BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Kean Out Plane

chris

If you dont scream and shout like a spoilt six year old or declare the club dead like some bloody drama queen you get labelled a troll on here, that's how far debate has degenerated.

People have different opinions than you, live with it.

How true, but how dare you have a different opinion!!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was embarrassed to be a Rovers fan yesterday. You are not the majority. Yesterday in the darwen end when people started singing stand up if you want Kean out hardly anyone stood up and those sitting near were singing stand up if you're thick as ****.

Yesteday if Yakubu's early effort had gone the right side of the post we couldve been sat there one nil up against Chelsea with a plane flying round the ground asking for the manager to be removed. We are starting to look stupid as a club.

The fans I spoke to yesterday were embarrassed as well. None of this will get the manager removed. The plane going past yesterday sucked the life out of the first half. We were on top and really having a go then the plane went over and the ground fell silent after it left.

And one last thing, next time when you are trying to sing the dambusters theme please don't mistake it for the great escape as you looked more stupid than the balloons looked.

I was embarrassed to be a Rovers fan yesterday. You are not the majority. Yesterday in the darwen end when people started singing stand up if you want Kean out hardly anyone stood up and those sitting near were singing stand up if you're thick as ****.

Yesteday if Yakubu's early effort had gone the right side of the post we couldve been sat there one nil up against Chelsea with a plane flying round the ground asking for the manager to be removed. We are starting to look stupid as a club.

The fans I spoke to yesterday were embarrassed as well. None of this will get the manager removed. The plane going past yesterday sucked the life out of the first half. We were on top and really having a go then the plane went over and the ground fell silent after it left.

And one last thing, next time when you are trying to sing the dambusters theme please don't mistake it for the great escape as you looked more stupid than the balloons looked.

Scotty, well said.

Be careful though, this opinion will rile the'ban busters' and on here seems to be the only place they have a majority.

I am bemused. The fans that I speak to all want him out. Is it just the protests that people object to or their sentiment?

Scotty your in danger of having to explain your thoughts, you better watch what you say in future. Next thing you know youll be called a Troll and told your not a true fan!

IMO, our club is in turmoil, dying on its feet as we head towards the abyss managed from top to bottom by incompetent fools.

What's the evidence, ok, IMV, all key experienced personnel gone and either not replaced or replaced by lightweights, season ticket sales substantially down as are gates, sponsorship and corporate sales disappearing, a divided fan base, the implementation of a totalatarian policy that yesterday reared a ugly head with supporters treated in a dusgusting manner - finally, a team that has won 1 in 11 PL matches this season and only 6 in 32 under Coco the clown.

Apart from that, everything is ok.

Most Rovers' supporters need to wake-up smell the cofee and do something to try and save their club instead of criticising those who really care and really try to do something about it irrespective of whether you agree with their approach or not.

I am bemused. The fans that I speak to all want him out. Is it just the protests that people object to or their sentiment?

From those who I spoke to, its the negative impact of the protests. Almost everybody I spoke to wanted Kean out, but didnt think the protests are a good idea. People said the plane was a good idea, but awful timing.

Totally the opposite of what you would expect if you gauged opinions based on this website.

Same here, just the protests.

Will not having a go, but you agree Kean has to go?, how do you think this is going to be achieved obviously results aren't important, obviously his associates motives aren't a problem, so how do you get the message across to the hear no evil see no evil say no evil fools in pune?

I want Kean replaced with someone experienced enough to lead us to safety. That's THE most important thing for me.

As for the protests, I thinks it's causing a divide in our support at just the time when we need everyone behind the team.

Whoever thinks that balloons, felt tips and human banners make a jot of difference to the owners are kidding themselves. The plane? I have voiced my opinion on that already, but to have it flying over during the match was unbelievable.

So yes, I for one am against the protests but want a new manager. Having said that, if we turn the corner and start winning games then leave him be.

The opinion I seem to get is that none of us wouldve appointed him but we are now playing some good stuff and people would like to see if he can turn it around. Yesterday we hit the bar had two cleared off the line and had another two great chances with Hanley and Yakubu.

But it is the protest which most fans disagree with. It simply won't work. I would say yesterday it was only about 5% who clapped the plane. The rest of the stadium just wanted to watch the football. It has been badly thought out.

The whole thing seems to be just making Mrs Desai dig her heals in even more over Kean. Which surely is the opposite of what the protesters want??

