BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Apparently players are too excited to join us

He said: “We will be talking about areas where we want to strengthen but we won’t mention any names or figures to the press, we will just get on with it.

“I think we should be doing it that way because in the past names got out – not through our end – but maybe through the players being so excited about coming to Blackburn Rovers and when they don’t materialise it ends up being a negative feel rather than being close on a number of occasions.

Is he doing this on purpose to wind us up?

Think about the kind of player who would be excited to join Blackburn Rovers?

Championship Reserve team players

SPL or below

League One or Below

Foreign club players outside domestic top flight

Has-beens, never-beens, never-will-be-s

SEM clients

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe I've just heard Shearer say on 5live how terribly treated Kean as been by the fans and he's doing a good job... I despair, what ever happens from now on the world will feel sorry for this clown and it'll all be the fault of the fans

Its bizarre but often the situation. History tends to show support for managers before they are potted. However, I would have hoped to hear more from the fans perspective; 'you also have to feel for the fans'.

If he is potted it will be pressure that brought it about. If we go down whilst seeing it obvious that he will not go and thus 'get behind the team' they surely cannot turn this period of negativity into the deciding factor, or can they?

Can we legitimately approach the bbc so as to communicate the fans perspective at this stage in simple football terms; 'look at his record over 12 months thus far, can you blame the fans for losing patience?' Hansen and Dixon surely must be able to grasp this. Especially the goals conceded point notwithstanding any perceived issues with the squad and / or owners.

Can't believe I've just heard Shearer say on 5live how terribly treated Kean as been by the fans and he's doing a good job... I despair, what ever happens from now on the world will feel sorry for this clown and it'll all be the fault of the fans

Thats how its going to unfold.

We will (of course) get relegated, and the fans will get the blame.

"They never gave Kean a chance"

"The lack of support to the team contributed to relegation"

I can already imagine all that cr@p!

For months now I have prepared myself for relegation, its going to be very hard, but I hope it will see the club rid of the horrible Venky-people and that pathetic clown Steve Kean.

Look at it from a business perspective, why would you invest money into the club knowing you would not get it back?

They made a mistake buying it but now are going to cut their losses, which means sales, wages being cut etc. This is exactly what I expect to see from ruthless business people, what a shame they bought our club.

On Kean what's the pointing wanting him out because he isn't getting sacked and no manager with a brain is coming near us, the end is near.

It doesn't matter now Bestie, we've gone beyond that now.

If by some miracle we survive, Kean will be manager of the year, of that I'm certain.

If we, as expected, get relegated, it will be spun by Kean, and by extension the media, as the fans turning against him at a crucial point of the season.

If booing Kean and Venkys was right before, it's even more right now - they're still here!

The fans have NOTHING to lose now because we've already lost. Someone said earlier booing Kean, if nothing else, makes them feel better, well that's good enough for me too. We are not, do not, and will not support him, and every rent-a-gob (with apologies to Majiball) who the media drag out to turn the pressure on the fans and away from him, can just (Please don't use that word again) off.

This is our club, not theirs, not Kean's, not even Venkys', it's ours. Let's not stop remaining them of that.

It's uncomprehensible that anyone could possibly say, or think Kean is going a good job without trolling.

Shearer is clearly still upset about the fans giving him grief when he came back.

As for Kean staying on, there can be only one logical reason and that's because Venkys want us to go down. Why get rid of someone who is helping you achieve your goal? The longer he stays on, the more obvious this becomes. (Please don't use that word again) you venkys, just (Please don't use that word again) you.

Look at it from a business perspective, why would you invest money into the club knowing you would not get it back?

They made a mistake buying it but now are going to cut their losses, which means sales, wages being cut etc. This is exactly what I expect to see from ruthless business people, what a shame they bought our club.

On Kean what's the pointing wanting him out because he isn't getting sacked and no manager with a brain is coming near us, the end is near.

A Manager without a brain would probably be better than kean. at least he wouldn't spout the rubbish Kean does or would have an excuse for it. Whatever happens, I want kean gone. I don't care if we're scraping about in the bottom of the Conference North I still want him gone and will not begin to be satisfied until he is. And I wanted to give him a chance - one he used up fairly quickly I might add.

Why does the idiot Kean 'back' the owners Kamy? The end is in sight, we're nigh on down and yet he still claims we'll stay up and four players will be coming in.

How do they gain from our impending doom? Fire sale and parachute payments - along with the fact that everyone now knows Venkys name? Is that it? It looks that way. It's incredible.

Why don't they just put the club up for sale? Or are they really just stupid and can't even agree on that either?

Nah, its vindictive destruction. They'll come out of this just fine.

She who must be obeyed in Pune ain't listening either way. They're not even pretending to show they care anymore. Not a single sound bite recently, no 'we know what we have to do' - which obviously meant hide like the cowards they are. They give their country a bad name to say the least.

Kean won't be arsed, he's already been painted as the victim doing a marvellous job in the face of a hostile crowd.

Now, as players are sold, he'll be seen as doing his best in spite of tough budget cutbacks, his record won't even be mentioned.

