BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

He could win 100 in a row and I will still hate him

He could win 5 in a row and he will start to take on god like status to me.

I have a tremendous dislike for old Whisky nose, but would welcome him with open arms a Rovers if he brought a tenth of the success he has had at Utd.

What I am saying is it's all about results.

So here's to Steve 'God' Kean.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, first of all I voted Kean out. I still want him out. We need an experienced manager backed up by an experienced team.

However, living a way down yonder I`m out of the loop a bit. I haven`t yet grasped the pure hatrid for Kean.

I`ve read he got Sam the boot. Did he? Is he that influential? And what about the entire Rovers board? surely not all Kean aswell?

I`ve read he blamed fans for his drink driving. Did he? And in what context?

The Cardiff " forfeit " comment was a poor choice of words in my opinion rather than a blatant admittance of losing on purpose. Bit of an over reaction there I say.

There seems to be an exponential pack mentality against him because he is smug on camera.

He is obviously working under ridiculous conditions. Nobody else stuck around did they?

Has it occured to anyone when Kean states " I hope the fans understand what we are trying to achieve here " ( which we all know he says all of the time ) is possibly his way of saying " you try working for these bloody idiots "

I`m just throwing ideas out there. Could you honestly expect Hughes to return to conduct meetings in Pune!

Just loooking for some facts rather than the emotional stuff we all spout during a bad spell.

Ok, first of all I voted Kean out. I still want him out. We need an experienced manager backed up by an experienced team.

However, living a way down yonder I`m out of the loop a bit. I haven`t yet grasped the pure hatrid for Kean.

I`ve read he got Sam the boot. Did he? Is he that influential? And what about the entire Rovers board? surely not all Kean aswell? I'd say his agent probably got Sam the boot more than SK. However Venkys decided he was their top man according to rumours all year confirmed in the independent report. Everything points to Kean being the most powerful man at Ewood.

I`ve read he blamed fans for his drink driving. Did he? And in what context? He said the pub was full of Rovers fans and his defence in court was that his drink had been spiked in the pub.

The Cardiff " forfeit " comment was a poor choice of words in my opinion rather than a blatant admittance of losing on purpose. Bit of an over reaction there I say. Maybe but team selection threw away a great chance of reaching a semi-final. 24 hours before the game he was saying the cup was still a major priority. After the game it was secondary to the league game (despite the fact he said "We will not be relegated".

There seems to be an exponential pack mentality against him because he is smug on camera. No, he lies on camera. All his comments are aimed at Venkys directly or to the media to get them on his side. He has lied about his contract, new player signings, Hoillet, injuries and the reason for not picking senior players.

He is obviously working under ridiculous conditions. Nobody else stuck around did they? Most of the board didnt stick around because they could see that giving Steve Kean all power at Ewood was madness.

Has it occured to anyone when Kean states " I hope the fans understand what we are trying to achieve here " ( which we all know he says all of the time ) is possibly his way of saying " you try working for these bloody idiots "

I`m just throwing ideas out there. Could you honestly expect Hughes to return to conduct meetings in Pune! Do you honestly think Steve Kean, a journeyman coach 12 months ago, is going to be bothered that once a month he has to travel to Pune. He is now earning a fortune doing his 'dream job' whilst gradually ruining the team on the pitch. Everyone can see the lack of managerial structure from board room down is affecting Rovers. However, as Kean slowly benefits, I bet he has not once complain the Venkys.

Just loooking for some facts rather than the emotional stuff we all spout during a bad spell.

Plenty of facts around Alan. You seem to be choosing not to believe them.

Woh Woh WOh........nothing to do with not beleiving them. Just hadn`t heard them. Especially not the one about the fans in the pub.

You`ve also stated his agent got Sam the boot yet state factually Kean is the most powerful man at Ewood. Thats just an opinion. I was after facts.

You`ve sort of agreed with me about his foolish use of the word forfeit. Kean`s back tracking after the game was equally as foolish and showed his inexperience.

Remember we are on the same side. I have started my original post by stating I want him out yet when I ask what I think are a few valid questions I get told I am ignoring the facts!?! HAd a big argument with a good friend who thought we were out of order booing him.

