BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wiggy

You fancy yourself as Deep Throat? :lol:

This has been one of the most galling aspects of the whole sorry situation - the standard of reporting has been appalling. But then I suppose we all knew about the superficiality of the tabloids and pundits. Footballing "journalism" is a long way from Woodward and Bernstein.

I recommend Broken Dreams: Vanity, Greed and the Souring of British Football by Tom Bower and Glory, Goals and Greed: Twenty Years of the Premier League

Another galling aspect of this year is that I can no longer feel a little smug about our well run club. Whilst not naive enough to realise that even a sensible club probably has to swim in the infested waters of agents, inflated wages and all that is modern football, at least we used to steer a sensible path. I could look at Portsmouth, Newcastle and some time ago Leeds and treat them as parables of greed and mismanagement safe in the knowledge that our little club was smarter than that.

Can't believe I've just heard Shearer say on 5live how terribly treated Kean as been by the fans and he's doing a good job... I despair, what ever happens from now on the world will feel sorry for this clown and it'll all be the fault of the fans

Beggars belief doesn't it, all these "experts" coming out saying what a good job Kean is doing. Can they not see the feckin table, can they not understand his W/L record. Idoits every last one of em.

Why does the idiot Kean 'back' the owners Kamy? The end is in sight, we're nigh on down and yet he still claims we'll stay up and four players will be coming in.

How do they gain from our impending doom? Fire sale and parachute payments - along with the fact that everyone now knows Venkys name? Is that it? It looks that way. It's incredible.

Why don't they just put the club up for sale? Or are they really just stupid and can't even agree on that either?

Nah, its vindictive destruction. They'll come out of this just fine.

She who must be obeyed in Pune ain't listening either way. They're not even pretending to show they care anymore. Not a single sound bite recently, no 'we know what we have to do' - which obviously meant hide like the cowards they are. They give their country a bad name to say the least.

We said it before, asset strip 101. Keep Kean, sell players, cos no new manager would have any part of it, take the parachutes and jump. It's the only reason Kean is in a job, to do the Indians dirty work. Steve Kean is part and parcel of the destruction of Blackburn ROvers. Does this man have no shame whatsoever. What a lowlife and all for selfishness and greed.

A certain manager of a soon to be Championsip slide (deliberate) has been referred to as COCO as in Coco the Clown.

IMO it's time his name was was changed to IT - from a Movie of the same name - also a clown who lived in drains and made life hell for all.

Good ol Pennywise eh? "We all float down here Balaji"

Beggars belief doesn't it? I wonder what else he's going to take the credit for? I bet it was his idea for Jesus to feed the 5000. I think he even told that Zuckerberg chap that social networking could be a nice little earner. :wacko::blink::angry:

Not a great manager could be if he had llm experience and gained some prior experience but been let down badly by both players and the board.

Not good enough and he might be the most positive and brighest around but for me we are as good as down with him in charge.

"I first saw him playing in an academy game. I mentioned to Sam that I thought he was a John Terry type," Kean said. "We got him up and he started to train with the first team and the rest is history.

Yeh non of the academy staff had realised what Jones potential was until Kean told them

Kean had hoped the lure of regular football might be enough to allow Blackburn to cling on to Jones for a few more months after agreeing a release clause in the five-year deal the player signed in February and he believes that Jones would have been even cheaper without that new deal.

I might be wrong but wasn't he already on a contract to 2015 last February and only signed a one year extension which gave him more money. If he hadn't signed in February they could have sold him to the highest bidder in June which would probably have raised more than what we got.

The grand old men of Soccer Saturday having a good old laugh at Rovers and pouring more sympathy on Steve Kean for the circumstances he 'finds himself in'.

I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for Kean.

If anything, this situation has made me feel sorry for the likeable Paul Ince; the unfortunate Brian Kidd; and the unlucky Jim Iley.

"I first saw him playing in an academy game. I mentioned to Sam that I thought he was a John Terry type," Kean said. "We got him up and he started to train with the first team and the rest is history.

Yeh non of the academy staff had realised what Jones potential was until Kean told them

From what I remember did Kean not drop Jones in his first game in charge? (or one of his first few games in charge).

Sort of sums up his aptitude for football management.

• Backroom

From what I remember did Kean not drop Jones in his first game in charge? (or one of his first few games in charge).

Sort of sums up his aptitude for football management.

Jones was dropped for the West Ham game, which I believe was Kean's first game in charge.

He will be milking this result for the rest of the season, no doubt as we're drifting into the championship it'll be "we beat united at old Trafford"

Can't imagine how smug he will be in this interview.

I really want him gone, but today I take my hat off for Steve Kean. Clever move with 5 midfielders. That made a really differance today. Especially in the first half. And the second you could see that they really wanted this win. Good morale and outstanding workrate.

Henley has a brigt future.

Petrovic was amazing today

Hanley: Amazing

and thank you to De Gea :-)

Okay, I know a lot of you hate Steve Kean, but we've to give him credit for today's game.

That was an amazing result, enough said. Credit to Yakubu, Grant Hanley, ALL the players and Kean, and we applaud them for today's excellent performance. Let's hope we can keep this up at Stoke on Monday.

Not saying Kean is the right man for the job, but he did a good job today.

I really want him gone, but today I take my hat off for Steve Kean. Clever move with 5 midfielders. That made a really differance today. Especially in the first half. And the second you could see that they really wanted this win. Good morale and outstanding workrate.

Henley has a brigt future.

Petrovic was amazing today

Hanley: Amazing

and thank you to De Gea :-)

Wouldn't say that Petrovic was amazing - but for the first time he looked Premiership quality.

Henley and Hanley have been the two big plus points. Henley isn't perfect defensively - but adds much needed pace. Hanley is finally starting to show why people raved about him when he was coming through the ranks.

Here's an horrific thought.

If Kean were to keep us up somehow on last chance Sunday, we'll have to go through all of this again next season.

If he fails, we are probably going to go into administration and have a -10 point deduction to start the season in the Championship - assuming we are still solvent.

Happy New Year everyone.

Noticed a sllight change of tone in his post match interview, not as cocky as usual (following a rare win)

"desperate for wins"

"No good today if we don't build on it in our next game against Stoke"

Maybe in tightening the purse strings they inadvertently slackened Kean's strings...

Archived