BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is it that by asking if Kean directly accused our fans that you choose to respond in such a way. i`ve made it clear I don`t like the guy and want him out. I`m after facts to back up my arguments against non Rover fans.

Next you'll be wanting to correct them on how units Kean drunk that night.

That shows how pointless your 'argument' is. Kean didn't directly blame Rovers fans, no, but he might as well have.

Next you'll be wanting to correct them on how units Kean drunk that night.

No idea what you are talking about now

That shows how pointless your 'argument' is. Kean didn't directly blame Rovers fans, no, but he might as well have.

My argument is pointless and yet it would seem I have established that Kean did not directly accuse Rovers fans of spiking his drink.

I didn`t even want an argument. I wanted to go back to my Spurs mate and tell him that I`d checked, and that Kean had indeed said Rovers fans spiked his drink. I can`t now can I.

I didn`t put the incorrect information on here. I `ve just sought to get to the bottom of it. Seems unless Kean is to blame, some people aren`t happy.

Can I remind folk I am not sticking up for the guy. He lied about his drink driving amongst many other things. I want him out but there is no harm in me asking how these stories originated after they have been somewhat embelished.

Next question. Cardiff.

So we forfeitted the game. Does anyone actually beleive that or a stupid choice of words?

My argument is pointless and yet it would seem I have established that Kean did not directly accuse Rovers fans of spiking his drink.

I didn`t even want an argument. I wanted to go back to my Spurs mate and tell him that I`d checked, and that Kean had indeed said Rovers fans spiked his drink. I can`t now can I.

I didn`t put the incorrect information on here. I `ve just sought to get to the bottom of it. Seems unless Kean is to blame, some people aren`t happy.

Can I remind folk I am not sticking up for the guy. He lied about his drink driving amongst many other things. I want him out but there is no harm in me asking how these stories originated after they have been somewhat embelished.

Next question. Cardiff.

So we forfeitted the game. Does anyone actually beleive that or a stupid choice of words?

If I recollect correctly he used the word forfeited but in a context that could have meant two things. Either setting out to deliberately forfeit the game or having forfeited opportunity by reason of our performance. My suggestion would be the latter but that having stemmed from his poor selection.

Look Topman. You just don`t get it do you. I am down here in Gloucestershire arguing the toss on the fans behalf, infuriated with the ignorance shown by other fans who just listen to Lineker on MOTD. But I look a bit stupid when I tell them something and it turns out that its not quite the truth it was embelished to be. Thats why I posted my original questions in the 1st place. Seems to me it was just aswell.

I don`t like Kean. I don`t like him personally or professionally but if he was doing a good job I would leave the personal stuff aside.

Why you are taking my line of questioning to personally when I want Kean out and just want some facts to back up my arguments is beyond me but I repeat, it would appear Kean did not blame Rovers fans, that would have meant singling out a certain percentage of people in the pub. His solicitor suggested someone in that pub may have spike the drink.

Wait... So who is to blame here?

It depends upon that which you are referring to. The mess at Rovers? Kean and Venkys. The isolation of six chipmonks upon a volcanic island? Alvin. The inference that his drink may have been spiked? Kean. The inference that Blackburn fans may have done so? We cannot say. The press were keen to run it though.

This is what I told my mate...

" Kean told the court that a Blackburn Rovers fan spiked his drink " ( as suggested on here )

Not true is it?

I should have told him ( now the facts are out )

" Kean told the court his drink must have been spiked by someone in the pub "

There were Rovers fans there so are included in his lie but not exclusively.

I was wrong to say what I did and will be a lot more careful what I beleive on here.

" Kean told the court that a Blackburn Rovers fan spiked his drink " ( as suggested on here )

Not true is it?

I was wrong to say what I did and will be a lot more careful what I beleive on here.

Although you can return to your pal with the fact that Kean chose to run a defence of spiked drink aware that Rovers fans were present and thus should have realised the potential inference of the same. Not the wisest defence in many respects.

Look Topman. You just don`t get it do you. I am down here in Gloucestershire arguing the toss on the fans behalf, infuriated with the ignorance shown by other fans who just listen to Lineker on MOTD. But I look a bit stupid when I tell them something and it turns out that its not quite the truth it was embelished to be. Thats why I posted my original questions in the 1st place. Seems to me it was just aswell.