Just want an unemotional view with the facts. Unfortunately you answered how I think most will

Like I said, Pack mentality.

Sorry Alan. Just didnt expect a long time poster on here not to know the answers to most of what you askec. Your original post was like the opinions of many non-rovers fans who i speak with at work who think we are out of order.

Just want an unemotional view with the facts. Unfortunately you answered how I think most will

His record alone means he shouldn't get any respect from fans, at any other club he would have been sacked last season. The fact he is a compulsive liar who on a weekly basis deliberately sets out to rile the fans certainly doesn't help his cause either.

Sorry Alan. Just didnt expect a long time poster on here not to know the answers to most of what you askec. Your original post was like the opinions of many non-rovers fans who i speak with at work who think we are out of order.

Hey no probs. I`ve been reading on here non stop since this nightmare began like everyone else.. I just can not fathom where the truth stops and the hysteria starts. I still don`t know what to believe.

Although we all still want him out, the shift in attention to the Venky`s from all of us and the media must suggest much darker forces at work than Kean.

Venky`s out or Kean out. If you pick just one who would it be? I know who I would choose.

There seems to be an exponential pack mentality against him because he is smug on camera.

He is obviously working under ridiculous conditions. Nobody else stuck around did they?

I`m just throwing ideas out there. Could you honestly expect Hughes to return to conduct meetings in Pune!

Woh Woh WOh........nothing to do with not beleiving them. Just hadn`t heard them. Especially not the one about the fans in the pub.

You`ve also stated his agent got Sam the boot yet state factually Kean is the most powerful man at Ewood. Thats just an opinion. I was after facts.

You`ve sort of agreed with me about his foolish use of the word forfeit. Kean`s back tracking after the game was equally as foolish and showed his inexperience.

Remember we are on the same side. I have started my original post by stating I want him out yet when I ask what I think are a few valid questions I get told I am ignoring the facts!?! HAd a big argument with a good friend who thought we were out of order booing him.

Just to clear up a couple of other facts in this case.

Allot of us got the impression Kean was the man in charge at Ewood.. this was confirmed with the letter from the three senior board members that clearly states Kean was bypassing the board, therfor if Kean is bypassing the board and going directly to Venkys he is factually the most powerful man at Ewood.

Mr Anderson also clearly stated in his interview that he put a list forward for the managers position, and that Venkys chose Kean (who happened to be his man), it actually sounded like he was blaming them for hiring him. Obviously as advisor to Venkys each candidate on the list would of had appropriate recommendations from Anderson, as such it does not take rocket science to work out which candidate got the best recommendation despite having no experience or track record. Kean was however very quick off the gun to build a relationship with Mrs D while working as caretaker manager, this obviously has proven instrumental in him both being made perminant and his long term position.

As for Pack mentality I hope those are poorly chosen words, it is not pack mentallity, it just happens allot of us have read allot of the FACTS in this case.

A HUGE proportion of blame falls on the head of Venkys, however Kean is also to blame being directly quoted as saying he will not quit if results continue to be poor shows what sort of person he is.. added to the I have 100% support from Venkys we are stuck with him for the forseable future.

One thing that many people overlook is Kean has to of agreed to take on such responsibility behind the backs of the now former board, the letter they sent clearly states he was bypassing them and shouldering the responsibility himself, this factually shows just how underhanded he can be. And hell if he is in charge of transfers, why the hell does he not according to his own quotes know just how much he has to spend, no wonder there are so many 'rumours' about how chaotic things are behind the scenes.

I dont know about anyone else but I have already quit one job in my career when the top level management tried to put to much onto me which was beyond the capabillity of a normal human being (interestingly also a foreign company) and I have had employees who have tried to take on too much responsibility.. so my honest opinion is it takes a bigger man to admit he is out of his depth and ask for help than try and do what he is doing.

Hey no probs. I`ve been reading on here non stop since this nightmare began like everyone else.. I just can not fathom where the truth stops and the hysteria starts. I still don`t know what to believe.

Although we all still want him out, the shift in attention to the Venky`s from all of us and the media must suggest much darker forces at work than Kean.

