BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 29th October - Norwich Preview

colin

• Backroom

Why is N'Zonzi throwing his arms up in the air when the whistle hasn't gone and there's no indication the ball has gone out of play? Even if he does feel he's been fouled that's the wrong time to start appealing.

Obviously the penalty decision was a joke, but that's refereeing in the premier league for you. N'Zonzi shouldn't have given the ref a chance to make the inevitable massive mistake.

I said earlier in this thread I'm tired of us shipping goals and even though Norwich's last two were fortunate I still see conceding goals as our weakest point, and it'll be our defensive lapses that ultimately cost us our premier league place this season.

It did make me laugh on Soccer Saturday when Stelling said something along the lines of "isn't Steve Kean right when he says Blackburn have good attacking options on the wings?" and not one of the gormless idiots on the "panel" had the sense to point out our attacking force is rendered meaningless if the team are leaking goals defensively.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The substitutions and tactical changes to the team shape were suicidal. Protecting the lead? We were all over the place. Bloody joke, absolutely seething watching this now.

I was all ready to give Kean a chance because of recent improvements, but this has done it for me.

KEAN OUT

The substitutions and tactical changes to the team shape were suicidal. Protecting the lead? We were all over the place. Bloody joke, absolutely seething watching this now.

I was all ready to give Kean a chance because of recent improvements, but this has done it for me.

KEAN OUT

Sounds very much like Wednesday in terms of tactical nous, he almost lost us that game with the introduction of Hanley.

You can say it was bad luck yesterday, nobody can argue with that, but poor defending once again cost us and that's not down to bad luck.

Sounds very much like Wednesday in terms of tactical nous, he almost lost us that game with the introduction of Hanley.

You can say it was bad luck yesterday, nobody can argue with that, but poor defending once again cost us and that's not down to bad luck.

Exactly.

First goal: Horrible marking. So much time and space for him to shoot, 3 of our players weren't even marking anyone.

Second goal: He brought Petrovic one and almost with his first touch of the game, he fails to intercept a pass and the Norwich player is allowed to shoot and score off the deflection.

Third goal: We just kept inviting pressure from them because the shape of our team was all over the place.

No excuses. If we lose to Chelsea we're going to be adrift at the foot of the table. If Chelsea thrash us will the owners finally pull the trigger?

Second goal: He brought Petrovic one and almost with his first touch of the game, he fails to intercept a pass and the Norwich player is allowed to shoot and score off the deflection.

He did intercept the pass! Unfortunately it rebounded back to the same player. I dont rate Petrovic at all on the evidence so far but I dont think he can be blamed for that.

I'm a complete mixture of emotions at the minute. On one hand I've been a big critic of Kean from the start and the fact we threw a 3-1 lead away arguably epitomises his bad management.

On the other hand, in parts yesterday, we were great, and looked like a team comfortably pushing for the Europa places. At times we kept the ball brilliantly and played some great football. And we were done over by a fluke goal and a terrible decision.

I dont know what to think at the minute.

He did intercept the pass! Unfortunately it rebounded back to the same player. I dont rate Petrovic at all on the evidence so far but I dont think he can be blamed for that.

I'm a complete mixture of emotions at the minute. On one hand I've been a big critic of Kean from the start and the fact we threw a 3-1 lead away arguably epitomises his bad management.

On the other hand, in parts yesterday, we were great, and looked like a team comfortably pushing for the Europa places. At times we kept the ball brilliantly and played some great football. And we were done over by a fluke goal and a terrible decision.

I dont know what to think at the minute.

If you add to that feeling bl**dy miserable - you pretty much sum up how I feel.

For me Chelsea is a key match - if we can get a point then maybe we are starting to genuinely build up the momentum that Kean keeps bleating on about. Before the match I would have settled for a point - and considering how well Norwich have started this season - it would have been a well earned point. At the moment though - it is just two points dropped - rather than one gained.

At the moment - I would say that Kean is getting some players to play to near their peak - and that is of credit to him. BUT he just can't seem to get the defensive side sorted at all - and as many have remarked we won't stay up if we can't start to keep some clean sheets.

