BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wind your bloody neck in. I was only looking for some clarification on some bits I missed. Remember, you live and breathe it up there. Your workmates, the local press, local tv news etc. Bit out of the loop down here. I still agree on the pack mentality though. In fact you`ve helped prove it. I wasn`t even sticking up for the guy but it still riled you that I was not immediately on your wave length even though I clearly stated I want the guy out.

Personaly I'm sick of posts which start off-----"Of course I want Kean out BUT............" and then go on to suggest the opposite, heap criticism on Rovers fans and attack members on here for "only allowing one point of view".

Because you live in another part of the country does not put you "out of the loop". We live in an internet age for God's sake and there's enough info on here alone, with links to other sites, blogs, articles to keep anyone informed if they want to be.

I would like someone to provide me with a quote or transcript from court that states " rovers fans spiked my drinks "

I have googled this on many occasions ( internet age and all that 47er ) and so far I have only found that he was bought a bottle of beer that he claimed was left unattended on 2 occasions in a pub full of Rover fans, Utd fans and other fans watching FA cup highlights.

Kean is infuriating with the spin he puts on things. Would be ironic if some fans are doing the same thing.

Bullshit. Where did I suggest the opposite?

And you come live down here for 6 months and tell me you are as informed.

I'm talking generically of the sort of post that gets on my wick. You don't have to subscribe to every characteristic---just most of them.

I should have included demanding "proof" of every assertion------a criterion that certainly doesn't seem to apply to Kean or Venkys.

Alan, read this. It's not a transcript as you'd like but it does contain direct quotes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2026273/Driving-ban-Premier-League-manager-Steve-Kean-claimed-drink-spiked.html

A simple google search with a few obvious key words brought up many similar pieces.

If you don't take Kean's comments as insinuation that he is trying to implicate fans, then there is nothing more to say on the matter.

I appreciate the link but I`ve seen this article in numerous formats stating a pub was packed with fans of Rovers, Utd and other teams watching FA cup highlights.

Where does it state that Kean blames Rovers fans?

I had this discussion ( heated ) the other night with a friend. He thinks Kean is an idiot for claiming his drink was spiked but then cornered me by reminding me that I had told him Kean blamed Rovers fans which isn`t exactly the case? Or is it? Which is why I asked in the 1st place.

But you weren't just looking for clarification on some bits you had missed, you said there seems to be a pack mentality. Pack mentality suggests that people are just blindly following the herd.

That's a tad unfair considering Kean's poor record and some of the lies he's come out with in the press. 500 letters of support a day, telling the none-protesters to have a word with the protesters, lying in court that his drink got spiked when he was celebrating with fans. Is there any real need to look for excuses at this stage? If Kean was at any club he would be disliked.

No it doesn't!

It suggests people are working together using guile and cunning to land their prey - quite different from blindly roaming the Serengeti with the rest of the herd.

I quite like Steve Kean.

Kean out!

No it doesn't!

It suggests people are working together using guile and cunning to land their prey - quite different from blindly roaming the Serengeti with the rest of the herd.

I quite like Steve Kean.

Kean out!

Taken vastly out of context I'd suggest!

The fact is we've had so much lies, deception and spin why over-focus on one particular aspect like his drink-driving defence? Magistrate quite clearly thought he'd lied under oath so he isn't to be trusted. Logical?

Too much else has happened for most fans to forgive him---ever.

Tony-----it doesn't begin and end with events on the field. Even if we were top how could you actually like him? What's to like? I could accept that you support his managership (though I'd thoroughly disagree with you on that) but like him?

I appreciate the link but I`ve seen this article in numerous formats stating a pub was packed with fans of Rovers, Utd and other teams watching FA cup highlights.

Where does it state that Kean blames Rovers fans?

I had this discussion ( heated ) the other night with a friend. He thinks Kean is an idiot for claiming his drink was spiked but then cornered me by reminding me that I had told him Kean blamed Rovers fans which isn`t exactly the case? Or is it? Which is why I asked in the 1st place.

Stop being deliberately obtuse.

If Kean suggested his drink was spiked in the pub, then he's incriminating the Rovers fans that were present that day. All of which was thrown out of court because he's a lying toad.

Stop being deliberately obtuse.

If Kean suggested his drink was spiked in the pub, then he's incriminating the Rovers fans that were present that day. All of which was thrown out of court because he's a lying toad.

And that is being selective. He did not blame Rovers fans did he. His lawyer blamed anyone present on the premises at the time. There is a huge difference.

