BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Kean Out Plane

chris

I think people are frustrated with his results so far Will and who can blame them, at any other club he'd be down the road by now.

You're spot on about the next few games, we could see things gathering pace, but it shouldn’t have gotten to this stage and I also agree with your point a few pages back, performances have been better.

Cheers Gav, yeh he should have gone a long time ago, but he hasnt so we can only hope things do improve.

That does look like what is happening despite the results. I just hope we do get the results soon.

If we lose at Wigan i can see the same reaction from the fans as what happened to Ince. That day it was the whole section of fans and not just a few hundred.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, the only way he will go is by the results he achieves. Yes they have been woefull, but i think the next few weeks are going to be he key. Playing games at home aginst teams we should be beating. I think youll find that the whole ground will be in unison if we dont get the results we should.

The whole ground really should be in unison NOW, its not about the kind of football played, its about balance within a team and where results count, we are found wanting, we cant stop conceeding goals, I have posted this before, we had one of the best defences in the league, we were tight and compact and despite all the signings, we have become very easy to beat as we are weak as a defensive unit and that means throughout the team, Barcelona, Man U, both Milan clubs and the German natioinal team have one theing in common, a work ethic both in attacking and defensively, when defending, the whole team defends as a unit, we dont do that (Hoilett for the goal yesterday is a prime example) this has been the same since pre season, we are not learning and untikl our midfielders (central and wide) learn to get behind the ball and keep a good shape when the opposition attack, we are stuffed.

The defence hasnt changed from last year, indeed we have added Dann, so what is the reason? got to be the way we set the team up for games, cant be anything else.

• Backroom

The defence hasnt changed from last year, indeed we have added Dann, so what is the reason? got to be the way we set the team up for games, cant be anything else.

This is quite obvious, Kelbo, and I'm surprised more people can't see this. The players are quite obviously playing for Kean but as long as he's their manager they will always be at a disadvantage because tactically he so often sets us up to fail. We do play some nice attacking stuff - how can we not with Hoilett, Olsson, and Rochina in the team? - but defensively we are a shambles and our goals against column and lack of ability to keep a clean sheet reflects this.

I think people are frustrated with his results so far Will and who can blame them, at any other club he'd be down the road by now.

You're spot on about the next few games, we could see things gathering pace, but it shouldn’t have gotten to this stage and I also agree with your point a few pages back, performances have been better.

Next few games will be too late. There's enough evidence now.

Already been pointed out that his record this season is much worse than last season.

Time to go into the eternal cycle:

easier games coming up, give him till then.

soon be January window, let's see who he could sign

c'mn, new players need time to bed in, don't write them off after a handful of games FFS

no point sacking him now, too much disruption for the players, they need to concentrate on the last remaining set of fixtures.

As I've said many times, plenty of people are willing to consider his sacking but never now!

Back to the plane:

A pal of mine who works in hospitality managed to ask Junior a couple of questions and has just called me to tell me what he said

"junior, what did you think of today's protest"? "we were gobsmacked, the players were appalled"

"will you be signing your new contract soon"? No answer, just a shrug of the shoulders and then he left.

###### amazing.

People want Kean replaced yet are not prepared to do anything about it.

People who do something about it are vilified and blamed for results.

Tell me, hand sitters, what was the reason for the situation BEFORE the protests?

The protests are a symptom of the problem not the cause.

majority of rovers fans are rubbish(no matteter which camp your in)+our owners and manager are idiots+majority of the players are not good enough+press /pundits/oppo fans think where a joke=BRFC(as a respected prem league club) is on its death bed.

we have had a good 20 years or so, thanks for the memories.

Can't disagree Hardly.

What happened take a look at the Blackburn end here

That was when success was new and we appreciated it,the current crop of 30 year old fans have just had it far too easy.

20 years on and the Jack Walker stand gets ###### off because the noise from the plane wakes them up. -_-

The inevitable next 20 year strugggle could hopefully bring back the energy and passion.

Back to the plane:

A pal of mine who works in hospitality managed to ask Junior a couple of questions and has just called me to tell me what he said

"junior, what did you think of today's protest"? "we were gobsmacked, the players were appalled"

"will you be signing your new contract soon"? No answer, just a shrug of the shoulders and then he left.

"i dont beleive you"

Back to the plane:

The fans are gobsmacked and appalled but not at the plane - at the shambolic set of results in 2011.

At least Lucas Neill had the balls to tell the club he was leaving. We all know Junior is off at the end of his contract no matter what the puppet man keeps saying in his interviews.

If you dont scream and shout like a spoilt six year old or declare the club dead like some bloody drama queen you get labelled a troll on here, that's how far debate has degenerated.

People have different opinions than you, live with it.

So you're denying you were sitting around with your fishing rod out last night just waiting for a bite?

I don't mind you having an opinion but what you were writing weren't opinions or any attempt at debate, they were consistently designed to wind people up or get an angry response on an already heated message board.

I hope I don't end up like that :wacko:

Can't disagree Hardly.

That was when success was new and we appreciated it,the current crop of 30 year old fans have just had it far too easy.

20 years on and the Jack Walker stand gets ###### off because the noise from the plane wakes them up. -_-

The inevitable next 20 year strugggle could hopefully bring back the energy and passion.

great footage, thats the rovers that got me following them and football in general when i was a kid, fans are now more interested in getting to the front of the que for an overprices microwaved pie at halve time and beating the crowds by leaving before the final whistle, sad sad sad.

