BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Kean Out Plane

chris

I wasn't pleased with this. Where I was sat this caused friction amongst fans at a time when we should have all been backing OUR team. Overwhelming sense that this was

is in bad taste from the majority I spoke to at the game.

I respect everyone's right to an opinion but I can't help thinking these protests are doing MORE HARM THAM GOOD. p.s mods why was my previous post deleted?? I

This is what amazes more than anything else at the moment:

By all means have a protest but don't do more harm than good...

HOW COULD THINGS BE WORSE?

It would be the same as cremating your still living Mother and then making it worse by chucking her ashes into the wind.

The Dudley Do-Rights are failing to see that the club is on life support and there is a power cut on the way.

Blackburn Rovers as a business rely on being in the Premier League for something like 90% of their income. I didn't go to Uni for Business Management. Maybe someone like Philipl can explain what happens to a business that loses 90% of its income?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't pleased with this. Where I was sat this caused friction amongst fans at a time when we should have all been backing OUR team. Overwhelming sense that this was

I respect everyone's right to an opinion but I can't help thinking these protests are doing MORE HARM THAM GOOD. p.s mods why was my previous post deleted?? I

Well by the banner ban the club obviously do not respect the right for everyone to have an opinion, by bringing in the banner ban (it was rumoured that the Rao's were going to be there with guests and it could not be seen by the guests that Venkys marketing football club was not all fluffy clouds and unicorns) the club forced the hand of the peaceful protest, so a major own goal by the club which resulted in major news coverage worldwide, more coverage I suspect because of the ban and the plane , than would have been if it was just another peaceful protest like the previous ones

Had the club not turned peaceful protest into a war zone today there would of been no need for a plane, the blame lies firmly at the clubs door. Whilst the result lies at Keans door, He is paid to win football matches, He dnt win them 6 wins in 32 and the stats are stacking up now

I think you should just let things lie Glen, or you will forever be targeted. I think your intention of a peaceful protest is honourable but ironically the ones who are anti-protest are turning it nasty. They are certainly the only ones I've heard threatening violence. Kean's like effing Charles Manson or something.

But just you watch all the anti-protestors turn when things get worse. It'll be a spontaneous in the moment thing, not something planned. At least you can sleep at night in the knowledge you tried to do things properly and peacefully. Some may even apologize to you and concede they were wrong and you were right.

Sadly I fear that may be when we drop a league.

This is what amazes more than anything else at the moment:

By all means have a protest but don't do more harm than good...

HOW COULD THINGS BE WORSE?

stoning.jpg

Not seen it go back on, and no-one has told me it has been put back on, but if it has I apologise, still dont think it should of been removed in first place tbh

Was back on within minutes (after Glen and I chatted about it. I was worried he'd said more than he ment to). All sorted now (been chatting with Glen on twitter about it).

p.s mods why was my previous post deleted?? I

We pulled the entire series of posts about your father as it had all got rather distasteful.

Had the club not turned peaceful protest into a war zone today there would of been no need for a plane, the blame lies firmly at the clubs door. Whilst the result lies at Keans door, He is paid to win football matches, He dnt win them 6 wins in 32 and the stats are stacking up now

I get the stats argument, but with winnable games to come I genuinely beleive we will see an upturn in fortunes over the coming weeks. I would like to see Kean given to December as IMO we have more than enough to finish mid table comfortably. I feel like you and others have created a witch hunt mentality amongst supporters which is only serving to harm the team we all love.

My Dad who is 63 almost came to blows with someone over the timing of your flyover at the game today. I have been watching rovers for the last 25 years and find these divisive protests deplorable. I am not alone.

I get the stats argument, but with winnable games to come I genuinely beleive we will see an upturn in fortunes over the coming weeks. I would like to see Kean given to December as IMO we have more than enough to finish mid table comfortably. I feel like you and others have created a witch hunt mentality amongst supporters which is only serving to harm the team we all love.

My Dad who is 63 almost came to blows with someone over the timing of your flyover at the game today. I have been watching rovers for the last 25 years and find these divisive protests deplorable. I am not alone.

Why?