The only good thing that might come of this is maybe our players won't stop playing and flail around "appealing" for a foul. Kean used it as justification in his presser, like it was an acceptable and ok think to do. Does everyone do it? Yes. Is it annoying every time? Yes. Play the game, let the ref blow the whistle, maybe don't get handball calls in the box anymore. Dumb.

No one appears to have criticised Lowe for turning his back on the shot. A proper girly trick and something that years ago when football was proper was drummed into us not to do at a very early age.

btw Never mind the pen I'm not sure the free kick which led to it was all that valid.

Agreed

I predicted somewhere we will have 11 points at xmas. I`m sticking to that.

I believe you are being a bit generous myself.

His history against the teams we play point a far gloomier prediction. If we had not spawned that win against Arsenal we would be in a hideous state.

I believe you are being a bit generous myself.

His history against the teams we play point a far gloomier prediction. If we had not spawned that win against Arsenal we would be in a hideous state.

Ironic that the only win so far this season could turn out to be our most damning result... :(

Ironic that the only win so far this season could turn out to be our most damning result... :(

Its funny how history works that way.

I can't find the necessary information, but isn't Kean getting close to the worst win ratio of any Premier League manager since its inception ?

I know he has blown Rovers managers out of the water already. It's an abomination that this slack jawed abortion makes Ince look decent.

I was at the game yesterday and to blame Kean for the goals conceded is a tad unfair, their 1st goal was a great strike, their 2nd took a massive deflection and the 3rd shouldn't of been a penalty. We were unlucky to have conceded 3, could easily have been 1 or even 0 that we conceded.

We played well yesterday and the Fonz and Rubes were the best players for us... After the Chelsea game I think we have a few fixtures which if we play as well as we did against Norwich then we could easily be up to midtable.

Fingers crossed, let's cheer the boys on!

Its funny how history works that way.

I can't find the necessary information, but isn't Kean getting close to the worst win ratio of any Premier League manager since its inception ?

I know he has blown Rovers managers out of the water already. It's an abomination that this slack jawed abortion makes Ince look decent.

This needs updating but he's only got worse since...

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/2011-09-15/how-steve-keans-record-compares-worst-premier-league-managers-ever

EDIT: reading some of the comments below it, I think I've worked out why Shearer want to give him more time. :rolleyes:

No one appears to have criticised Lowe for turning his back on the shot. A proper girly trick and something that years ago when football was proper was drummed into us not to do at a very early age.

btw Never mind the pen I'm not sure the free kick which led to it was all that valid.

Yeah I saw that as well, absolutely terrible body position for that block, really half hearted attempt. Nearly as bad as the first goal , where's the defensive midfielder filling up the "D" ? As for the last goal we got oldheaded by an ex-Rochdale donkey for the free kick, Nzonzi stands in the six yard box with his arms out like a schoolboy without a clue where the ball is when it's the last minute of the game, could you see Hendrey or Moran defending like that ?

I saw the second half on Sky later last night and what worried me was that Norwich out-enthused us for most of the half and we were second to too many 50/50 balls throughout the game. For me it's still the soft centre of a midfield with no tackling ability that's killing us. we're missing J Jones badly.

I'm not too down hearted, I'd have taken a draw at 3.00 but it felt like a loss at 4.55. We're not out of it yet but we need to get a defensive midfielder in the window.Cattermole from Sunderland on loan anybody ? He seems out of favour there.

I think we're being a bit harsh here folks, especially on some of the younger players, lets be honest, 99 times out of 100, that deflection off his heel, goes harmlessly wide, definite freak job.

And the pen, should never have been, end of. If that was one of the big clubs, they'd be all over it, but because it's plucky little Blackburn, we're just plain unlucky, and that's what happens "When you are down there"

Of course I'd like to have seen us close the game out, but, just as in the Everton game, I don't think it's justifiable to blame Kean for the loss of points in this game.

...And before you Kean haters try and pile into me, No, I don't think he's upto it either, but you can't have it both ways! (Well not all the time anyway)

We played some good stuff and even the Norwich fans admit we should have won it, so credit where it's due.

• Moderation Lead

1st goal, good hit, but closing down was awful. 2nd goal was lucky, 3rd goal, free kick and penalty both invalid.

Still, largely Kean's fault, the loss of 2 late goals is inexcusable. How anyone can be so incompetent and remain employed is unbelievable.

Archived