Venky`s out or Kean out. If you pick just one who would it be? I know who I would choose.

Its not hysteria the "truth is out there" you just have to look. I`m sure there is more to come yet and I dont think any of it will be good for Rovers supporters, but I will still follow (and support) them as long as they exist.

Have a read of some of the things Kean has said in interviews here :My link

And what the Venkys have promised here : My link

The letter mentioned earlier can be read here : My link

I've noticed that the new flavour of the month saying from Kean is referring to how young the team is.

Everything revolves found how young the team is.

Win against Fulham was excellent considering how young the team is.

Eric Black is the perfect appointment because he is good at working with the younger players.

Young players won't be phased playing at Goodison Park.

Zzzzzzz

Its not hysteria the "truth is out there" you just have to look. I`m sure there is more to come yet and I dont think any of it will be good for Rovers supporters, but I will still follow (and support) them as long as they exist.

Have a read of some of the things Kean has said in interviews here :My link

And what the Venkys have promised here : My link

The letter mentioned earlier can be read here : My link

Hysteria starts where there is no written evidence or first hand spoken evidence. Everything is filtered through our own moods, feelings etc so all reports get a slant on them according to circumstances. However, the letter from JW Finn and Goodman is hard evidence if it is genuine and I don't think it would be in the public domain uncontested if it weren't. There is enough evidence in there that Kean was involved in what went on, even if he did not know about it beforehand and plenty to suggest that he did. There are those here who have reported what was said to them by those who were present when it was said and presumably they have had to be very careful with their words. Yes, there has been some hysterical reporting of things that are supposed to have happened but most of that has either been quickly denied or removed from here. I think, considering the situation we appear to find ourselves in, we have all been remarkably restrained, and although some have run about screaming we're doomed like Dad's army, most have been concerned to get to the bottom of what was going on and have tried to understand before making up their own minds. I was all for giving the whole lot of them a chance, but have gradually moved from that position to a place where if they all disappeared into a black hole never to be seen or heard from again, I would not mind in the slightest. I don't bay for blood or boo at poor results, but I still want their poison out of my club asap.

I've noticed that the new flavour of the month saying from Kean is referring to how young the team is.

Everything revolves found how young the team is.

Win against Fulham was excellent considering how young the team is.

Eric Black is the perfect appointment because he is good at working with the younger players.

Young players won't be phased playing at Goodison Park.

Zzzzzzz

It's an excuse that's worked for Wenger for a long time now. Season after season of winning nothing has him constantly saying we are building for the future -- another way of saying you can see what we are trying to do. Not suggesting kean is anywhere near what Wenger is, but just that youth is a good excuse for winning nowt apparently

I`ve read he got Sam the boot. Did he? Is he that influential? And what about the entire Rovers board? surely not all Kean aswell?

I`ve read he blamed fans for his drink driving. Did he? And in what context?

The Cardiff " forfeit " comment was a poor choice of words in my opinion rather than a blatant admittance of losing on purpose. Bit of an over reaction there I say.

The only actual facts I can see are:

1) He is a very poor football manager as evidenced by results, multiple changes in formation, and not once has his substitutions changed a game in our favour

2) He never, ever, criticises the players. He also attracts all the fans' flak onto himself by saying ludicrous things.

3) He reports directly to Pune on everything. The infamous letter did actually allude to the transfers element of this at least being at Mrs Desai's initiative.

4) The owners put no money in for new players, but even so, the players he has brought in are mostly not good enough

All the rest is, imo, emotional froth that has no bearing on what really matters: results and strengthening the squad.

Pack mentality? Please excuse me humbly replying to those heightened brain cells you possess. I think however you will find that most us can think for ourselves.

Most of the queries you raise are totally irrelavent. Keans 'on field' record speaks for itself and he is clearly not qualified to run our club. It's a simple as that and over engineering reasons for the mass dislike is unneccessary. Taken in isolation, there are a number of valid reasons he should be removed. Grouped together it is a no brainer.

