BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Points total by 20 Dec?

This is what is maddening, with these players we could beat every one of those teams, with Hughes it would have been likely, with Sam it would have been possible, with this waste of oxygen its improbable.

What's the earliest a team has been relegated from the Premier League? May want to look up that stat, its another record we may be looking to break.

12 at best. Wouldn't be surprised with 10, would nod forlornly with 8.

It's been a good day and I'm feeling more positive. Including what we already have, I think we will end-up in the 13 to 15 point range by completion of the Bolton fixture.

Whenever we play, I always feel that we will score at least one goal.

Looking at closing fixtures from Christmas onwards, I think we are capable of taking a further 23 points which will see us end-up with 36 to 38 points come the end of the season, so it's going to be touch and go again.

Feckin hell, this defies logic, it must have been a good day !!!

I reckon between 15 and 17 points. The reason - if we beat Wigan I think the players will go from strength to strength - there have been enough good signs recently to think that a little more luck and belief and we could start to pick up points. Alternatively - we get beat by Wigan - Kean can't possibly hang onto his job - we then end up with a new manager - the hopeful "bounce" effect sees us go on mini run.

My glass must be half full at the moment.

Worse case - we draw at Wigan - wouldn't like to call it then - but I am going to be optimistic and say that Wigan will go one way or the other - at the moment I feel we will win (even though it has been our bogey ground lately) - just hope it doesn't b***dy rain again :angry2:

On Christmas Eve we will have played 17 games. In the past 4 years you would need 17 points to be out of the bottom three after 17 games. That equates to 3 wins and a draw from the next 4.

The worrying thing is that even then, the inevitable clubbings at Anfleld and Old Trafford mean we will back in there for New Years Day.

For what it's worth, I think we will be on 11 points.

IMO the next 6 games are do or die, simple as that.

We have 6 points from 11 games and we haven't even played any of the so-called big six away yet. We've never been known picking up results at ot, stamford bridge, anfield and the like but if say we get a couple of draws from those 6 games, which would accord with the draws we picked up at eastlands and the emirates last season, that would equate to 8 points taken from 17 games.

On the basis of the above, that leaves us having to get 32 points from the other 21 games to achieve the usual safety threshold of 40 points; an average of over 1.5 points a game. In the circumstances therefore, just to keep on track with that target, we need a minimum of 3 wins out of the next 6 (or 2 wins and 3 draws).

Are we likely to achieve that with a manager with one very lucky win all season? We'll I think we all know the answer to that, including even those who are prepared to perservere with kean on the basis of recent decent performances.

Its no use playing well if you don't win games - the history of relegated teams is filled with brave performances, bad luck, etc.

The fat lady isn't singing yet, but she's doing her sound checks...

• Backroom

It's been a good day and I'm feeling more positive. Including what we already have, I think we will end-up in the 13 to 15 point range by completion of the Bolton fixture.

Whenever we play, I always feel that we will score at least one goal.

Looking at closing fixtures from Christmas onwards, I think we are capable of taking a further 23 points which will see us end-up with 36 to 38 points come the end of the season, so it's going to be touch and go again.

Feckin hell, this defies logic, it must have been a good day !!!

Someone offer you a strange smelling cigarette Mercer?

Wigan Away 1 pts - Local derby and a real six pointer, will be a tough game but can see a draw.

Stoke Away 0 pts - Stoke on their patch is never easy.

Swansea Home 1pts - Swansea are playing some decent stuff under Rodgers and like their draw against Liverpool showed they aren't fazed when it comes to playing away from home.

Sunderland Away 0 pts - Bruce tends to get his teams playing well around this time of year before the usual implosion a couple of months before the end of the season.

West Brom Home 3pts - Think this is our best chance of our next three points in the games coming up. But Woy is experienced and has turned some sides around before.

Bolton Home 0 pts - The Bolton 5-0 victory over Stoke could be massive, expecting them to go on a bit of a decent run.

11 points.

The thing is, after the Bolton game there is a very real chance that we'll be in a position pretty much beyond rescuing.

So even if they do pull the trigger on Kean then, even a proper manager will struggle to keep us up.

If we get the thumping at Wigan I'm expecting us to get, I just hope action is taken sooner rather than later.

We need to be around the 18 point mark for the new year just be in touch with the rest and give us a prayer

That basically means 12 points from the next 6 (unless Liverpool implode against us like they did at Ewood last season)

12 points from 6 games would amaze me under Kean - but that has to be the target

• 1 month later...

No prizes but just sharing the pain.

On 6 November we had 6 points

Predictions for points total by 20 December were:-

Deflife 9-14

Perthblue 11

k-hod maximum of 10

roverandout 10

ihtd 9

glen9mullan 10

frosty 11

andy 11