I don`t like Kean. I don`t like him personally or professionally but if he was doing a good job I would leave the personal stuff aside.

Why you are taking my line of questioning to personally when I want Kean out and just want some facts to back up my arguments is beyond me but I repeat, it would appear Kean did not blame Rovers fans, that would have meant singling out a certain percentage of people in the pub. His solicitor suggested someone in that pub may have spike the drink.

For what it's worth, I'm staggered that anybody could fail to understand what you've been saying here.

I have also been advised that there was no direct accusation against Rovers fans specifically.

I still don't like the guy though.

Kean claimed someone spiked his drink. The court did not believe him, despite a fair trial and the evidentiary burden placed on the prosecution. Ergo, it is more likely than not that Kean is a liar.

Kean claims his drink was spiked when he was being congratulated by fans and signing autographs. It is unlikely that a ManU fan would be congratulating Kean or requesting his autograph. Kean placed his drink down while signing these autographs, presumably in the presence of Rovers fans. It is also unlikely that a ManU fan would have any motivation to spike Kean's drink but, conversely, there has been a well known cadre of Rovers fans who want Kean out. Ergo, it is more likely than not that Kean was impliedly accusing a Rover fan.

Is the above certain to metaphysical certainty? No. Nothing is. But it is most likely, most logical, that Kean was implying that a Rovers fan spiked his drink and, even if he wasn't, he's still a person who will lie under oath, if the Judge's verdict is given any credence.

Kean claimed someone spiked his drink. The court did not believe him, despite a fair trial and the evidentiary burden placed on the prosecution. Ergo, it is more likely than not that Kean is a liar.

Kean claims his drink was spiked when he was being congratulated by fans and signing autographs. It is unlikely that a ManU fan would be congratulating Kean or requesting his autograph. Kean placed his drink down while signing these autographs, presumably in the presence of Rovers fans. It is also unlikely that a ManU fan would have any motivation to spike Kean's drink but, conversely, there has been a well known cadre of Rovers fans who want Kean out. Ergo, it is more likely than not that Kean was impliedly accusing a Rover fan.

Is the above certain to metaphysical certainty? No. Nothing is. But it is most likely, most logical, that Kean was implying that a Rovers fan spiked his drink and, even if he wasn't, he's still a person who will lie under oath, if the Judge's verdict is given any credence.

Exactly right Steve. Alan, if your mates can't see your point on this and need to have specific word-for-word transcripts of every discussion point involving why Rovers fans want Kean out and why he is so disliked, I think you need some new friends. They clearly don't trust you.

Sounds like they have already decided that Kean is a blameless, dignified character and that Rovers fans are monsters. Do they work in the media, or just believe every word of journalistic sympathy and propaganda? Yet dismiss as unreasonable any attempt by Rovers fans to use direct comments pieced together IN CONTEXT and used as evidence of his contempt (for the police, for the court, for fans).

Well, they are going to love the latest piece of ###### by your namesake, who has clearly gone native - I wouldn't be surprised if Alex Salmond states sometime soon that "the idea for Scottish independence came directly from Rovers fans' disgusting abuse of Kean".

"Attempted coup" by "senior staff" apparently. Very telling the he doesn't use the term "board" - which would be far too respectful - who are perfectly entitled, nay expected, to make such recommendations to Venkys. Just who the hell does Kean, or his media cheerleaders think he is? Some kind of tsar?

Still as long as Spurs fans thing he's a proper fella then all is well. Maybe they could write to 'arry and see if they can get him in the coaching staff. Or maybe write 500 letters a day to Kean directly about the great job he's doing. But that is completely unrealistic, isn't it?

'under-fire Scot saw his under-strength team draw at Liverpool and then pull off a remarkable win at Manchester United to stick two fingers up to doubters inside the club.'

Aye, don't the doubters look stupid now! :rolleyes:

Karen silk to slash wages ..that meane expect departures despite what Kean says..oh BTW we are in the bottom 3

So there is someone at Ewood more powerful than Kean?

When our finances balance (income v expenditure) we'll be in League One.

Sky money meant we could probably fund relegation battles season after season.

The trouble with that scenario is you need a manager who can get those results. What a shame Venkys sacked the best exponent.