• Backroom

Staggering :

JasonRoberts30Jason Roberts

I am not avail for selection..the Training Crew is decent, Andrews.. Salgado..Samba..and yours truly! Young v Old games have been class

So those four players are being paid close to £200k a week to play in "young vs old" games in training?

Dear oh dear.

I`ve read he got Sam the boot. Did he? Is he that influential? And what about the entire Rovers board? surely not all Kean aswell? His agent, advising the club did so! Kean was in on it all, stood on camera saying we were searching for our new manager when all along he knew he was it!

I`ve read he blamed fans for his drink driving. Did he? And in what context? Yes he did, his defence was he was in a pub full of Rovers fans signing autographs and posing for pictures and he believed his bottle of budweiser could have been laced with Vodka at this point whilst distracted

The Cardiff " forfeit " comment was a poor choice of words in my opinion rather than a blatant admittance of losing on purpose. Bit of an over reaction there I say. Whilst agreeing, he should never have told the fans he intended to put a strong side and win the cup, to let them travel there for that drivel, then concede he had to do it - be honest and say you're going to? he must have known he was 24 hours before, but he chose to lie

There seems to be an exponential pack mentality against him because he is smug on camera. He is the worst manager in living memory, statistically! Yet he has guaranteed we will not got down and said we deserve to be in the top half, a couple of points short of that target, there is being smug on camera and there is blatantly talking to the fans like we are stupid. He is utterly delusional

He is obviously working under ridiculous conditions. Nobody else stuck around did they? Many board members have resigned because of the way the structure is now set up, the manager bypassing the board and reporting directly to the owners is leaving board members redundant. Lets remember who wanted to travel to India montly

Has it occured to anyone when Kean states " I hope the fans understand what we are trying to achieve here " ( which we all know he says all of the time ) is possibly his way of saying " you try working for these bloody idiots " no, it is just blatant lunacy from the manager, the manager who said you should not judge him on performances and points but judge him on the value of the squad which has increased during his tenure!

I`m just throwing ideas out there. Could you honestly expect Hughes to return to conduct meetings in Pune! Mark Hughes would not go to Pune monthly, Steve Kean requested the monthly meetings, he was not summonsed

Just loooking for some facts rather than the emotional stuff we all spout during a bad spell. The facts are in Steve Kean's record and the criminal quotes coming out of his mouth!

Pack mentality? Please excuse me humbly replying to those heightened brain cells you possess. I think however you will find that most us can think for ourselves.

Most of the queries you raise are totally irrelavent. Keans 'on field' record speaks for itself and he is clearly not qualified to run our club. It's a simple as that and over engineering reasons for the mass dislike is unneccessary. Taken in isolation, there are a number of valid reasons he should be removed. Grouped together it is a no brainer.

Oh wind your bloody neck in. I was only looking for some clarification on some bits I missed. Remember, you live and breathe it up there. Your workmates, the local press, local tv news etc. Bit out of the loop down here. I still agree on the pack mentality though. In fact you`ve helped prove it. I wasn`t even sticking up for the guy but it still riled you that I was not immediately on your wave length even though I clearly stated I want the guy out.

Kean has manipulated the press-he has made himself appear to be a victim rather than someone who was happy to sign a well paid contract . He has gone to the press as the Podcasts highlight making ridiculous claims about 500 letters a day of support etc . My worry is what will happen if we go down and Kean and Venky's remain and the damage this will do to the Club and the town itself.

Oh wind your bloody neck in. I was only looking for some clarification on some bits I missed. Remember, you live and breathe it up there. Your workmates, the local press, local tv news etc. Bit out of the loop down here. I still agree on the pack mentality though. In fact you`ve helped prove it. I wasn`t even sticking up for the guy but it still riled you that I was not immediately on your wave length even though I clearly stated I want the guy out.

But you weren't just looking for clarification on some bits you had missed, you said there seems to be a pack mentality. Pack mentality suggests that people are just blindly following the herd.

That's a tad unfair considering Kean's poor record and some of the lies he's come out with in the press. 500 letters of support a day, telling the none-protesters to have a word with the protesters, lying in court that his drink got spiked when he was celebrating with fans. Is there any real need to look for excuses at this stage? If Kean was at any club he would be disliked.

Archived