BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Message From Steve Kean

“I spoke with the owner [Anuradha Desai] first thing Saturday morning and she said that there were going to be people protesting and not to let it bother me and I won’t.

“They [owners] are very much in this for the long run and have backed me to the hilt.

From this article: http://tgr.ph/oKOTPj

Sounds like he's going to be in charge for a while yet. Especially if the attitude is 'Don't let it bother you Steve.'

It doesn't make any sense not to sack him.

Bolton are the only team below us but they've had United, Chelsea, City + Arsenal and Liverpool away in their opening 7 matches.

We've only had City and Arsenal out of the top bunch, both at home.

It's horrible to watch us heading to a certain fate of relegation. If it was so easy to sack Allardyce, why is it so difficult to get rid of Kean?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rovers4Good

Yeh i've already read this and was spitting feathers.

Kean if he's in charge for another month or so will soon start to feel the strain of our lack of support for him and it's only a matter of time before either he gets sacked or Blackburn start to lose more fans so to the Venkys, what would you like? Less Fans? A fat incompetent man who has lost his fans and it's only a matter of time before he loses the dressing room also because you can clearly see that come Saturday or Sunday these players aren't giving thier all for the team.

@ Mathew Stanger - as the article says, I think venkys are so keen on kean (haha) because he is 'yes' man, he's knows he's lucky to have this job, not to forget his manager's wage, and is probably petrified of losing it. For venkys he's perfect, because he'll do or say anything he's asked... it's a sham... sam was his own man and that wasn't gonna work with venky's new toy that is BRFC.

@ Rovers4Godd - i really fear that venkys wont realise until it's far too late and we're either cut far too adrift or already down or as good as... :(

Maybe we need some of our more prestigeous fans to speak out on the Beeb or summat... robbie savage, simon garner, tony parkes... or previous managers... maybe sam can spill a few beans for us... we need something to let venkys know they need to shape up or frig off...

@ Mathew Stanger - as the article says, I think venkys are so keen on kean (haha) because he is 'yes' man, he's knows he's lucky to have this job, not to forget his manager's wage, and is probably petrified of losing it. For venkys he's perfect, because he'll do or say anything he's asked... it's a sham... sam was his own man and that wasn't gonna work with venky's new toy that is BRFC.

It still doesn't make any sense. What's the point in having a Yes Man in the Championship? All anyone cares about (who doesn't live in England) is the Premier League. They won't be able to market anything to anyone when we're down there in the Championship.

I think Venky's have their head in the sand as well - they don't seem the realise that we are heading for certain relegation. Given Kean's record, there are no ifs or buts, it's 100% nailed on.

We don't have any more time to waste with having him as our manager.

For me the players are key to our future. In my opinion the only way Venkys will dismiss Kean is if the players let Venkys know what is really happening whilst they are in India this week. It would go against the protocol in football if the players were to do this but that is the hope I am clinging to because as sure as eggs are eggs Venkys couldn't give a toss what we think.

I hope the leadership we have been lacking on the field recently is overturned and Samba et al tell it like it really is.

Alas we can all live in hope.

Kean is destroying the Venky's ownership.

He is determined to drag them down with him.

I no longer see any difference between Mrs. Desai and Steve Kean. As far as I'm concerned they are both destroying the club that I have supported for 50 years. Personally, I think they are both too arrogant to believe that they could be wrong and ultimately it is this arrogance that will destroy us. I suspect that if she continues to prop up Kean then the demonstrations will soon be aimed in her direction and rightly so.

“I spoke with the owner [Anuradha Desai] first thing Saturday morning and she said that there were going to be people protesting and not to let it bother me and I won’t.

“They [owners] are very much in this for the long run and have backed me to the hilt.

From this article: http://tgr.ph/oKOTPj

Sounds like he's going to be in charge for a while yet. Especially if the attitude is 'Don't let it bother you Steve.'

It doesn't make any sense not to sack him.

Bolton are the only team below us but they've had United, Chelsea, City + Arsenal and Liverpool away in their opening 7 matches.

We've only had City and Arsenal out of the top bunch, both at home.

It's horrible to watch us heading to a certain fate of relegation. If it was so easy to sack Allardyce, why is it so difficult to get rid of Kean?

I originally wanted him out because he is ruining our club but after reading those smug remarks it is now becoming personal. I really dislike the arrogant weasel now. Can't stand the sight of his face or the sound of his voice.

The Mirror printed an extra bit of quote...

“The owners won’t panic. They are strong people.

“They are in this for the long run and they have backed me to the hilt. We’ll get through it.”

That 'We'll get through it' part sounds like it's us and them. And from Kean's perspective the 'us' is him and Venky's, the 'them' is the fans.

@ Rovers4Godd - i really fear that venkys wont realise until it's far too late and we're either cut far too adrift or already down or as good as... :(

Maybe we need some of our more prestigeous fans to speak out on the Beeb or summat... robbie savage, simon garner, tony parkes... or previous managers... maybe sam can spill a few beans for us... we need something to let venkys know they need to shape up or frig off...

John Williams should now spill the beans !!!

People need to stop saying this the team needs us to get behind them bullshirt it doesnt matter if its a full capacity the team will still be disorganised and have a Weasel in charge. The only way Venky's will listen is if there wallet gets hit hard. If that means no one goes to the next home game then it has to be done. let the gates drop below 10,000 then they will listen.

Fans need to stop messing about waiting for us to be losing, and instead protest whatever. Chanting at 3-0 down, but not until then, looks like a petulant reaction to the game.

We need to show that we want Kean Out (if not, time to chant against Venky's) and aren't going to uhmm and aahh every time waiting to see how the wind blows that day.

Protests before the game, during the game and after the game. Kean has shown his true colours...it's us against them. The Battle for Blackburn Rovers has begun...

I no longer see any difference between Mrs. Desai and Steve Kean. As far as I'm concerned they are both destroying the club that I have supported for 50 years. Personally, I think they are both too arrogant to believe that they could be wrong and ultimately it is this arrogance that will destroy us. I suspect that if she continues to prop up Kean then the demonstrations will soon be aimed in her direction and rightly so.

This statement by Parsonblue is absolutely spot on,Venkys do not want to get shut of Kean because he is there puppet that they can dangle on a string and make it sing and dance to whatever tune they want.

Kean is quite happy to play pinocchio,continually tell lies and crawl out from under his rock when ever Venkys say.

This combination i am sorry to say spells disaster.

So true, her failure to act on or even acknowlegdge the issue here has torn down any distinction that existed between the two of them, she has now become part of the problem.

If this article is anything to go by, it looks as if people within the club are beginning to speak out.

Link

Edit: Apologies, link also posted by Craigman in Steve Kean thread.

The real significance of that article is that it is written by Nick Harris.

He most certainly has the ear of Mrs D to say the very least.

The real significance of that article is that it is written by Nick Harris.

He most certainly has the ear of Mrs D to say the very least.

I'm sure Roberts has lost confidence in Kean, his defense of Kean on the radio was non existent even when directly asked to "tell us why he should remain incharge" he decided to avoid any backing of the manager at all, sounded very defeated.

Archived