BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Kean Out Plane

chris

ok ossy, thats ur view, they are not a waste of time because people care enough to take part in them, i have taken part in all of them and i am a law-abiding citizen, they are only dwindling because the venkys wont listen, people are fed up with it all doesnt mean people are changing their views, i will go to the next protest if there is one.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty obvious the protests are a complete waste of time now and the dwindling numbers taking part prove a lot of people agree with this sentiment. It's also obvious to me that some people there yesterday were more interested in protesting than the

Listen, I want Kean out of the club as much as anyone, all I am saying is that these protests are not having the desired effect at all.

What is the solution? I really have no idea, I haven't felt this deflated about our club in my 20 odd years of supporting them.

surely something is better than nothing

It's pretty obvious the protests are a complete waste of time now and the dwindling numbers taking part prove a lot of people agree with this sentiment. It's also obvious to me that some people there yesterday were more interested in protesting than the match itself.

Listen, I want Kean out of the club as much as anyone, all I am saying is that these protests are not having the desired effect at all.

What is the solution? I really have no idea, I haven't felt this deflated about our club in my 20 odd years of supporting them.

So your answer is to sit tight with fingers crossed and criticize the ones trying to make a difference?

I agree with some of what you say about the sort of people protesting, but if more of the mature fan base actually stood up to be counted, the protests would hold more water for me.

i believe, that the average fan dont read as much about the club, as those who have a daily trip to these forums. With that in mind, i thinks its fair to assume, that thoss wo arent up to date, with the things going on, only look at the table and how we play. Again i feel its fair to assume, that those looking at the table, will feel its still early in the season and things are still salvageable. Im guessing thats the reason why protest has lacked in numbers..

iirc ince was fired 17 games into the season, thats aprox half a season and as such a time where fans begin to worry, if things are going bad. It seems logical to evaluate after half a season, so imo, the protest will only reach the required heights, when we approach that time.

i applaud those doing the protests and those who try make a difference.

they are only dwindling because the venkys wont listen

Erm yes that's exactly my point

So your answer is to sit tight with fingers crossed and criticize the ones trying to make a difference?

Certainly not no, as I admitted above though I have no idea now what is the best course of action to take. It's clear that protesting to an empty pitch and some stewards is not working though.

Fair enough and fair play to you. I personally think a mass protest will happen spontaneously but it may be too little too late when it does happen.

What you have to understand is that Glen M has been told a lot of things about the club by top officials off the record, and it's quite terrifying. It's not just the manager but the way the club is being run, the disease runs far deeper. And if Kean is to be believed only a handful of fans care.

Just to echo my personal thoughts and others on a different board. The plane was ill timed and desruptive, i noticed givet and other players looking up, it was an un needed distraction at a time when we were on the front foot.

I agree that it was ill timed, but when the security team at the ground string the protestors along (who up to that point had been quite open and helpful with the club) and end up provoking the fans, they are going to kick out in other ways. They left them no choice but to do something like that. That's what happens when people feel they haven't a voice, they do anything they can to be heard. After all they effectively silenced the fans.

Surely no one can see that silencing the fans is a good thing, even if you're in disagreement with the protests. Where does that kind of thing end?

• Backroom

We weren't going to beat Chelsea anyway so it doesn't matter. If it had been the Wigan match I'd agree bad timing, but Chelsea? I expected nothing out of that game anyway. Besides, I doubt Grant Hanley was thinking of the aeroplane when he kicked the ball directly at a prone Petr Cech in the one chance that could have and should have drawn us level.

I'll generalise all I want, a lot of the people taking part in th protests are an embarrassment to the club, end of story.

It's never wrong to protest against something you believe in.

I'm proud to say I demonstrated against Bush and Blair's war in Iraq. I'm proud to say I protested outside Twickenham against the South African Rugby Tour in 1969 and spent time demonstrating in Trafalgar Square to free Nelson Mandella.

If I lived anywhere near Blackburn I'd be demonstrating against the shambles that has become Blackburn Rovers.

And to you anti-demonstrators or otherwise apathetic fans, do you honestly believe fans of other clubs who were in the same position as Rovers would quietly be accepting their fate.

It looks like we're stuck till relegation and beyond with Venky's ( who genuinely know less about football than my wife who actually hates football and professes to know nothing about it - scary isn't it ?) and Kean ( who professes to be a manager but actually has less experience of managing a club than our local pub team manager - scary isn't it? )

So to you protesters out there, don't be disheartened. I, for one, don't think you're an embarrassment.

next time a crop sprayer should be hired and cover kean in chicken ######

Trouble is in the papers the following day Kean will say " as you saw yesterday , the supporters of the club hired a plane to shower gifts on me in appreciation of the best football that they have seen in years"

Certainly not no, as I admitted above though I have no idea now what is the best course of action to take. It's clear that protesting to an empty pitch and some stewards is not working though.

Difficult one Ossy, I'll grant you that, but until another viable option becomes apparent I support the protests and will attend when possible.

You could say 1 million people marching against the Iraq war didn't work, but people wanted be heard, and from that point of view the protest was a success.

In response to the title, I couldn't care if it had been done before, it was a funny way of getting round the banner ban. And to respond to those saying the protests are embarrassing for the club, well fans need to say that what is going on is not good enough and the Rao's sheer stupidity has forced such actions. The league table and Kean's barmy comments after matches are worse for the club.

What makes me laugh is that Steve Kean reckons he did not notice the plane flying over Ewood - another prime example of his lies, only this time not on oath!

If he says that, and reckons that the fans will believe that, then he really is trying to take you lot for gullible mugs!

You lot? Excuse me but I thought you were a part of us lot?

I'm sure you'll -1 this anyway to hide your error.

What makes me laugh is that Steve Kean reckons he did not notice the plane flying over Ewood - another prime example of his lies, only this time not on oath!

If he says that, and reckons that the fans will believe that, then he really is trying to take you lot for gullible mugs!

Y has your English just become perfect?

Archived