Was back on within minutes (after Glen and I chatted about it. I was worried he'd said more than he ment to). All sorted now (been chatting with Glen on twitter about it).

We pulled the entire series of posts about your father as it had all got rather distasteful.

Fair do's

Please wake up and smell the coffee before we are in Championship2.

Funny how during all the topsy turvy history of Blackburn Rovers FC, it's never happened till now.

I get the stats argument, but with winnable games to come - we've played at least 5 winnable games this season and won 1.

I genuinely beleive we will see an upturn in fortunes over the coming weeks - Kean also would like to see us lose well rather than win ugly.

I would like to see Kean given to December as IMO we have more than enough to finish mid table comfortably - when you say more than enough l presume you're not referring to points.

I feel like you and others have created a witch hunt mentality amongst supporters which is only serving to harm the team we all love - do you not listen to the way Kean belittles the fans and yes, we are fans, l'm one of the 1% that he's "not paying attention to" despite the money l pay to watch the club, so is my son who is getting more and more disillusioned with the club each week, he's 11 !!!!

My Dad who is 63 almost came to blows with someone over the timing of your flyover at the game today. I have been watching rovers for the last 25 years and find these divisive protests deplorable. I am not alone. - You will be next season if Kean is still in charge !!!!

The plane thing was great and we fans did the right thing in ordering it there may be more planes flying around soon,and I bet kean show the plane.

But it wasnt was it! It caused more unrest in the crowd then there has been since the protests started and it affected the players.

It was one big mistake.

But it wasnt was it! It caused more unrest in the crowd then there has been since the protests started and it affected the players.

It was one big mistake.

Lets not forget the plane was a reaction to the gagging order that was imposed on the fans.

Fair enough you may not agree with the protests but one day perhaps something may happen which you will disagree with. And with that you may want to voice your disapproval. With that in mind can you say you are happy with free speech being taken away from the fans?

Please explain which players you think it affected and how you know?

I thought it took away the momentum we were building up. There was a strange atmosphere over the place for a while. There wasnt one person i spoke to that though it was a good idea.

I thought it took away the momentum we were building up. There was a strange atmosphere over the place for a while. There wasnt one person i spoke to that though it was a good idea.

First half possession Rovers 48% Chelsea 52% , So what was the problem 12 minutes into the second half when Chelsea had around 82% possession (fox sports commentary) since half time, Kean showed them a video of the plane he didn't see at half time?

Plane was a great idea and a fine gesture but it kind of spoiled the atmosphere in the 1st half which was a shame as it was good in the DE before the plane appeared. That is nothing against the folk who,organised it as it was a great idea. BTW, must have been quietest ever away fans today, I'm not sure they noticed yhe plane as they were too busy crisp crunching.

Didn't effect anything on the pitch though.

Should have had a banner saying:

Staying Doen 4 Ever...Love Rovers...ha ha ha for old time sake.

I find people singing "Only one Jack Walker" unforgivable when they sit there and endorse what Venkys and Kean have done to the club. Jack would be turning in his grave, yet by singing for him when you don't want to fight for his legacy, is like sticking two fingers upto him,

No point taking the moral high ground, when the scenario suits your agenda

nothing effected the players, stop backing someone here.

Eh?

First half possession Rovers 48% Chelsea 52% , So what was the problem 12 minutes into the second half when Chelsea had around 82% possession (fox sports commentary) since half time, Kean showed them a video of the plane he didn't see at half time?

Yaaaawn

yes will, im sure the plane made rovers lose, im sure they all said 'hey look at that plane, we cant go on like this, we are all DOOMED'. clutching at straws springs to mind.

Just my thoughts. It is quite obvious that those protesting are in a massive minority.

It just seemed ridiculous protesting when we look like were turning a corner.

sorry will, what corner? we havent yet turned that corner and we have been coming up to it for months, we are still losing, turning a corner means getting a point when maybe we dont deserve it or winning ugly, we are still losing even when allegedly 'playing well', performances dont mean squat, performances dont keep you from being relegated, time for some people to wake up and smell the coffee.

protests might be in a minority but most fans feel kean should be out but just cant be arsed doing anything about it

Archived