BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 29th October - Norwich Preview

colin

I think we're being a bit harsh here folks, especially on some of the younger players, lets be honest, 99 times out of 100, that deflection off his heel, goes harmlessly wide, definite freak job.

And the pen, should never have been, end of. If that was one of the big clubs, they'd be all over it, but because it's plucky little Blackburn, we're just plain unlucky, and that's what happens "When you are down there"

Of course I'd like to have seen us close the game out, but, just as in the Everton game, I don't think it's justifiable to blame Kean for the loss of points in this game.

...And before you Kean haters try and pile into me, No, I don't think he's upto it either, but you can't have it both ways! (Well not all the time anyway)

We played some good stuff and even the Norwich fans admit we should have won it, so credit where it's due.

That argument would be credible but for...

...his record over the preceding 29 games!

This is not just about the Norwich game. I can't believe there are still such short term views on the situation.

How much longer are you giving him, Dave? Does he deserve a crack at the 6 game "make or break" run of games after Chelsea?

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we're being a bit harsh here folks, especially on some of the younger players, lets be honest, 99 times out of 100, that deflection off his heel, goes harmlessly wide, definite freak job.

And the pen, should never have been, end of. If that was one of the big clubs, they'd be all over it, but because it's plucky little Blackburn, we're just plain unlucky, and that's what happens "When you are down there"

Of course I'd like to have seen us close the game out, but, just as in the Everton game, I don't think it's justifiable to blame Kean for the loss of points in this game.

...And before you Kean haters try and pile into me, No, I don't think he's upto it either, but you can't have it both ways! (Well not all the time anyway)

We played some good stuff and even the Norwich fans admit we should have won it, so credit where it's due.

if kean hadnt have made those stupid substitutions with still 15 mins to go

we whould have got five goals and won easily,you dont change things wene

your so much in comand of a game,do you ?

so yes i blame kean.angry.gif

sadly, this is the exact game which will be looked upon if we get relegated. Kean can be the only one to blame for turning a study respectable defense into a flimsey breakable one. Hughes had the it right with the idea of maintaing a clean sheet is prority one, do that and you will bag a win if the strikers do thier job.

Squad wise, i do belive we are on the verge of a really good side.

Kean would have to go on a 6-7 unbeaten run for me to even consider him in my good books again. unfortunatly, we have chelsea next and they dont lose 3 on the bounce, niether do they pick up 1 point from 3 games. a loss is 99% certain. they will be to to strong.

sadly, this is the exact game which will be looked upon if we get relegated. Kean can be the only one to blame for turning a study respectable defense into a flimsey breakable one. Hughes had the it right with the idea of maintaing a clean sheet is prority one, do that and you will bag a win if the strikers do thier job.

Squad wise, i do belive we are on the verge of a really good side.

Kean would have to go on a 6-7 unbeaten run for me to even consider him in my good books again. unfortunatly, we have chelsea next and they dont lose 3 on the bounce, niether do they pick up 1 point from 3 games. a loss is 99% certain. they will be to to strong.

Proper left back, hard tackling midfield and a proper striker and we would be really good.

1st goal, good hit, but closing down was awful. 2nd goal was lucky, 3rd goal, free kick and penalty both invalid.

Still, largely Kean's fault, the loss of 2 late goals is inexcusable. How anyone can be so incompetent and remain employed is unbelievable.

I forgot about that free kick

if kean hadnt have made those stupid substitutions with still 15 mins to go

we whould have got five goals and won easily,you dont change things wene

your so much in comand of a game,do you ?

so yes i blame kean.angry.gif

YOu know this to be a fact do you.

Lot's here don't want it both ways, just their own way. Just what will all these protesters do should things actually take an up turn.

:rover: All Kean has to do is set up a solid eight outfield players, give Hoilett a free role, and put the Yak up top just to keep knocking in Juniors passes - and watch what a simple game it is!

:rover:

All I asked for was eight solid players to support Junior and the Yak and the SEM muppet goes and plays Formica and Rochina WTF!

The plan should have when Hoilett and the Yak tired, then Rochina and Roberts or Goodwillie to come on to maintain the momentum with your solid eight keeping the canaries firmly in their cage.

SEM and Kean out !

Great performance. Deserved a win. Kean made the right changes at the right time. We conceded one lucky goal and one goal that was a disgrace, never a free kick, never a penalty.

Hoilett went off feeling his hamstring, Rochina should never play trying to hold a lead - too inexperienced and his first move is always to dribble no matter where on the pitch he is, and Yakubu is imobile. No complaints what-so-ever.

To the people complaining at Kean after that game: You really need to think whether you actually blame him for the draw or if you're mind is just clouded. We battered them. We stopped them from creating anything when we were 3-2 up, they never looked like equalising until we were plain cheated. If you can't see that, then you might want to pick a new sport.

