BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shows how ot of touch you ar,e Gordon. Young and not so young people are now so attached to their phones that they don't go anywhere without them. They take them in the bathroom, to bed and everywhere. A training field is certainly not somewhere they'd go without them - they carry their entire lives around on them. I once had a friend who lost her phone say that she wouldn't be able to go anywhere or do anything because she had absolutely everything on her phone. I've even had parents in the middle of discussing their child in school take out a phone and, without a word of apology, answer the call. So how Kean is mean to stop players taking them onto the training pitch, I don't know.

Are you serious GB? Whilst you can't fine the parents, Kean could fine his players.

A better analogy: what would you do if one of the children in your class took out their mobile and answered a call during a lesson?

I'd be amazed if they do take calls on the training pitch, however. But then again....

Are you serious GB? Whilst you can't fine the parents, Kean could fine his players.

A better analogy: what would you do if one of the children in your class took out their mobile and answered a call during a lesson?

I'd be amazed if they do take calls on the training pitch, however. But then again....

Confiscate the phone and then depending on how I felt either give it back at the end of the day or if i was seriously annoyed hand it in to be put in the safe until parents came in to collect it. that's not the point though. If kids have phones with them and use them outside in the playground or keep them unused in their pockets then we can do nothing about it. Just because dunn was in his training kit doesn't mean training had started or that he waws using his phone at an inappropriate time, so I can't see why anyone would think of fining him or making him do extra training or whatever. If he breaks off in the middle of training to take a call that's a different matter.

And also more evidence that you're either deluded ork a wind up merchant .

Jump on a jet, hunt down virtually anybody who has had the pleasure to work with him, and ask them whether they think he is a good guy.

You may not like his management, but getting personal about personalities you have never met says a lot about you, and the other less balanced contributors.

Peace and love :tu:

Confiscate the phone and then depending on how I felt either give it back at the end of the day or if i was seriously annoyed hand it in to be put in the safe until parents came in to collect it. that's not the point though. If kids have phones with them and use them outside in the playground or keep them unused in their pockets then we can do nothing about it. Just because dunn was in his training kit doesn't mean training had started or that he waws using his phone at an inappropriate time, so I can't see why anyone would think of fining him or making him do extra training or whatever. If he breaks off in the middle of training to take a call that's a different matter.

You changed the goal posts a bit there. My post was in response to the players taking their phones onto the training pitch with them. Why take them onto the training pitch if there is no intention to use it? It's only going to get broken (although money's no object to them so they probably wouldn't care).

I did caveat my post too. I'm assuming they don't really take them on to the training pitch so it's a bit of a moot point anyway. Guess that makes my posts about it pretty pointless too. :blush:

Now that's a bit ott just for using your mobile phone in training!

:D

Poaching is really sucessfull example fabregas

This is about the most successful poaching Rovers will have. Still, chickens don't come much younger.

P4160160.jpg

You changed the goal posts a bit there. My post was in response to the players taking their phones onto the training pitch with them. Why take them onto the training pitch if there is no intention to use it? It's only going to get broken (although money's no object to them so they probably wouldn't care).

I did caveat my post too. I'm assuming they don't really take them on to the training pitch so it's a bit of a moot point anyway. Guess that makes my posts about it pretty pointless too. :blush:

Just shows how fed up we all are with the whole transfer window, manager staying, owners disappearing, having no money thing that we come down to disussing dunn having his mobile with him, but the report only said dunn was in his training kit, not that he was even on the training pitch

Was sat a few rows behind kean at the brighton-newcastle match today. Lets hope they play as badly as they did today. Surely, even kean could see their weaknesses. Think Junior will murder their full backs. Think Ba will play but could well be without cabaye, coloccini, s taylor, tiote, cisse. Added to that, they seem to be in a bit if a slump at the moment. I feel there is no better time to play them. But this is a Kean/venkys era so we will prob lose...

