BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say;

I feel a little bit sorry for Kean if he is only a piece in this horrible puzzle.

He is a brave man standing up to all the Ewood Park faithfuls and still believe in himself and the players.

So I assume that when the directors letter of 4th January 2011 states 'In addition, and of greatest concern, as we enter the transfer window, is your instruction that the Manager is to no longer report to the Board on transfer matters', has nothing to do with poor old Steve suggesting to the Venky's that he is the main man at Ewood.

I don't know how you can use the word 'brave'. There are plenty of brave acts happening in the world, standing in front of a crowd signing 'Kean Out', 'Keano its time to go' is certainly not one of them. The reason he stands there is he is so far up his own backside he can't hear anything, plus it provides ideal photo opportunities for the friendly media to show how dignified he is.

• Backroom

I don't think alexanders is wumming, it just seems like naivity to me.

There is no reason whatsoever to feel sorry for Steve Kean - there are numerous reasons for this, some public and some not - but to the average fan there will be a degree of sympathy. It's why people were fighting in Ewood over the protests.

I feel sorry for Kean IF he has only been used as a yes-man.

You feel sorry for the Yes Man for being a Yes Man?

Sorry alexanders, I can't see any logic behind that at all. Especially if it's to the detriment of OUR club. I keep hearing the word dignity banded about. Yes Men necessarily lack this trait.

Kean was certainly not being a yes man at the back end of 2010....

Anyway, Kean chalked another unwelcome record on Saturday.

No Premier League club had ever previously gone the first 21 games of a season without keeping a clean sheet.. until Steve Kean came along.

No Premier League club had ever previously gone the first 21 games of a season without keeping a clean sheet.. until Steve Kean came along.

Are you sure about that? At the very least, it's a record he will share with Paul Lambert and Norwich City.

I find it hard to believe that two teams have done this for the time in PL history, but I can't be bothered doing the research!

Kean was certainly not being a yes man at the back end of 2010....

People go to matches to be entertained, Philip. Goals are entertaining - doesn't matter which end they go in, does it?

Kean is simply giving the people what they want.

:wacko:

Dignity, integrity, bravery. All have been applied to Kean recently in the Press. Is this the same bloke who was caught smugging gold into Mumbai? His reported response when "nabbed" (according to report in LT My link )

Kean was intercepted by the Deputy Commissioner of Customs, Sameer Wankhede, while he was crossing the green channel with gold jewellery worth Rs 3-4 lakh. (about £4000 to £5000 = a large amount in India)

"Kean was nabbed at the green channel, penalised for carrying undeclared valuables, and thereafter released," said a senior customs official at the Mumbai airport, on condition of anonymity.

"At the outset, he tried to justify his actions by providing various excuses. As soon as he realised he was in trouble, he started pleading ignorance about the existing customs laws," added the officer.

Steve, you make us proud, and BTW why were you flying to India every week?

Good manners cost nothing....

Mr Kean sir, may I interrupt your labours to request you kindly tender your resignation forthwith perchance ?

Never know....might do the trick as he's such a "nice man" (copyright Mrs D).

I don’t think our situation is normal though hence why there should be little sympathy for Kean. The suspicious circumstances in which he got the job plus the recent evidence illustrating the influence of SEM suggest all has never been right at the club.

Usually, managers get appointed jobs on merit, however fair to say that (likely) did not happen in this case.

Combined with his poor results record and continuous delusional comments, he has brought some of this on himself in a sense.

Kean has won the propaganda war, end of:

'Kean has done his best. If it's still not enough, he will know he couldn't have given any more.

But if he does keep Blackburn up, the feat should be recognised as one of the greater achievements of the modern era.

Not that Venky's will acknowledge it as such, of course. Then, again, what do they know? '

Read more and weep:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sunsport_columnists/4062449/Steven-Howard-column-Steve-Kean-doing-his-best-with-dignity.html

Kean has won the propaganda war, end of:

'Kean has done his best. If it's still not enough, he will know he couldn't have given any more.

But if he does keep Blackburn up, the feat should be recognised as one of the greater achievements of the modern era.

Not that Venky's will acknowledge it as such, of course. Then, again, what do they know? '

Read more and weep:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sunsport_columnists/4062449/Steven-Howard-column-Steve-Kean-doing-his-best-with-dignity.html

Just put two replies on the Sun site, but awaiting approval. Here they are in case they get edited.