Back to the plane:

So the suggestion here is that Junior isn't signing a new contract because a plane went over saying Kean Out?

Funny how he's appalled at the fans wanting the manager to be removed, but he's wanted to move onto pastures new since the moment he originally signed a contract for us. Bit of hypocrisy there methinks.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, we have to respect that.

I challenge anyone oin here who thinks the plane affected the players or the result. What happens on the pitch affects the result and it was rank bad effort by Hoilett that cost us maybe thats why he made such a pathetic excuse when asked questions.

For me, The Venky's attempts at stifling the outcrys are failing, that is the reason behind the fans arguing amongst each other. The club is split apart because of Kean and co. Its had its heart ripped out by the outrageous removal of John Williams and Tom Finn as well as the shoddy appointment of this puppet.

Thats the starting point for anyones venom.

For my own pov, we should have beaten both Wolves and Everton (6 points), we should have beaten both qpr and norwich (6 points) and we should have at least drawn at Villa and Newcastle (2 points). we should really have taken at least a point yesterday and versus Spurs. That would have seen us on a healthy 22 points. But in the great words of our wise leader, "WE WILL TAKE THE POSITIVES OUT OF THAT".

I am all up for a change of leadereship at the club but first, it demands a dose of reality, that will come at Wigan.

Can't disagree Hardly.

That and a lot of fans take the clubs status for granted, like if we go down all will be fine and dandy. Ignorance must be bliss.

Also those considering raising money for a Blimp(glen Mullen&co.), seriously!, give the money to charity if you have so much to needlessly give away.

surely it must be clear to all now that the people making the decisions at the club are to stubborn and arrogant to get rid of Kean&co, sadly it seems like more loses are the only thing thats going to force a change, but as WE all know it will be to late by then.

Also those considering raising money for a blimp(glen mullan&co.), seriously!, give the money to charity if you have so much to needlessly give away,

I don't think there is a fund to raise money for a blimp, one of the club's major sponsors have said they will buy it , does that not tell you something?

I don't think there is a fund to raise money for a blimp, one of the club's major sponsors have said they will buy it , does that not tell you something?

Do we know who?

Probably Venkys. They'll have a flag attached to it reading: "Fans Out".

any blips planes all hing on the Wigan game.

Can you imagine losing that.

I don't think any of us believe we will lose to Wigan.

So we are all expecting to go to the Stoke game with a recent 3 points.

but imagine losing to Wigan,

darev to think about it.

It was funny hearing the plane flying over Ewood it was so odd.

• Backroom

any blips planes all hing on the Wigan game.

Can you imagine losing that.

I don't think any of us believe we will lose to Wigan.

So we are all expecting to go to the Stoke game with a recent 3 points.

but imagine losing to Wigan,

darev to think about it.

It was funny hearing the plane flying over Ewood it was so odd.

I don't expect us to win. I don't expect to win ANY game with Kean in charge. He's given no reason for me to have any faith in him.

Last season I fully expected us to beat Blackpool at home... at half time we were 2-0 down. Okay, we came back to draw 2-2 ... but it was still a crap result and not good enough. I expect much of the same at Wigan.

I was pleased with plane and the fact the crowd did not start chanting Kean out, but then again perhaps we should have? As all this not during games is not getting us results.

We have also had a massive offer come in for the purchase of a Blimp, from one of the principle sponsors of the club

I will also be posting a few things over on Vital Blackburn over the next few days, as a few of my post are being removed which I'm not pleased about because fans deserve the truth, I made my point about the removal of posts this morning, and this "On a need to know" Culture is not what I'm all about, Honesty is the best policy,

You are the fan's leader Glen. If the mods are removing your posts I am disgusted with them, unless you are leaving the site open to prosecution. Which I very much doubt.

Whilst I appreciate some fans believe they have the club at heart by wanting to get shut of Kean, I start having less sympathy for their plight (or flight) when we're playing well and the players appear to be playing for him. For me, those points far outweigh anything else (including what is now clearly a personal vendetta against Kean, which is certainly not putting the club first).

Eh? What 'personal vendetta', he strings wins together, he stays, he loses again and again, he goes... at normal football clubs.

Whilst I appreciate some fans believe they have the club at heart by wanting to get shut of Kean, I start having less sympathy for their plight (or flight) when we're playing well and the players appear to be playing for him. For me, those points far outweigh anything else (including what is now clearly a personal vendetta against Kean, which is certainly not putting the club first).

I wouldn't see it as a personal vendetta against Kean ,In my opinion Kean is at the centre of a bigger disease engulfing Blackburn Rovers at the moment, and chipping away at parts of it may see the rest exposed

It is points that far outweigh anything else to be fair - we haven't got enough of them.

Despite whether the players are playing for him or not and despite the improvement in performances - the truth is that the performances are not proving sufficient enough to secure wins or more points. And in fact, pro rata, the points achieved so far this season are worse than last season under Kean. That isn't an improvement whatsoever.

For all this improvement we are not moving up the table. Kean could have us playing 1970s dutch total football but without winning games or holding on to leads, that kind of improvement (whilst great to watch) would be irrelevant.

Archived