'I mean, with those fans and those owners, what chance did he have? Looks a decent manager and a top bloke to me'.

I never would have thought there would be such a naive group of idiots like Venkys. They didn't research the club properly before buying and got dicked around by Jerome Anderson who has most likely made huge amounts of profits whether it be through agent fees, advising fees, and finding a club for his imbecile son(Not Kean the other one).

Now they don't want to invest any money- then why didn't they sell the club when the opportunity presented itself? Why aren't they actively trying to offload the club? Why did they give Kean an improved deal?

Something doesn't add up- Maybe I'm thinking about this too logically- but something just doesn't add up...

And people wanted that muppet to replace Kean.

Stone the crows.

It's time to start the legal battle.

Attention has to be turned fully on Venky's and the Premier League and away from fan protests and Kean's dismal record. I think any further press releases by Glen, Simon, Wayne Wild etc have to be aimed solely at the removal of Venky's and the failure of the Premier League's fit and proper test.

Where do we begin?

It's time to start the legal battle.

Attention has to be turned fully on Venky's and the Premier League and away from fan protests and Kean's dismal record. I think any further press releases by Glen, Simon, Wayne Wild etc have to be aimed solely at the removal of Venky's and the failure of the Premier League's fit and proper test.

Where do we begin?

Who are "we" ? If you mean the fans can I ask how we will be able to afford extortionate lawyers' fees ?

If the PL can wave through the dodgy previous owners of Portsmouth, Man City et al they won't have any worries over some chicken farmers from India.

The PL might get involved if / when Rovers are relegated and Venky's decide to cut and run by selling off all the assets and the club goes out of business but at this point legally I cannot see any way ahead.

It's a case of fighting them on the beaches I'm afraid either through constant, loud and vociferous protest or embarrass them worldwide on TV with pitch protests.

The PL might get involved if / when Rovers are relegated and Venky's decide to cut and run by selling off all the assets and the club goes out of business but at this point legally I cannot see any way ahead.

Jim, why would the PL get involved if we were no longer in teh PL???

The Premier League will only be too pleased to see us relegated Jim. At that point we are no longer their problem and they can simply wash their hands of us. I'm sure the Football League are dreading us dropping down as they will no doubt be left to sort out the mess if the worst happens.

The worst part is, it just takes one decision, from a woman who sits in a nice house in Pune, to change the whole atmosphere and get the fans back focussing solely on getting behind the team.

At this stage, forget about the new manager, just potting Kean will be a sign of progress. Stick a senior player in charge til the end of the season and spend the Summer finding the right man for the division we end up in.

The rest of the problems might not go away but right now, I'd sacrifice the January transfer window and all it's misery for Kean's (unearned) compo.

To any sane person that would seem the obvious choice to try and right the present wrong but Mrs Desai,the woman who admits to being more of a Cricket fan and knows little about football,suddenly appears to be an expert on the matter.She appears to ignore the majority screaming at her to make change....

Its sickening and embarrassing and its going to lead to our clubs collapse very soon,while the poor fans helpless and marginalised,can only watch this car crash with head in hands :(

Absolutely disgusting,even former players are taking the p1ss out of the fans now...a new low in this utter shambles.

• Backroom

Shearer's isn't taking the ######, he's just thick. You only have to watch MOTD for ten minutes to see that. I'd expect stupid comments from him ("you don't become a bad manager overnight") ... I've been more disappointed in certain other pundits & ex-pros who have really shown themselves up in attempting to comment on our situation.

Probably clutching at straws but wasn't there a clause in the contract for venkys purchase of the club that stated a minimum of £5million had to be invested in the first 5 transfer windows? If they don't adhere to this can we not give the club back to walkers (dream land)

Also Andy Jonson for 2 mill on 50k a week is ridiculas. Billy sharp is available for 1.85mil. Much better value and he can score goals in the championship which is what we need for next season

Legal action and Premier League to get involved.....against whom and why. Venky's "super" plan hasn't worked and has failed simple. The decision they seem to have taken is to not pump any of their money into the club and let the club run itself through player sales and reducing wage bills.

Once the prized players have gone it looks like without investment the club is going to have to find its level whether that be the Championship or League One. Unless some buyers can be found or the banks open up the purse strings it looks like this is the way it's going to be. I'm NOT sticking up for the Venky's, they are a right set of HUNTS but the Premier League are only going to see a club thats reducing wage bills and selling players to survive rather than saddle the club with more bank debt.

Article earlier in the year, sums it all up

Mrs Desai said she remained impressed by the job that Kean is doing for Rovers and she played down the future role at the club of Mr Anderson, whose SEM/Kentaro group brokered the takeover deal.

On Steve Kean, she said: "The manager is very good. When my brothers first met him they realised that the more you spend time with him the more impressive he becomes.

"He is a thinking manager and we are very impressed with him and we are confident going forward."

Who has officially declared that no extra money will be found?

Just asking.

When do you ever get an "official" statement on money or transfer arrangements?

It would be crazy for any club to do that, as they would get ripped off or open to criticism from their fans.

Archived