BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Isn't the Stat, the opening 21 games of a season without a clean sheet? I don't know if West Brom went 32 games without one from the start of a season.

Yeah they did, I was just using that run to highlight that dipping in to the back of last season's results doesn't take us to the longest run of games.

Taken from BBC match report page (in a red box)

"Blackburn are the first team in Premier League history to fail to keep a clean sheet in any of their opening 21 games of a campaign, a feat Norwich replicated less than 15 minutes later"

Surprising!

Let's hope we keep a clean sheet on Saturday and Norwich don't, we can get still rid ourselves of this unwanted record yet...

(I still think it should be a joint record since it should be judged over games, not chronologically!)

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This record won't be the last one mr kean will break in his time at the club I would wager.

The point with kean has always been that he is not now nor will he ever be a premiership manager. The odd result will not change that. Now we could well stay up under him but previously crap managers kept teams up.

Also his lies will always be there in black and white.

The sad truth that he hasn't realised yet is that he will never ever win over the vast majority of the fans.

I will never give him another chance, he has had more than enough.

Maybe he has handled himself well when dealing with the press but that is only one aspect of his job. He fails miserably when you look at the points we have totaled whist he has been in charge. For me that is by far the most important factor.

Transfer Update :

At the end of December, The Weasel states "We'll get our business done early this window"

16 days into the transfer window and despite The Weasel's claims, still no one signed !!

Assistant Manager Update :

On the 6/1/12 The Weasel states "We are quite far down the line of appointing someone else and I am hopeful that will be done by early next week."

10 days after this claim, still no Assistant Manager signed !!

And the clown wonders why we don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

Yeh, and the rest. It is surprising what short memories people have. This is the fourth time this season Steve Kean has turned the corner.

He's certainly turned the corner- he now has 14 votes for giving him more time.

Shame about the rest of the 900 votes cast.

Alexanders got slated for calling Kean brave but the truth is he is. If anyone can stand out there and take the abuse that he deservedly gets you have to respect his ability to take it. Most sane people would have walked away.

He's stuck in there , whether for the pay packet or a deluded belief in his own ability, and what's more managed to keep most of the players onside in an environment where the support, the local MP and the local newspaper have no faith in him. It is really quite remarkable. Never personally seen anything like it.

The problem is that Kean's remarkable ability to take abuse is only relevent in minor terms to Rovers winning football matches.

Alexanders got slated for calling Kean brave but the truth is he is.

As I said earlier Steve Kean is not 'brave'. He is deluded. He knows a good PR stunt when he sees one, and he is not afraid of letting the truth get in the way of a good story.

Alexanders got slated for calling Kean brave but the truth is he is. If anyone can stand out there and take the abuse that he deservedly gets you have to respect his ability to take it. Most sane people would have walked away.

So you're saying he's crazy, not brave?

Brave?!

Try greedy.

Ask anyone if they would, for £1m, stand in the safety of a football touchline for 90 minutes every 2 weeks and listen to 'Andy Out' or whatever their name is, I'm pretty sure they'd be 'brave' too!

• Backroom
STEVE KEAN has been promised a transfer war chest which is 'miles bigger' than anything Blackburn have had before — if he can keep them up.

The Rovers chief flew to India this week to meet with new owners Venky's and headed back to East Lancashire full of optimism.

He was assured by the poultry giants that his job is safe for next season even if the Ewood Park club are relegated.

Blackburn go to fellow strugglers Wolves tomorrow, knowing they need to win to guarantee their safety.

Kean said: "It was important to know what type of budget we had and it's very healthy. The wage bill won't be cut, there will be funds available.

"It's a very competitive budget. Miles bigger than Rovers have had in the past.

"It was all positive and most enlightening for me to hear what they want to do next season and the season after."

Any chance of a journalist reminding him of this press conference from the end of last season and asking exactly what has changed?

Any chance of a journalist reminding him of this press conference from the end of last season and asking exactly what has changed?

He is in touch with owners regularly so surely must know.

Plus, asking him, whether the owners are alive and plan to speak again could be a useful question.

Archived