BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll still be here, that's for sure.

I will always remain a Blackburn Rovers fan regardless of who the owners and manager are. That won't change even if Venkys and Kean remain. They are but a temporary presence that will last a decade or so at most but the club will continue to exist for centuries, hopefully millenia.

Ten years later, I bet Venkys and Kean will be forgotten, but I'll still be here to support Rovers no matter what division we're in.

That's good and I'm sure there are a few thousand out there exactly the same. BUT------ not enough to run a football club successfully.

When Kenny took over we weren't getting 10000 at Ewood. So the point stands!

Just make it up then!?! Unbelievable!!!

Jesus you really are a troll. I've conveyed the exact meaning with the odd word astray because I couldn't find the quote and made that quite clear. I haven't made it up at all.

You want to start all this stuff again? It seems you do.

Like that word don't you?

You are a hypocrite and by being the sort to adjust quotes to suit are the exact cause for me to ask for genuine quotes in the 1st place. You've just proved the exact point I've been making all along. Thankyou.

You are a hypocrite and by being the sort to adjust quotes to suit are the exact cause for me to ask for genuine quotes in the 1st place. You've just proved the exact point I've been making all along. Thankyou.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9494335.Andy_Cryer_Column__Window_need_not_be_a_pain_for_Kean/

Apology will be gracefully accepted.

That's good and I'm sure there are a few thousand out there exactly the same. BUT------ not enough to run a football club successfully.

When Kenny took over we weren't getting 10000 at Ewood. So the point stands!

Jesus you really are a troll. I've conveyed the exact meaning with the odd word astray because I couldn't find the quote and made that quite clear. I haven't made it up at all.

You want to start all this stuff again? It seems you do.

Oh, for Gods sake, will you pair get a room or something? It's like watching a kids at school who don't understand their feelings (for each other) pull each others hair and what not...

Not only does that article fail to quote kean saying what you posted, there is not a single kean quote in the entire article! Stick to the facts. I'm done.

How about these facts?

“I think we need four players and if we can get that amount and get them quickly together with the lads coming back then I’m sure we can climb the table quickly.

“If we can get established players and get them bedded into the team immediately then that can only be good for everyone and give us a nice lift.”

Im not a fan of Steve Kean (I dont think anyone is?) but I will give him credit for one thing -

He inherited a team of Nelsen, Salgado, Andrews, Roberts, Emerton etc and has brought the average age down hugely.

I know this isnt a major achievement and to be fair Big Sam probably would have gone for younger replacements too if he was given a transfer window.

Im just really happy to have the likes of Henley, Hanley, Lowe, Rochina, Formica, Morris (I know Big sam gave him a game vs United but thats because he forefited that match), Goodwillie,Petrovic, Slew etc in our squad and now hes after Sutter another youngster.

You do need a balance of experienced players in a team but I feel we have that with the Yak, Samba, Givet, Dunn and Pedersen so I think hes getting the ratio just about right.

We fielded our youngest ever PL side away at Man United........AND WON!!!!

Maybe, just maybe we have a bright future? But Venkys putting their hands in their pockets certainly wouldnt hinder our chances!!

I also feel if we sacked Kean and hired Hughes or Oneil we would be totally safe from relegation as QPR will be and Sunderland already are

wow FFP333

The only thing I can say is that that is a pretty pathetic post! Absolutlely totally utterly pathetic if I am honest! where are you coming from? the pune-bitch-hutch? We don't need people like you killing our club! go away please before we get more angry. you are rubbish at business, just accept it and go live in the seycelles with a nice cocktail! I would be happy to advise you on brandy versus gin.

wow FFP333

The only thing I can say is that that is a pretty pathetic post! Absolutlely totally utterly pathetic if I am honest! where are you coming from? the pune-bitch-hutch? We don't need people like you killing our club! go away please before we get more angry. you are rubbish at business, just accept it and go live in the seycelles with a nice cocktail! I would be happy to advise you on brandy versus gin.

What?!

How is that pathetic? Could you please keep off the abuse and insults? FFP333 didn't even say anything about supporting Venkys and you're accusing him of coming from Pune and killing our club?! All he expressed was the desire for Venkys to actually invest some cash into our squad, which I'm sure all of us do but don't expect them to (nonetheless we can hope, right?) and he also said that he isn't a fan of Kean.

Come on, mate. Read the damn thing properly before squeezing the trigger.

What?!

How is that pathetic? Could you please keep off the abuse and insults? FFP333 didn't even say anything about supporting Venkys and you're accusing him of coming from Pune and killing our club?! All he expressed was the desire for Venkys to actually invest some cash into our squad, which I'm sure all of us do but don't expect them to (nonetheless we can hope, right?) and he also said that he isn't a fan of Kean.

Come on, mate. Read the damn thing properly before squeezing the trigger.

You have to take him with a pinch of salt. Every so often he likes to come on here for looking for a fight.

Not only does that article fail to quote kean saying what you posted, there is not a single kean quote in the entire article! Stick to the facts. I'm done.

You surely don't doubt that Kean said we needed 4 players and we needed to get them in early?

Thats all I said he said. The articles I and Topman posted refer to that interview.

Further I stated it wasn't a quote, I was paraphrasing. Can't see any issue here other than a personal one.

So, I'll put you on ignore and you won't receive any further reply.

You surely don't doubt that Kean said we needed 4 players and we needed to get them in early?

Thats all I said he said. The articles I and Topman posted refer to that interview.

Further I stated it wasn't a quote, I was paraphrasing. Can't see any issue here other than a personal one.

So, I'll put you on ignore and you won't receive any further reply.

Kean said: "I think we need four and if we can get them quickly, together with lads coming out of the medical room, I think we can climb the table quickly.

"If we can get established players in and get them bedded into the team then that can only be good for everybody."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16335264.stm

I think the Blackburn fans are going OTT with these protests though. He is an individual like us all, he shouldn't be subjected to this kind of

abuse, even if he is doing a really poor job.

That's because you've listened to the people on the telly box a bit too much. I'd get out more if I were you. You're also a bit behind considering he's had no abuse whatsoever for the last few games.

It's a bit different when you include the word "if".

I find it bizarre after everything that has happened that people feel the need to criticise him over things that aren't really an issue. He obviously wanted to get players in early but that hasn't happened.

I think Redknapp said the same thing as well.

I think the Blackburn fans are going OTT with these protests though. He is an individual like us all, he shouldn't be subjected to this kind of

abuse, even if he is doing a really poor job.

he deserves all he gets ..with the bullshit he has come out with since he's been in charge..we may have been on our way to Wembley only for his forfeiture :angry2:

BTW he really isnt getting much abuse...seen it 100 fold worse around the country

also the wage hes on he gets paid to take the stick , live by the sword die by the sword

Another of his quotes to add to the vast collection. What happened to the "we need to get 4 players in and we need to do the business quickly"? Not exact quote I know but close.

Surely you must realise, being an ex-teacher, that the missing word "if" completely changes the meaning from a statement of intent to a statement of hope.

Archived