What was N'zonzi doing for that penalty? Unlucky for it to be given but when the ball is in play you have to be aware of where it is or you are in big trouble. It could just as easily have landed at the feet of 1 of their players and they would have had an easy chance as our player was stood appealiong for a free kick.

Great performance. Deserved a win. Kean made the right changes at the right time. We conceded one lucky goal and one goal that was a disgrace, never a free kick, never a penalty.

Hoilett went off feeling his hamstring, Rochina should never play trying to hold a lead - too inexperienced and his first move is always to dribble no matter where on the pitch he is, and Yakubu is imobile. No complaints what-so-ever.

To the people complaining at Kean after that game: You really need to think whether you actually blame him for the draw or if you're mind is just clouded. We battered them. We stopped them from creating anything when we were 3-2 up, they never looked like equalising until we were plain cheated. If you can't see that, then you might want to pick a new sport.

Agree totally with this, and seeing as this is the Norwich thread this is the perfect post for it. There are plenty of other threads to discuss the bigger picture/Kean out/his bloody awful record over 30 odd games/protests etc.

In terms of yesterday's game I can't really complain about anything other than bad luck and bad refereeing.

That argument would be credible but for...

...his record over the preceding 29 games!

This is not just about the Norwich game. I can't believe there are still such short term views on the situation.

How much longer are you giving him, Dave? Does he deserve a crack at the 6 game "make or break" run of games after Chelsea?

Actually, this thread is...........

It's 'numpties' and as far as the ref goes, I think you might be in a very small minority of East Anglians, Dingles and Sunday Mirror match reporters there (7 out of 10!!? Bizarre).

Hand ball in the penalty area is a penalty which seems to be something thats very hard for some our supporters to understand dont know why as its clear as day.

I was at the game yesterday and to blame Kean for the goals conceded is a tad unfair, their 1st goal was a great strike, their 2nd took a massive deflection and the 3rd shouldn't of been a penalty. We were unlucky to have conceded 3, could easily have been 1 or even 0 that we conceded.

We played well yesterday and the Fonz and Rubes were the best players for us... After the Chelsea game I think we have a few fixtures which if we play as well as we did against Norwich then we could easily be up to midtable.

Fingers crossed, let's cheer the boys on!

Change your name to Sunny!

Only if it is intentional is it a penalty.

Only if its intentional well he did control the ball and then run out of the penalty area with the ball, did he not.

As for 'if its only intentional' where on earth do you get that one from.... Andy Gray!

Only if its intentional well he did control the ball and then run out of the penalty area with the ball, did he not.

As for 'if its only intentional' where on earth do you get that one from.... Andy Gray!

All the 'anti Rovers pundits' on MOTD and Soccer Sunday (the one with Kamara) agreed that it was a very harsh penalty, and most said he got it wrong, (Shearer said the ref got it wrong, and according to some wayward posters on here, he's not pro Rovers!), I don't recall any of them saying it was a penalty.

Hope that helps a bit. :D

Ball to hand = no penalty 9/10 times

Hand to ball = penalty

Simple really

Controlling the ball with your hand after the ball has hit the hand, and then you gain an unfair advantage in the penalty area, whats that ?

Lets take the same incident to the middle of the field then what would a referee give.

All the 'anti Rovers pundits' on MOTD and Soccer Sunday (the one with Kamara) agreed that it was a very harsh penalty, and most said he got it wrong, (Shearer said the ref got it wrong, and according to some wayward posters on here, he's not pro Rovers!), I don't recall any of them saying it was a penalty.

Hope that helps a bit. :D

Thats why you should never take these pundits for being 100% accurate, otherwise your going to get caught out at some point in the application to the laws of the game.

Do you believe in the last man nonsense too.

Controlling the ball with your hand after the ball has hit the hand, and then you gain an unfair advantage in the penalty area, whats that ?

Lets take the same incident to the middle of the field then what would a referee give.

Thats why you should never take these pundits for being 100% accurate, otherwise your going to get caught out at some point in the application to the laws of the game.

Well, go on, I'll take it a tad further.... what about when the 'ball to hand' penalty claims aren't given? The ref see's it but doesn't give it? Surely you can't be suggesting Nzonzi controlled the ball or gained an advantage? (This question may be the pertinent one, as it may be the viewers (our) interpretation).

Well, go on, I'll take it a tad further.... what about when the 'ball to hand' penalty claims aren't given? The ref see's it but doesn't give it? Surely you can't be suggesting Nzonzi controlled the ball or gained an advantage? (This question may be the pertinent one, as it may be the viewers (our) interpretation).

The damming bit for N'Zonzi is unfortunately, that he ran out of the penalty area with the ball. Cant see how anyone can disagree that hes gained an unfair advantage from this after the ball had hit his hand.

As for Refs not giving them, each case is different.

Archived