BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Club Statement

Hughesy

Maybe we should issue a counter statement. Along the lines of whilst we the fans appreciate that the club recognises we have concerns, how about doing something about it. We all want what is best for the club and the protests are borne out of sheer frustration at what is one if our worst starts to a season in our illustrious history. They are not an attempt to cause harm on the club. The manager and poorly advised statements we get continue to be quite able to that for themselves.

everytime they issue a bullshit statement, it is just a further re-iteration that they are paying no attention to what we are protesting about. and also, that they are totally clueless as to the bigger picture. if they had even half a brain cell between the 3 of em, they would have shut of kean a month ago....cause any owner worth their salt, would know that we desperately need a change.

venkys not listening, well you're gonna get some of it too.

Exactly , it's a like it lump it moment!!!!

Message to the venky forum reader!!!

I AM NOT NOW OR EVER WILL BE A MEMBER of your pathetic family.

I a rover family member and want us to the best we can and you Pillocks are killing us!!! Now shove your statement up where the sun don't shine.

If the Club statement had said '' Look we've been bombarded with phone calls, emails, text messages, faxes that look like ransom notes,stalkers, people who think there are underground escape routes out of Ewood blah blah blah and they've all come from someone called Rovers_78* something or other so please give us a feckin break'' it would have given credibilty to their statement and gathered a degree of sympathy.

It may be just me, but the way I read it the statement is trying to draw a dividing line between a "section of supporters" who wish to protest and those who applauded the team off against Tottenham and backed them again on Wednesday.

Although well crafted, and I agree with Glenn that is doesn't read like the usual PR from Rovers, it does come over as rather patronising. We acknowledge your right to protest, we've allowed you to do so twice, but now it's time to unite.

In suggesting that it is a section of supporters who are unhappy it would appear to be following the same line as Kean but this is done with a little more subtlety.

As I say, it may be just me reading more into it than there actually is but it seems strange to issue a statement like this on a Friday afternoon before an away game. It's not like there are going to be thousands of us at Carrow Road, indeed, I would think this will be one of our smaller away followings.

Perhaps it is the first move to prohibit a protest at the Chelsea match? The Raos are allegedly going to be in attendance so maybe they're laying the groundwork to prevent the owners from being embarassed.

Archived