BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Now Coleman has been confirmed as Wales manager. J wonder if he will want his trusted Kean as his no2. I believe Kean would take.it, if it was offered.

Not that I believe it would happen. The Welsh fa are not as stupid as venkys.

absolutely gutted as the WFA have agreed to honour Gary Speed by keeping his backroom staff on ..hence no place for our glorious leader ( W****** ) :angry2::angry:

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have taken 10 points from our last 8 games which represents a revival for us given our appalling form before that sequence. If we continue at that rate we will accumulate 21-22 points more by the end of the season. That would give us 38-39 points which probably would keep us up.

THEN WHAT?

Then we have another year for some currently unknown event to happen and improve things, which is the best we can hope for right now, certainly better than people wishing for us to keep losing in the ludicrous hope that Venky's will sack him. Jack kept sacking managers in the late '90s and we ended up mid-table in the Championship. No-one else would work with Venky's so we just have to hope the only one who will comes good until we get sold to some other owners, and then the whole circus will begin again.

THEN WHAT? has been an issue, as Den pointed out earlier, since the day Jack bought us and set us up to run beyond our means as a small town club. He may have had a desire for us to be self-sustaining, but not many of his actions were directed to that end. As his own Trust wouldn't do it then we are unfortunately dependent on new owners who will do whatever they like.

Now Coleman has been confirmed as Wales manager. J wonder if he will want his trusted Kean as his no2. I believe Kean would take.it, if it was offered.

Not that I believe it would happen. The Welsh fa are not as stupid as venkys.

I doubt he would - I imagine the salary is an absolute fraction of what he earns at Rovers.

I try and understand this "Don't care about Rovers anymore", "couldn't be arsed about the score", "didnt watch it" etc etc.

I cant though. I think we portray ourselves as "bad" supporters. We should be supporters through thick and thin. I understand that Venkys are the worst owners imaginable and Kean is a horrible manager whome doesnt seem to learn from his mistakes. In my case I am still 100% addicted to Rovers matchesand try to catch them whenever I can. I still think we can make this and I will be at Stamford Bridge in the last game in premier league for maybe a long time or one of the happiest days in my life ( if we stay up). Either way I will still follow Rovers down in Championship , League 1 and League two - be it.

This is an unusual situation, one created by the owners and kean.

I still support the team and it makes my weekend when we manage a win.

My big problem is I really can't stand the idea of putting money into venkys or keans pockets when they are destroying the club.

I really never believed any of the rubbish they were spouting when they first appeared.

Even having a season like the one we are currently are having wouldn't stop me going to ewood, normally.

Its the manner in which, we, the fans are being treated.

The owners couldn't give a toss about us or the club and kean, well he is just laughing at us all the way to the bank.

I understand some would say I'm not a real fan and to that I would just say for over 20 years I have suported rovers through ups and downs.

Why would Kean give up a seven figure salary for wages a fraction of his pay at Rovers and his status as a Premier League manager for No 2 of minor national team ?

Why would Kean give up a seven figure salary for wages a fraction of his pay at Rovers and his status as a Premier League manager for No 2 of minor national team ?

plus he would never ever become a number 1 again, I still can't believe that he is.

This is an unusual situation, one created by the owners and kean.

I still support the team and it makes my weekend when we manage a win.

My big problem is I really can't stand the idea of putting money into venkys or keans pockets when they are destroying the club.

I really never believed any of the rubbish they were spouting when they first appeared.

Even having a season like the one we are currently are having wouldn't stop me going to ewood, normally.

Its the manner in which, we, the fans are being treated.

The owners couldn't give a toss about us or the club and kean, well he is just laughing at us all the way to the bank.

I understand some would say I'm not a real fan and to that I would just say for over 20 years I have suported rovers through ups and downs.

I understand what you mean but the only people being harmed financially by the 'stay aways' are the non playing staff at Ewood, and local businesses etc. Kean will get his salary whether you go or not, and Venkys will lose money whether you go or not. Those young lads in the team need all the support they can get and if that means ignoring Kean to do so, then so be it.

plus he would never ever become a number 1 again, I still can't believe that he is.

I bet Kean pinches himself every day as well.

I cringe whenever I see him on the touchline or taking a training session. How this spud ever became manager of Rovers I will never know...

It got better fellas. Bizarrely the guy with the disgustingly coloured jumper spoke very well I thought. The early part was just two muppets wasting time and showing their ignorance. And they're "journalists" to boot apparently!? Try reading the Independent today fellas, you know, a bit of research on a subject you'll be talking about later in the day wouldn't be too hard would it?

"Breaking news, football fans show displeasure at a football match. Incredibly well paid, unqualified, unsuccessful football manager blamed." Call the cops!!

What I love is how the fans are almost at Millwall status now.

And for what, exactly?

Absolutely bizarre. This very 'programme' was slaughtering him pre the Bolton game.

'He's abused wherever he goes, he needs a minder to walk the street'.

These are facts are they?

Then we have another year for some currently unknown event to happen and improve things, which is the best we can hope for right now, certainly better than people wishing for us to keep losing in the ludicrous hope that Venky's will sack him. Jack kept sacking managers in the late '90s and we ended up mid-table in the Championship. No-one else would work with Venky's so we just have to hope the only one who will comes good until we get sold to some other owners, and then the whole circus will begin again.

THEN WHAT? has been an issue, as Den pointed out earlier, since the day Jack bought us and set us up to run beyond our means as a small town club. He may have had a desire for us to be self-sustaining, but not many of his actions were directed to that end. As his own Trust wouldn't do it then we are unfortunately dependent on new owners who will do whatever they like.

Ah but! Pedro was saying staying up this year would mean "stability". I was pointing out that there won't be any stability with Venkys in charge. Permanent upheaval whatever league we are in.

How can he fear for his safety when he receives 500 letters a day telling how awesome he is?

He's probably terrified of meeting the postman in all fairness.

No man should have that work load. If I was his postman I'd ask him to stop being so successful, that I can see what he's trying to do, but could he stop as he's going to break my back with all these letters of support.

Archived