BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Kean Out Plane

chris

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At Brownhill roundabout there used to be a video shop. It now has large adverts in the windows including an electronic scrolling one. It targets all the traffic on Whalley New Road. Granted it's quite a 'local' thing but it's probably the busiest roundabout in Blackburn bar Whitebirk.

A scrolling message along the lines of Venkys - You're a disgrace or - honk your horn if you want Kean out. Would certainly get the attention of both motorists and media.

Think it's around £60 a week or something.

At Brownhill roundabout there used to be a video shop. It now has large adverts in the windows including an electronic scrolling one. It targets all the traffic on Whalley New Road. Granted it's quite a 'local' thing but it's probably the busiest roundabout in Blackburn bar Whitebirk.

A scrolling message along the lines of Venkys - You're a disgrace or - honk your horn if you want Kean out. Would certainly get the attention of both motorists and media.

Think it's around £60 a week or something.

See this quite often and a good idea. Also get media involved.

Guys we do know about it. But we are not endorsing it do much so we will be distancing ourselves from it should it happen. The plane idea has had its day. It was neither a success or a failure. It was a gimmick to get around the banner ban by the club!

Personally I don't think it should be done again. For no other reason than it will cause more harm than good. I am still 100% for Keans removal. Along with any future events I will continue to work with Glen on these. However we need to be original not keep repeating things we have done previously.

See this quite often and a good idea. Also get media involved.

Quite a few commuters travelling towards Clitheroe/Whalley come off the M65 at Whitebirk to go through Wilpshire and Langho. Probably sounds illogical but quite a few of my friends and I have found that at peak times, going on to the next junction can often take longer on the exit stages. Wonder if any travellers relevant to our concerns take the same route?

Guys we do know about it. But we are not endorsing it do much so we will be distancing ourselves from it should it happen. The plane idea has had its day. It was neither a success or a failure. It was a gimmick to get around the banner ban by the club!

Personally I don't think it should be done again. For no other reason than it will cause more harm than good. I am still 100% for Keans removal. Along with any future events I will continue to work with Glen on these. However we need to be original not keep repeating things we have done previously.

also there need to be a big push for justification.

Steve Kean out didn't mean much.

the why is the most important part

cheers for clearing that up,We should do the plane thing when the venkys are here rather than waste the money.

I'm at the point where I think only murder will change things. I don't condone such violence like a mob of fans running onto the pitch and beating up Kean, or throwing bricks at Anderson, but that seems to be the only way the Raos will change their mind. We can think of all sorts of novel and ingenious ways to protest, but the (alleged) crooks that run this shambles will not listen. I cannot suggest any new way of protesting, as it will just be ignored by the ____s who own us.

Anyone see the "Readers Letter (sic)" in today's LT?

Gentleman by the name of Ken Holden shares his thoughts in response to a Mr Fish.

Here is a flavour of his comments:

- Demonstrations are accelerating us towards relegation

- [The flyover] must have been paid for by a Burnley fan

- I hated the football played by Sam Allardyce

- [in respect of the availability of better managers] out of work and high calibre don't normally go together

- Building a young team playing entertaining football was a risk well worth taking

- Miserable atmosphere created by the demonstrations

- I just hope the young players and the team can continue to improve and pull us clear of relegation.

Well Mr Holden, you are a plant pot. You carry on with your hoping and sanctimony, thumbing your nose at people who actually give a ###### about the future of the club. Maybe in your deluded world, Venkys and their appointed manager and advisors, are doing the best for the club.

Another thing if this letter is representative of the feelings of the majority then we don't deserve a Premier League club and we may as well already be down.

If it's not representative it merely serves as a reminder of the cosy relationship the LT enjoy with the club to print such views.

Ken Out

Gentleman by the name of Ken Holden shares his thoughts in response to a Mr Fish.

- [in respect of the availability of better managers] out of work and high calibre don't normally go together

- Building a young team playing entertaining football was a risk well worth taking

- I just hope the young players and the team can continue to improve and pull us clear of relegation.

Well Mr Holden, you are a plant pot. You carry on with your hoping and sanctimony, thumbing your nose at people who actually give a ###### about the future of the club. Maybe in your deluded world, Venkys and their appointed manager and advisors, are doing the best for the club.

Another thing if this letter is representative of the feelings of the majority then we don't deserve a Premier League club and we may as well already be down.

If it's not representative it merely serves as a reminder of the cosy relationship the LT enjoy with the club to print such views.

Ken Out

yeah that was in reply to my letter which was printed on tuesday, which was my reply to his equally stupid letter last weekend. I have wrote back so this could go on until the telegraph give over printing us lol

yeah that was in reply to my letter which was printed on tuesday, which was my reply to his equally stupid letter last weekend. I have wrote back so this could go on until the telegraph give over printing us lol

Trouble is Mark, much like with our owners/manager, it doesn't matter what you say you will never win the argument.

Worse still the 'I told you so moment' will only come when we are relegated and go into administration and NO-ONE wants that. So these Ken-types can sit very happily in their Ivory Tower taking the moral high ground as "good Rovers fans" without any comeback.