Was sat a few rows behind kean at the brighton-newcastle match today. Lets hope they play as badly as they did today. Surely, even kean could see their weaknesses. Think Junior will murder their full backs. Think Ba will play but could well be without cabaye, coloccini, s taylor, tiote, cisse. Added to that, they seem to be in a bit if a slump at the moment. I feel there is no better time to play them. But this is a Kean/venkys era so we will prob lose...

you should've flicked a bogey on his head. In all seriousness you are correct. We should be good enough to beat a disjointed team like Newcastle's current team. It reminds me of the side they came up with when their best players are missing. Simpson is a poor full back and i think Krul is suspect. We have to take advantage. Its not who you play, its when you play them.

That article reads like its been written by a fool ! Oh yes its by a Scot, about a Scot in a Scottish chip wrap paper.

Mr Kean, despite his current run of reasonable results, will never win back The Ewood crowd because of what has gone before.

I give him credit for the recent run and for some of the football the team has played however unlike the media Kean love in I wont be swayed by an article writtern by a frisp about a frisp.

Mr Kean, despite his current run of reasonable results, will never win back The Ewood crowd because of what has gone before.

I'm going to suggest you are probably wrong. If we manage to stay up this season, I think that the majority of the fans will actually back him. In fairness it seems to me that many already are getting behind him and are showing sympathy knowing what we are putting up with at a higher level.

Granted, there are plenty of fans who won't ever be won over by him (my own mum included!) because that would mean losing face or seeming to give up a fight against something they believe in strongly - but the majority of supporters will be happy with top flight football and sporadic results, regardless of who is the boss.

I'm going to suggest you are probably wrong. If we manage to stay up this season, I think that the majority of the fans will actually back him.

1. Speaking only for myself, he's right. Kean is a poor human being, every time he opens his mouth I think what is he lying about this time?

2. Staying up? Isn't the standard he (and his owners) set top 10 and a cup? Oh wait, see no. 1 above.

I'm going to suggest you are probably wrong. If we manage to stay up this season, I think that the majority of the fans will actually back him. In fairness it seems to me that many already are getting behind him and are showing sympathy knowing what we are putting up with at a higher level.

Granted, there are plenty of fans who won't ever be won over by him (my own mum included!) because that would mean losing face or seeming to give up a fight against something they believe in strongly - but the majority of supporters will be happy with top flight football and sporadic results, regardless of who is the boss.

Sounds like you have been won over by him, Pedro. Maybe you even believe we'll stay up now we've won a couple of games.

Kean is the public face of everything that is bad about the club at the minute, and skilled in saying-one-thing-and-doing-another.

Your mum clearly has plenty of self-respect, more power to her. It's not about loss of face, it's about loss of trust.

Sounds like you have been won over by him, Pedro. Maybe you even believe we'll stay up now we've won a couple of games.

Kean is the public face of everything that is bad about the club at the minute, and skilled in saying-one-thing-and-doing-another.

Your mum clearly has plenty of self-respect, more power to her. It's not about loss of face, it's about loss of trust.

My mum has never liked him or the Venkys, way back from Dec 10 to be fair. She's entitled to say it how she sees it, same goes for me and my views.

I'm not "won over" by him, as I've pointed out many times before I'd love to see him replaced with someone of experience and likeability to put this whole scenario to bed. Unfortunately I'm a realist and don't see anyone experienced and capable working for the wage he does, for the people he does, in the conditions he does, without the day to day support of an experienced board that ninety odd percent of other clubs have - so I am more resigned to the fact that we'd better hope he continues to develop as a manager because he is here for the long run. So again trying to be realistic, much rather than him simply being sacked, it is a case of the club needing to be bought out and an infrastucture put in place...but is that likely?

As for the public face - Kean is the only real high ranking mouth piece of a club that has the shutters well and truly up. I don't think he purposefully gives false promises, I imagine that he is himself promised one thing but provided another. As a sub-plot, I was amazed to discover that Coar is still at the club - surely he should have popped his head out of the bunker quite some time ago rather than sitting tight and saying nothing.

Ironic

Someone at the mail really likes Kean.

My first thoughts on that were, "I wonder if Wayne Wild has been emailing that same address?".

Ah, Pe- 'No one else will manage us so I'll back Kean blindly'-dro.

If Kean keeps us up, he'll have cleaned up his own stinking mess - YET AGAIN.

Nice to see a fresh pair of tits on your Avatar Topman, big mistake replacing it for a photo of that soppy looking fanny the other week ;)

Archived