BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. Briefly turned on SSN the other day and they were saying it was OK to boo Wenger & Arshavin because "Arshavin's not putting in the effort" and "the fans don't want him there". I found it quite disgraceful to be honest. As Wenger said, he was replacing an 18 year old kid with the captain of the Russian national team. A £15m player on £80k a week. Not exactly a chump, regardless of his current form. I doubt it helped Arshavin's already shot confidence to come on to a chorus of boos.

None of that is mentioned, though. The Arsenal fans had every right, apparently.

Chelsea fans were booing a few matches ago and the Sky Sports panel were in agreement strangely enough, but then Geoff Stelling got a bit animated and disagreed with the panel saying it was ridiculous that such pampered fans should be boo'ing. No one agreed with him though!

Yet to the Sky panel Rovers fans are a disgrace, should give Kean a break and have gone too far.

It will be interesting to see if anyone calls him on his statement before the transfer window saying that we had £5 - 10 million to spend on players from the owners? Probably not, no one ever quotes him on the moronic things he's said in the past.

A trip to Wembley would just have been a distraction from the real goal staying in the league.

Though for anyone with an ounce of sense the goal is staying in the PL, I'm sure the owners don't see it that way, I bet they are kicking themselves considering what success in the cup could have meant. Would have been a big two fingers up to the naysayers put it that way.

Any chance of a poll re-set? Be interesting now the protests have shifted to the owners to see if its affected peoples views on Kean as manager.

Is there any point when people can delete & re-vote anyway?

Winning the Carling Cup or even being in the final would have been a massive boost for Keans CV. Plus Venkys branded us in India as "The team that beat Arsenal" before our last friendly there, can you imagine what they could say if we won the CC? "Rovers won the cup that Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal all tried to win but we conquered them all to be CHAMPIONS"

"The team that beat Man United at Old Trafford" will have to do for our next friendly out there i guess

A trip to Wembley would just have been a distraction from the real goal staying in the league.

I disagree with that. We were in a similar position in 2002 when we went to Cardiff and won the Worthington cup. After that, we pushed on and steered clear of trouble.

I disagree with that. We were in a similar position in 2002 when we went to Cardiff and won the Worthington cup. After that, we pushed on and steered clear of trouble.

We had a far better side then and a REAL manager

Is there any point when people can delete & re-vote anyway?

Point being most people don't

It just seems sooo endless....I just wish he would go so we can have some hope again. I think a load of people, like me, have just given up, become Accrington Stanley followers and alcoholics!

I just can't stay angry with the Mr Kean, as it takes too much out of me!

Just go...please just go!

Archived