If these people vented half as much AT Kean/Venkys as they do AGAINST their fellow Rovers fans, he'd probably be gone by now!!

Ken Out

Ken's argument is just ill thought out rubbish and factually incorrect.

Yes because we were doing great before them Ken. We've actually gained our only win during the protests.

I think Ken needs to have a lie down. He will find that on the Burnley forums they are saying things like KEAN IN, and that he's doing a great job. No Burnley fan would say Kean Out at the moment. So Ken, it's you who are siding with the Burnley fans.

It wasn't great at times but you can't argue with winning points and the end of season position.

He is statistically the worst manager in our history Ken. So you don't think there's another manager around better? What a load of bull!

Stupid comment. For a club like Rovers being ran very soundly, there shouldn't have been any risks. It should have been a steady rebuild. You can't change things to something completely different overnight.

You obviously don't go to many games. Under Steve Keans management the atmosphere hasn't been pleasant regardless of the demonstrations. There's only been demo's at a handful of games.

Under Steve Kean that won't happen. I point you to the statistics that you obviously are not aware of - or are ignoring.

I'm in Bangkok. The plane has been on TV here via Premier League TV every day since it happened - India will have seen it. It was tremendously effective.

That sort of protest was due to circumstances and maybe was a one off - the timing was right.

Today I had a look at this MB between 12 noon to 1 pm Bkk time (5am to 6am UK) - there were between 5 or 10 members logged in. There were just under 400 guests logged most of the time until the UK woke up, I mean got out of bed - I'm sure the guys who run this MB can trace the traffic. I had a look at what the 'guests' were looking at...

I'm in Bangkok. The plane has been on TV here via Premier League TV every day since it happened - India will have seen it. It was tremendously effective.

That sort of protest was due to circumstances and maybe was a one off - the timing was right.

Today I had a look at this MB between 12 noon to 1 pm Bkk time (5am to 6am UK) - there were between 5 or 10 members logged in. There were just under 400 guests logged most of the time until the UK woke up, I mean got out of bed - I'm sure the guys who run this MB can trace the traffic. I had a look at what the 'guests' were looking at...

I think the problem is that a lot of fans felt that it outstayed its welcome as the game was still being played at that time. Also a lot of fans in the ground wouldn't have been thinking of the bigger message it was sending out, just the message during the game. So I can understand the protestors not wanting to alienate the rest of the fan base. That said if the club continue with it's ban on banners and pre-game protests I can't see any other way of doing it.

But I still stand by my belief that Steve Kean will continue to deliver poor results and eventually every fan will come to their senses. And on that day a huge spontaneous protest will happen.

It's interesting that in Bangkok it's one of the main headlines on the PL channel though.

Regardless of whether anyone Kean in or out. This is unprecedented at BRFC.

I think the problem is that a lot of fans felt that it outstayed its welcome as the game was still being played at that time. Also a lot of fans in the ground wouldn't have been thinking of the bigger message it was sending out, just the message during the game. So I can understand the protestors not wanting to alienate the rest of the fan base. That said if the club continue with it's ban on banners and pre-game protests I can't see any other way of doing it.

But I still stand by my belief that Steve Kean will continue to deliver poor results and eventually every fan will come to their senses. And on that day a huge spontaneous protest will happen.

It's interesting that in Bangkok it's one of the main headlines on the PL channel though.

Regardless of whether anyone Kean in or out. This is unprecedented at BRFC.

It did go on for a long time and on TV it sounded like a 'drone' noise for about 20 mins. Live it was on 3 times but it has been shown on most review/fanzone type programmes - saw it today twice. PL do loads of TV with live games, previews, reviews etc etc non stop and they go world wide. Individual countries select ther own package - I think we get the lot here.

The day a Club bans Fans from expressing their view is the day a Club starts to die. The plane idea was great but its a one off.

We're at a watershed now - Kean has games that he has to win or get some points from. The table doesn't lie - we are in in mess after 11, he has to get results on the board over the next 6 or 7 including Cardiff or its game over - apart from the intranscience of the Rao's but I suspect that will become clear over time.

What's happening to the Club you and I love - Blackburn Rovers - has got nothing to do with football.

It's nothing personal from the Rao's - it's business.

I know a lot of these threads are turning into one common denominator now but one of the problems we have regarding our poor start to the season is that a lot of fans saw it coming. We haven't strengthened the squad and if anything we are weaker than the team than beat Wolves on last chance Sunday or whatever it was called. Yet there were people saying give him more time. Give him the transfer window. Let him bed in his signings. Give him 10 games. All that extra benefit of what little doubt there was has been eroded away.

So more and more people are saying enough is enough, it's him or me, and attendances are falling. Unbelievably there are, even now, still people who are saying give him more time, keep the faith. After the next six games - unless we get a majority of wins - it will be too late. We are already relying on other clubs to keep us up.

Then up pop people like Ken Holden who, upon relegation being confirmed, will no doubt write to the LT to sarcastically thank the protesters for destroying 'his' club.

Well Ken, (Please don't use that word again) you very much for doing your bit to help make it happen.

Archived