BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean is trying to introduce a whole new terminology to football, perhaps hoping that his bullsh1t will continue to baffle brains.

Apart from 'active bids', another one is his constant references to looking at the 'images' - why the feck he can't say simply screen or TV screen, only he knows !

It was actually one of his better interviews - if you watch/listen closely, he doesn't answer some of the questions directly.

I don't think for a minute that Jim didn't give Kean an insight into his line of questioning beforehand. Who knows, they maybe even had a practice run prior to the live thing, they seem so chummy.

Was a good interview. People (like philipl) who tediously drone about Kean having lost the dressing room along with other garbage propaganda with nothing to back it up need to stop. For me I'm in support of the guy now because it feels like things are starting to pick up (and have done since the United match). Yes, his record has been abysmal, but the rawness of what he's trying to achieve and the transition from Allardyce football might start shining through soon.

It's astonishing how easily people are swayed by a couple of half-decent results. I don't know... Is it a self-defence mechanism or something? I can't beat him so I may as well join him? You're only going to look stupid in the long run.

It's astonishing how easily people are swayed by a couple of half-decent results. I don't know... Is it a self-defence mechanism or something? I can't beat him so I may as well join him? You're only going to look stupid in the long run.

It's his opinion, nice to see you're Mystic Meg too, seriously we dont have a crystal ball to see into the future and he is not getting sacked, the players are with them so who knows with players fit and a decent number 2 results may continue as they have in the last 4.

It's his opinion, nice to see you're Mystic Meg too, seriously we dont have a crystal ball to see into the future and he is not getting sacked, the players are with them so who knows with players fit and a decent number 2 results may continue as they have in the last 4.

And maybe I'll be making sweet love to Kelly Brook tonight but I doubt it.

I don't think it's a self defence mechanism. I think it's part of being a football fan. Living the dream and all that.

If you think about it in the cold light of day then it's all pointless really isn't it?

I don't think it's a self defence mechanism. I think it's part of being a football fan. Living the dream and all that.

Living IN a dream, more like.

If you think about it in the cold light of day then it's all pointless really isn't it?

This is turning into Science vs. Religion.

Science = Kean Out! Look at these statistics!

Religion = Keep the faith, bro.

yes bucky was feeling rather happy after the win but cant stand people who take one win as a sign that rovers are all of sudden going to shoot up the table, i prefer to be more cautious.

el tombro same to you what i said to bucky, wish people would be a bit more realistic after one win, really annoys me when you get kean lovers all of a sudden coming on these boards to try and rub it in and when rovers lose the next game, they suddenly disappear again!!!

This is turning into Science vs. Religion.

Science = Kean Out! Look at these statistics!

Religion = Keep the faith, bro.

That's EXACTLY what it is! Just like religion, anyone backing Kean is advocating to complete denial of observation.

el tombre same to you what i said to bucky, wish people would be a bit more realistic after one win, really annoys me when you get kean lovers all of a sudden coming on these boards to try and rub it in and when rovers lose the next game, they suddenly disappear again!!!

If Kean put a sustained run of results together, then yeah, I could understand some cause for optimism. We've pulled off a few decent results at the back-end of a disastrous run of form that we've come to expect from the shiny one. How many times have people falsely raised their hopes under his management? Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

yes bucky was feeling rather happy after the win but cant stand people who take one win as a sign that rovers are all of sudden going to shoot up the table, i prefer to be more cautious.

el tombro same to you what i said to bucky, wish people would be a bit more realistic after one win, really annoys me when you get kean lovers all of a sudden coming on these boards to try and rub it in and when rovers lose the next game, they suddenly disappear again!!!

I enjoy winning don't care who is in charge at the moment. Played very well in the last game and hope so in the next game too, this point scoring crap on here is getting tedious, one can be optimistic without being a Keanite and likewise one can enjoy a win whilst still wanting Kean out.

Weren't we rock bottom and five or six points from safety only a few weeks back??

Long may this run of form continue I say because I get no joy from seeing us in the bottom three.

Was a good interview. People (like philipl) who tediously drone about Kean having lost the dressing room along with other garbage propaganda with nothing to back it up need to stop. For me I'm in support of the guy now because it feels like things are starting to pick up (and have done since the United match). Yes, his record has been abysmal, but the rawness of what he's trying to achieve and the transition from Allardyce football might start shining through soon.

Genuine question, El Tombro: What is it that you consider Kean is trying to achieve?

• Moderation Lead

Rovers win... and the fans rub it into other fans? I think you're seeing things that aren't there!

Things have looked better the last few matches and I'm hoping for more of the same. That's all I bloody want! I don't care who the manager is. But some people clearly still do and that's become more important to them (and you) than results.

If only you'd said that in the first place....

It's important to emphasise the word 'trying' but from day one his tactics and football have been naive. Sam's footy was safe... it got us results and I wasn't one for calling it dreadful hoofball etc. because the results, at least to a Rover, are more important than style of play.

However, only in the last few matches did I feel like we played football on the ground with a bit of conviction. Previously it's got us nowhere. I have no doubt that this might just be a mini stint and we'll probably be back in the bottom three come Saturday. But can only hope...

-

Thanks. I think that like 'positive', 'look at the images', 'get back on the training field' etc etc 'what we are trying to do' has become an empty term for me whilst Kean has been jabbering on at the TV cameras over the last year or so. He has repeatedly talked about how some of the fans and the owners can 'see what we are trying to do' but there appears to me to have been no clear communication as to what it is Kean, Venkys etc are 'trying to do' or what their strategy is.

In my opinion, what Kean is 'trying to do' is drag as many 'positive' (there's another one) results out of a squad of diminishing ability whilst Venkys try to run everything on the cheap, maximise income from sales etc. If that strategy includes playing football on the deck then I'm glad that pleases some people but for me I'll just wait for the inevitable relegation when we run out of valuable 'assets'.

Winning games is far more important than style. And thats why the occasional brief periods of picking up points under Kean with some good football, are anomalies in Kean's time in charge- which has been unsuccessful. He will need to do a hell of a lot more to win any support from me- starting perhaps with managing to oversee two wins on the trot- when that feels like a major achievement you know that 'what we are trying to do' isn't working- whatever it is....

• Moderation Lead

I get you, Devon. The PR has been so bad and it really has been all talk and no action. I mostly ignore everything that's said. This was one interview that I felt decent about - can't put my finger on it. But either way, all I (and everyone) really care about is what happens on the pitch and the result at the end of it. Nothing else matters I guess.

The all talk and no action pretty much sums up Venky's entire tenure for me.

here is Steve Kean Interview with SSN today. He sounds in good spirits and the players also look in good spirits aswell. Samba is seen as 8 minute 45 seconds in to the Interview.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11676/7440606/Kean-confirms-Johnson-bid

Also Good on the Club and Kean for letting SSN into the training ground.

Archived