BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 29th October - Norwich Preview

colin

Same can be said for almost any 'incident' JAL and we all know it doesn't happen.

There is one simple thing to this and that is the ref went ' with the crowd cry of 'handball' despite the b/s he has come out with, as IMO there is not a cat in hells chance he saw it clearly (strange how the linesman didn't give it akin to the Liverpool one if it was that obvious)

As others have said though, Nzonzi was a numpty for standing like a Scarecrow in the middle of the flatlands in narwich.

It might be just me and I wasn't at the match but Nzonzi just feels to me to be our weak point/position at the moment and costing us more than anybody else.

Indeed but most refs would have awarded a free kick to him for the bloke piling into his back. I feel the ref got a hat trick of wrongs inside a minute. The free kick was harsh, ignoring the shove in the back was wrong and giving a pen could not have been and easy task. Mike Riley and Uriah Rennie must be green with envy at such ineptitude.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be just me and I wasn't at the match but Nzonzi just feels to me to be our weak point/position at the moment and costing us more than anybody else.

Sorry but I don't undertstand your opinion at all. N'Zonzi is a strong player for us. He is our lynch pin in midfield. He stands out like a rock amongst a bunch of lightweights who don't have a tackle in em. He is the only one who can put a foot in proper without being on the treatment bench for the next s1x weeks. Who would you replace him with Vucevic? Keefy? :rolleyes:

Pretty much like the trip to Pune then Tris. :rolleyes:

Just as an aside why do you tolerate godawful managers and yet criticise proper ones who get results Tris? You openly backed the useless Paul Ince and now you want us to tolerate Kean. Both of whom do not possess the necessary qualities to ever be succesful managers at this level. I'd hardly say you were bothered about the greater good and showing a united front when you constantly vilified the 'fat slug' who actually did manage to make Ewood a fortress and off a nigh on impossible budget too.

Football is the ultimate results based business Tris plain and simple. Constantly mystifies me why so many struggle with that.

You've completely ignored the angle / point of what I posted, and you've quoted two words which I have never used together about the last manager (use the search function to find the quote if you are so sure). As you've also already said you no longer go to games I'll just stick to supporting the team regardless of who sits in the dugout and ignore your attempts to provoke.

Agreed... but it was 10 times more a penalty than the one awarded to Everton in August. That was damned good defending by Samba penalised wrongly just cos Fellaini didn't even jump. Saturdays ref got it wrong fair enough but Lee Mason's judgement should ensure that his Premier League days are behind him. Prob would have done too if it had happened to MU.

I don't know whether I'm paranoid, biased or both, but during the calendar year of 2011 I have witnessed 5 extremely debatable (bordering on bizarre) penalties, all given against us, 3 of which were in the last minute of games and cost us points. Fulham away (last season), Blackpool (home), Everton (home, this season), Newcastle (home, LC) and now Norwich (away).

Don't get me wrong, we have had a couple of soft ones ourselves during the same period and one, perhaps two, that could/should have been given but weren't, so you could tenuously argue that it evens itself out. Except it doesn't, when it's so late in the game that you can't come back from it.

But we're not really just talking about harsh penalties here - we are talking about really baffling decisions that any half reasonable person would find virtually impossible to justify.

When we are already trying to counter incompetence from within (Kean/Venkys) the last thing we need are a raft of decisions like this.

I could just see the reaction if the 5 decisions I've outlined were all given against one of the 'big clubs'

Sorry but I don't undertstand your opinion at all. N'Zonzi is a strong player for us. He is our lynch pin in midfield. He stands out like a rock amongst a bunch of lightweights who don't have a tackle in em. He is the only one who can put a foot in proper without being on the treatment bench for the next s1x weeks. Who would you replace him with Vucevic? Keefy? :rolleyes:

I knew some wouldn't theno and I'm more than happy for people to put me right and expected as much and I don't have an answer really as to who would replace him with our misjointed misfits at the moment.

As I said I didn't see the game Saturday but my opinion is not just based on one match as I commented a few weeks back also. I just feel he has cost us goals with his bad positioning and what I see as lack of influence in the game ie he only appears to be getting into games after half time.

I like Nzonzi and agree he is the only one that would appear to be able to put a foot in, but think imo he needs to step up a gear and show us what he is actually capable of rather than letting the games appear to pass him by.

Yeah he's the only tackler in our midfield, we'd been stuffed without him.

You've completely ignored the angle / point of what I posted, and you've quoted two words which I have never used together about the last manager (use the search function to find the quote if you are so sure). As you've also already said you no longer go to games I'll just stick to supporting the team regardless of who sits in the dugout and ignore your attempts to provoke.

Tris that was not an attempt to provoke at all. Why would I do that? I know you, I like you and I respect you and usually share your opinions too, but don't for one minute be so pompous as to think you are above criticism or that only your opinion is valid. (There is of course only one person on here who can justifyably claim that.... and you are talking to him. :P )

Merely pointing out that you now want everyone to back Kean like you wanted us to back Ince but constantly opposed a. Allardyce's link with us early on and b. his appointment after Ince.

btw.. I do hope you weren't one of the Facebook warriors!

btw As for 'fat slug' you are right but Abbey has misquoted you so often that it's stuck. Search facility doesn't work btw so feel free to correct me on how you described the bloke who without doubt saved us from relegation 3 years ago.