So what do you do then? If you want the manager replacing? Do you just sit with fingers crossed and hope that will happen? The days of people sitting at the top who feel the hurt as much as we do have gone for me, so whats the answer if you want the manager out?

Lets not forget here that the manager, who I backed longer than I should have, is the worst manager we've ever had, his record is appalling, so to sit and hope the owners will act is farfetched.

The opinion I seem to get is that none of us wouldve appointed him but we are now playing some good stuff and people would like to see if he can turn it around. Yesterday we hit the bar had two cleared off the line and had another two great chances with Hanley

Sounds like the relegation season under kidd. The guy can't win..he is a loser.

• Moderation Lead

So what do you do then? If you want the manager replacing? Do you just sit with fingers crossed and hope that will happen? The days of people sitting at the top who feel the hurt as much as we do have gone for me, so whats the answer if you want the manager out?

Lets not forget here that the manager, who I backed longer than I should have, is the worst manager we've ever had, his record is appalling, so to sit and hope the owners will act is farfetched.

Granted Kean is awful, but the nature of the protests needs to change as they haven't worked so far, probably done more harm than good IMO.

Just watched goals on sunday, watched MOTD last night, comments by a lot of media yesterday. The consensus of opinion.... the protesters have got it wrong!! The media is now against the protests. Mrs.D could be shown these tv and radio clips. She will believe that she is right. The protests could actually strengthen Kean's position. And, how embarrasing was the shoes off bit!!!

The opinion I seem to get is that none of us wouldve appointed him but we are now playing some good stuff and people would like to see if he can turn it around. Yesterday we hit the bar had two cleared off the line and had another two great chances with Hanley and Yakubu.

But it is the protest which most fans disagree with. It simply won't work. I would say yesterday it was only about 5% who clapped the plane. The rest of the stadium just wanted to watch the football. It has been badly thought out.

The whole thing seems to be just making Mrs Desai dig her heals in even more over Kean. Which surely is the opposite of what the protesters want??

I too would prefer to see a turnaround. I don't see Kean delivering though. I have been wrong before though and from what I understand performances have improved to an extent. I just feel in the pit of my stomach that we will continue to leak goals and not put enough away. We seem to be set up akin to Man U; 4-2-3-1. Do we have the talent to carry that formation? Will our 3 track back enough? Does the 1 have the ability?

Whilst we speak of percentages for and against Kean, perhaps someone would post the average attendances this seaqson as opposed to the corresponding time last year, I am 100% sure it would be far greater than the 1% Kean speaks of, maybe he doesnt understand mathematics, I am for the protests,as for Mrs D digging her heels in, I am more convinced she is not the one pulling the strings at Rovers and that she is simply a 'Front' for someone else!!

Granted Kean is awful, but the nature of the protests needs to change as they haven't worked so far, probably done more harm than good IMO.

You could be right, you've got half of them wanting Venkys out and half of them wanting Kean out, that doesn't sit well with me. The group need to be united as one, get rid of Kean, thats the main aim surely.

Petition?

majority of rovers fans are rubbish(no matteter which camp your in)+our owners and manager are idiots+majority of the players are not good enough+press /pundits/oppo fans think where a joke=BRFC(as a respected prem league club) is on its death bed.

we have had a good 20 years or so, thanks for the memories.

Will not having a go, but you agree Kean has to go?, how do you think this is going to be achieved obviously results aren't important, obviously his associates motives aren't a problem, so how do you get the message across to the hear no evil see no evil say no evil fools in pune?

For me, the only way he will go is by the results he achieves. Yes they have been woefull, but i think the next few weeks are going to be he key. Playing games at home aginst teams we should be beating. I think youll find that the whole ground will be in unison if we dont get the results we should.

most rovers fans are idiots(no matteter which camp your in)+our owners and manager are idiots+majority of the players are not good enough+press /pundits/oppo fans think where a joke=BRFC(as a respected prem league club) is on its death bed.

The view from motd is that things will improve. That the performances will lead to better results. I'm not sure that I agree but it perhaps detracts somewhat from your argument.

For me, the only way he will go is by the results he achieves. Yes they have been woefull, but i think the next few weeks are going to be he key. Playing games at home aginst teams we should be beating. I think youll find that the whole ground will be in unison if we dont get the results we should.

I think people are frustrated with his results so far Will and who can blame them, at any other club he'd be down the road by now.

You're spot on about the next few games, we could see things gathering pace, but it shouldn’t have gotten to this stage and I also agree with your point a few pages back, performances have been better.

Archived