The alternative is to buy low and sell high to make money for the club. What a shame that Venkys strategy was to allow that money to be handed to agents.

We used to manage both if these things with the reluctant Trust in charge by having the right people in charge. What a shame that Venkys couldn't form a working relationship with the previous board members - who know more about football than the Raos will ever know.

So we end up back at the start. Do we want top flight football? If we were relegated, wouldn't we all want to aim for promotion? Isn't that the ambition of every football league club? It might take some longer than others to achieve and some may never achieve but surely that's the aim?

To be fair, a Utd fan could have been nearby. Motivation? Pure devilment?

The inference to be drawn was all too easy to spot however.

Come to think of it, Kean has perhaps had a chip on his shoulder whilst trying to look over it from day one. He does seem to have been very quick to make comments that appear to be a swipe at fans. He does appear as though in need of lowering a peg or two. I would like to meet him face to face so as to seek to better gauge my opinion.

I wonder who are the Senior memebers of staff at rovers who wanted Kean to be sack???

was it Vinny Rao, or Paul Hunt or Simon Hunt or all 3????????

I thought it was the head of Ewood car parking and chief pot-wash in Blues.

Wasn't this common knowledge a few weeks ago - the board rallying together to push the 'Kean out' point to the owners?

I know it was discussed on here - no idea why Nixon thinks it's an exclusive story weeks after the event.

Sadly Desai is both clueless and stubborn, so we're still waiting for the bald idiot to be thrown out.

Karen silk to slash wages ..that meane expect departures despite what Kean says..oh BTW we are in the bottom 3

Pity she didn't take action before the Wigan game and advised Desai not to give Kean his £1M a year pay rise.

Not true is it?

Okay Steve Kean said he had been spiked by someone in a pub full of Rovers fans, Man Utd fans, his childhood friend and a Jack Russell.

The court ruled it was a lie.

His record is awful, he's tried to incite the fanbase, isn't that enough for your Spurs supporting mate.

If he gives you any grief just ask him if he'd like to see Kean in sole charge of Spurs. Usually shuts opposition fans up.

Wasn't this common knowledge a few weeks ago - the board rallying together to push the 'Kean out' point to the owners?

I know it was discussed on here - no idea why Nixon thinks it's an exclusive story weeks after the event.

Sadly Desai is both clueless and stubborn, so we're still waiting for the bald idiot to be thrown out.

This "exclusive" story was in the Times newspaper back in December.

Notice old Nicko still trying to defend his gems in Coyle and Kean - his judgement is almost as bad as the Rao family.

Kean has done well recent and obviously results have picked up, however we are still in the relegation zone and a better manager, IMO, would have us sitting more comfortably in the league.

Okay Steve Kean said he had been spiked by someone in a pub full of Rovers fans, Man Utd fans, his childhood friend and a Jack Russell.

The court ruled it was a lie.

His record is awful, he's tried to incite the fanbase, isn't that enough for your Spurs supporting mate.

If he gives you any grief just ask him if he'd like to see Kean in sole charge of Spurs. Usually shuts opposition fans up.

Also that he was seen still drinking @ Huntley's on the A59 after being in Whalley (allegedly) ;)

For what it's worth, I'm staggered that anybody could fail to understand what you've been saying here.

I'm staggered that you think you can understand him but others can't. I understand him alright---he's a troll.

Now he's nit-picked the drink-driving theme to death (it wasn't Kean's fault,it was his solicitor!) he wants to start anther one---whether Kean meant he'd forfeited the game at Cardiff or not!

Just for his mates info of course! :wacko:

I'm staggered that you think you can understand him but others can't. I understand him alright---he's a troll.

Now he's nit-picked the drink-driving theme to death (it wasn't Kean's fault,it was his solicitor!) he wants to start anther one---whether Kean meant he'd forfeited the game at Cardiff or not!

Just for his mates info of course! :wacko:

I'm not sure he's trolling but I agree he is being a little obtuse and to move on to the forfeit thing is naughty. Everyone knows it was an excuse after losing a match. But he keeps on making the same mistakes.

Kean has gone beyond the point where he can have the benefit of the doubt and whilst I can't speak for any other Rovers fan, I will never back him. I made the mistake after the Liverpool home game (last season) of thinking maybe he could be good for the club but that evaporated very soon afterwards.

Archived