I wonder if utd fans thinks they are being blamed.

Seems I was right to ask the question. Seems Kean did not directly accuse Rovers fans in the pub at the time but that it was a desperate attempt by his solicitor to blame anyone in the vicinity to get his client off.

People have stated as fact on this MB that Kean blamed Rovers fans. Not quite the whole truth is it?

And that is being selective. He did not blame Rovers fans did he. His lawyer blamed anyone present on the premises at the time. There is a huge difference.

I wonder if utd fans thinks they are being blamed.

Seems I was right to ask the question. Seems Kean did not directly accuse Rovers fans in the pub at the time but that it was a desperate attempt by his solicitor to blame anyone in the vicinity to get his client off.

People have stated as fact on this MB that Kean blamed Rovers fans. Not quite the whole truth is it?

Oh, I see, you're taking the high-ground over the fact Kean didn't outright accuse Rovers fans of spiking his drink but incriminated them all the same. It was all his awful solicitor's idea and Kean had no say in this whatsoever and was unable of fessing up to his crime.

Dude, what are you actually getting out of this?

I have been arguing the toss with friends stating that Kean blamed our fans for spiking his drink.

He didn`t

His solicitor blamed anyone in the pub. Could be a Rovers fan, a Utd fan, an Evertonian, an egg chaser or one man and his dog. But Kean, lying toad that he is did not issue a statement blaming Rovers fans.

What am I getting out of this?

The facts apparently.

I have been arguing the toss with friends stating that Kean blamed our fans for spiking his drink.

He didn`t

His solicitor blamed anyone in the pub. Could be a Rovers fan, a Utd fan, an Evertonian, an egg chaser or one man and his dog. But Kean, lying toad that he is did not issue a statement blaming Rovers fans.

What am I getting out of this?

The facts apparently.

The fact: Kean incriminated his own club's fans during his drink-driving charge.

Yes or No?

What I have to do, is go back to mate and tell him that Kean did not blame Rovers fans directly as suggested on here.

His solicitor blamed someone in the pub and that there was Rovers fans in the pub at the time.

So yes, they were incriminated but not in the clear cut way described by many on this MB

You could read it as a dig at Utd fans if you so wished.

Oh, I see, you're taking the high-ground over the fact Kean didn't outright accuse Rovers fans of spiking his drink but incriminated them all the same. It was all his awful solicitor's idea and Kean had no say in this whatsoever and was unable of fessing up to his crime.

Dude, what are you actually getting out of this?

It was an awful defence to maintain.

"I only had one or two! Honest guv. Someone must have laced me drink!"

I have also been advised that there was no direct accusation against Rovers fans specifically.

I still don't like the guy though.

What I have to do, is go back to mate and tell him that Kean did not blame Rovers fans directly as suggested on here.

His solicitor blamed someone in the pub and that there was Rovers fans in the pub at the time.

So yes, they were incriminated but not in the clear cut way described by many on this MB

Kean had no qualms about blaming innocent folk (including those of his own employers) for his crime. That obviously gives you some satisfaction. Have fun at the pub, I'm sure you'll be the only one who gives a rat's ass.

They weren't incriminated. It was inferred as a possibility.

It was an awful defence to maintain.

Agreed

"I only had one or two! Honest guv. Someone must have laced me drink!"

Agreed

I have also been advised that there was no direct accusation against Rovers fans specifically.

Thats all I`ve been trying to find out!

I still don't like the guy though.

More than agreed

Kean had no qualms about blaming innocent folk (including those of his own employers) for his crime. That obviously gives you some satisfaction. Have fun at the pub, I'm sure you'll be the only one who gives a rat's ass.

Why is it that by asking if Kean directly accused our fans that you choose to respond in such a way. i`ve made it clear I don`t like the guy and want him out. I`m after facts to back up my arguments against non Rover fans.

Look you want some facts here you go:

1) Kean is the worst manager in the leaague (evidence, look at his record)

2) Kean regularly lies to the fans + media (evidence, just watch any interview he has ever done)

3) Kean has nothing but distain for the fans (evidence, previous point)

4) Kean is heavily involved with the joke that is the day to day runnings of the club (evidence, he has said so!)

Kean is not worth it guys. He wants the fanbase up in arms, this is the crap that gets him going. This has been apparent for months, "500 letters a day, there will be a protest against the protests.....etc".

Words fail me with how much I hate him for what he has done and that I believe he has engineered much of the crap.

Archived