Tris that was not an attempt to provoke at all. Why would I do that? I know you, I like you and I respect you and usually share your opinions too, but don't for one minute be so pompous as to think you are above criticism or that only your opinion is valid. (There is of course only one person on here who can justifyably claim that.... and you are talking to him. :P )

Merely pointing out that you now want everyone to back Kean like you wanted us to back Ince but constantly opposed a. Allardyce's link with us early on and b. his appointment after Ince.

btw.. I do hope you weren't one of the Facebook warriors!

btw As for 'fat slug' you are right but Abbey has misquoted you so often that it's stuck. Search facility doesn't work btw so feel free to correct me on how you described the bloke who without doubt saved us from relegation 3 years ago.

I'm absolutely not saying what you have written above!!

I'm saying that if by Swansea (H) - Dec 3rd he's not been potted then people will need to think about the effect prolonging any protests will have. That is very different to "now wanting everyone to back Kean" which is what you have written! For the record I personally think he should be long gone. However he's still here and we need to win some games.

BTW - Abbey never has misquoted me as above. You have, 47er has and John has. I keep lists you know :rolleyes:

BTW - Abbey never has misquoted me as above. You have, 47er has and John has. I keep lists you know :rolleyes:

So to recap you simply described Allardyce as 'a slug' and not 'a fat slug'? I'm sure Sam would have been so much happier with that description. I must say you're talents have been wasted Tris, the Diplomatic Service is crying out for people like you. ^_^

So to recap you simply described Allardyce as 'a slug' and not 'a fat slug'? I'm sure Sam would have been so much happier with that description. I must say you're talents have been wasted Tris, the Diplomatic Service is crying out for people like you. ^_^

I'd be careful if was you Gordon, Tris has talents in other areas, just ask Jim and 47er :rolleyes:

...or that only your opinion is valid. (There is of course only one person on here who can justifyably claim that.... and you are talking to him. :P )

Search facility doesn't work btw so feel free to correct me on how you described the bloke who without doubt saved us from relegation 3 years ago.

Your opinion is wrong re the search engine and it shows you misquoted Tris :)

I agree mate. In the last two seasons I have seen Mason ruin two potentially good games at Ewood (Wigan and Everton) through a sheer lack of understanding of the game. Sometimes referees can help the flow of the game by being selective and allowing some physical contact. Mason doesn't appreciate this.

Lee Mason's mantra regarding these type of decisions is 'never let them down' 'always give them what they want'.

The Blackburn end v Everton, twice, the Darwen end, Everton once, and now the Norwich end, you cant deny Lee Mason gave them all they wanted and never let them down.

Your opinion is wrong re the search engine and it shows you misquoted Tris :)

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/20232-sam-allardyce/page__view__findpost__p__754837

My mistake indeed Don. It must have been bust before I was banned I guess. Just shows never to assume eh? So it wasn't fat slug used to describe Allardyce at all it was actually 'prehistoric, gum chewing slug'. My mistake although I'm not sure which is the bigger insult. I still think the diplomatic service is missing a trick in not employing Tris.

Interesting post though, especially the bit about driving support away (how wrong can one be when ST sales were actually rising compared to this years sales just 6 months after sacking old sluggy? :o ). Oh and the replies are interesting too. Funny how quickly things can turn around eh? Who'd have thought then when we were dining at the Captains table and bickering about trivialities and pensionable players that the good ship BRFC was on a direct collision course with a massive iceberg. :(

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/20232-sam-allardyce/page__view__findpost__p__754837

My mistake indeed Don. It must have been bust before I was banned I guess. Just shows never to assume eh? So it wasn't fat slug used to describe Allardyce at all it was actually 'prehistoric, gum chewing slug'. My mistake although I'm not sure which is the bigger insult. I still think the diplomatic service is missing a trick in not employing Tris.

Interesting post though, especially the bit about driving support away (how wrong can one be when ST sales were actually rising compared to this years sales just 6 months after sacking old sluggy? :o ). Oh and the replies are interesting too. Funny how quickly things can turn around eh? Who'd have thought then when we were dining at the Captains table and bickering about trivialities and pensionable players that the good ship BRFC was on a direct collision course with a massive iceberg. :(

Intereresting reading that thread again :rolleyes:

Yes! Tris has asked me to apologise for suggesting that he called Sam a fat slug!

It appears I was way out of order and he "only" called Sam a slug!!!

I'd be careful if was you Gordon, Tris has talents in other areas, just ask Jim and 47er :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm really cowed into silence by Tris' genius. :rolleyes:

Might be worth saving a few posts and compile a list or two.

Gav enjoys that sort of thing :rolleyes:

Alan Nixon has mentioned something about a Kean story for the Blackburn fans on twitter. Any ideas?... Or has this been discussed?

Its saying that Kean has been renting property in the area, but is now looking to buy and settle, as Nicko points out, hardly the sign of someone about to be dumped on the dole

Its saying that Kean has been renting property in the area, but is now looking to buy and settle, as Nicko points out, hardly the sign of someone about to be dumped on the dole

Also cheap and easy meaningless words as nobody does a house purchase quickly.

If he doesn't own a house in the area by January (horrible thought of him still being at Ewood by then) nobody is going to add this one to the lengthy list of lies are they?

Also cheap and easy meaningless words as nobody does a house purchase quickly.

If he doesn't own a house in the area by January (horrible thought of him still being at Ewood by then) nobody is going to add this one to the lengthy list of lies are they?

Dunno if this has been posted but strong rumours suggest that he's bought Dunny's house on Brockhall Village.

Archived