Steven Howard says: "He has even endured a monthly trip to see the owners in India... Of a return trip that must be an absolute bloody nightmare, he says: "It's not as bad as it sounds."

Are you aware of the report that Mr Kean was "penalised" by Customs in Mumbai as he tried to enter the country with between £4000 and £5000 in undeclared gold in summer 2011? Ref:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/9085970.Now_Venky_s_set_to_buy_David_Dunn_s_house/?action=complain&cid=9434424 Why go to India so frequently? Do they not have conference call facilities in the call centre capital of the world?

lagcam posted: "I think it is ridiculous that he gets so much abuse when you consider what he has to work with .....

Mr Kean has virtually the same squad as Sam Allardyce minus Jones and Kalinic PLUS Formica, Rochina, Vucevic, Petrovic, Goodwillie, Lowe, Rubiero, Slew and Dann. Mr Kean has also signed other players who have not yet made the first team - including Myles Anderson (son of Jerome Anderson, Mr Kean's agent) and has been able to call upon several young players (there pre Mr Kean's arrival) who have acquitted themselves well.

...and how little he probably gets paid for it."

Mr Kean receives about £1m per year. Does that sound enough for the worst record of any Rovers manager in their 137 year history? How much would he deserve if his pay was based upon results?

IF he backstabbed Sam Allardyce I will no longer think this man is brave and I have never said that he is good enough for our club and should be here. I only said that it takes a "brave" man to stand up against all this and still believe in himself.

If my company was taken over by someone else and one of my bosses came to me and said he had a vacant sales manager position he thought I deserved I wouldn't say no. If the sales plummeted I would still believe in myself and continue. Probably try to clutch at straws that we have been very close, but a competitor stole a signature in the last minute etc. Thats how I am naive and sometimes way to positve / optimistic.

I hope we have turned a corner because the most important thing for me is that we stay in this league come next year. Either way I just ordered plane tickets to London 12th of May and I will be there on Stamford Bridge when we either stay up or go down.

The club is bigger than Steve Kean, Venkys, Anderson, Samba etc.

Are you sure about that? At the very least, it's a record he will share with Paul Lambert and Norwich City.

I find it hard to believe that two teams have done this for the time in PL history, but I can't be bothered doing the research!

In one season we are joint with Norwich, but if we are using consecutive games then we win as we conceded in games at the back end of last season.

So, why do you feel sorry for him?

Why is he 'brave'?

The bloke was a no mark coach, is now managing a PL oufit with no pressure from the owners to get results and on a million pounds a year.

He has got no more abuse than any other mananger with his record. When he eventually leaves he will be set for life just because he made the right choice of Agent.

Ok, Kean should never have been given the job in the first place but he was offered the opportunity to manage a premier league club. Who would turn that down? I think it's a little disrespectful to describe him as a 'no mark coach'. A football coach is as big a profession as any and he will have worked very hard to get the the level where he was coaching in the best football league in the world.

Fact is...he is not getting sacked. So everyone should shut up, stop protesting at the games and get behind the team 100%. The fans are our best chance of staying up now, roaring the team onto victory. If we go down, it's curtains. Venky's are to blame for all of this and should be the focus of protests but not on match days. The players need to know we will do everything to stay with them and ensure our survival. Once Venky's go, Kean will soon follow but in the meantime we have to thank our lucky stars the players are playing for him and he seems to be ready for the fight.

In one season we are joint with Norwich, but if we are using consecutive games then we win as we conceded in games at the back end of last season.

I had a quick Google for this record and found that West Brom went 32 games without a clean sheet at one point, so that wouldn't be a record.

I'm not saying it's not true, I'd just be very surprised if two teams have broken the record despite neither being in the relegation zone...there have been some seriously poor teams in the PL over its history.

Isn't the Stat, the opening 21 games of a season without a clean sheet? I don't know if West Brom went 32 games without one from the start of a season.

Yes it is and I believe we beat Norwich to it by about 15 minutes. (But Norwich have 28 points)

Taken from BBC match report page (in a red box)

"Blackburn are the first team in Premier League history to fail to keep a clean sheet in any of their opening 21 games of a campaign, a feat Norwich replicated less than 15 minutes later"

Our total is 24 on the spin since we bat Bolton 1-0 last season

Archived