners need to learn from their mistakes in the summer and stop messing the fans, manager and the Board of Directors around!!!

plus Mrs D also need to learn that you can't keep doing things on the cheap like the summer signings was!!!

SPEND SOME OF YOUR OWN CASH ON THE CLUB THAT YOU BOUGHT AND KEEP US UP!!!

Have you not worked it out yet? THERE IS NO MONEY, Never will be, Its all about cost cutting now and it would be the exact same even if we was sat in the top 10, Wages need reducing massively, Loads of deadwood hanging about. Problem is we have no takers for deadwood and if we did then we would have no squad, I would not like to be the person who tries to balance these books whilst keeping a competitive side

Archived