BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Points total by 20 Dec?

Won't be long before much of the debate on these boards might begin to unravel. The vehement anti-Kean sentiment may be vindicated or those more sanguine may be able wonder what all the fuss was about. Perhaps worse, we may be in a horrible no-man's land.

6 November, points =6

20 December, points=??

Away =Wigan, Stoke, Sunderland

Home =Swansea, WBA, Bolton

What is the value of ?? going to be and where will that leave the club?

• Backroom

If we stick with Kean 9 - 14. We'll win a maximum of one of our home games, and possibly Wigan away. The other fixtures will yield either draws or losses.

Simply put, we'll be dead and buried.

Won't be long before much of the debate on these boards might begin to unravel. The vehement anti-Kean sentiment may be vindicated or those more sanguine may be able wonder what all the fuss was about. Perhaps worse, we may be in a horrible no-man's land.

6 November, points =6

20 December, points=??

Away =Wigan, Stoke, Sunderland

Home =Swansea, WBA, Bolton

What is the value of ?? going to be and where will that leave the club?

My Heart and head say two different things but this corner that we are apparently turning seems bloody big, so heart 20th December = 14 points - Head 20th December 11 points, whichever way doesn't look good

Nine points (inlcuding our current six)

Kean doesn't know how to win football matches. We'll probably get three draws away from home, lose the rest whilst playing nice football that the media will love leading to Kean somehow retaining his job as we are truly about to turn the corner.

Think we will enjoy Christmas celebrating our 12 point( that's in total).

These so called winnable games are not so winnable.

One thing I've noticed in the league this season is that no one wants to win ugly..... Except Newcastle !!!! Who would of thought that. Maybe a season in the championship taught them something ?

On a side note, watch Stoke for dropping like a stone..... Just a hunch...

I think we now realise that the 21 points which Sam earned last season are what kept us up. If we don't have at least 17 points by 20 December, it's difficult to see how we will stay up this time. However, if we can manage to get eleven or twelve points from the next six games we will still have everything to play for.

Unfortunately, as we have only managed six points from the first eleven games it's difficult to see how we are going to double that haul from the next six games. If we continue to play as we have in the past few games I suspect we might end up with a total of 13 or 14 points by 20 December and that will not be enough. Championship football delivered courtesy of Venky's Xprs. What was it Anuradha Desai said about getting the majority of decisions correct? Twelve months on and we're still waiting for this woman to get one decision right!

Realistically under Kean:

Wigan Away 0 pts

Stoke Away 0 pts

Swansea Home 3 pts

Sunderland Away 0 pts

West Brom Home 1pt

Bolton Home 1pts

Under a proper manager, all 3 home games would be wins and I'd be confident of a draw in all away games except for Stoke.

This thread is the most depressing one yet. For the record, I tried to be realistic and got to 9 points - puts us on 15 and likely bottom 3, if not bottom at Christmas.

Wigan Away 3 pt - must win and will likely stave off the boo boys and salute the magnificent fans at Wigan

Stoke Away 0 pts - always struggle here

Swansea Home 3 pts - if we can't beat this lot at home, we don't deserve to be in this league - I don't care if they are currently 10th

Sunderland Away 1 pt - not a happy hunting ground for us in recent times

West Brom Home 1pt - won't be the same side as last year

Bolton Home 1 pt - a very edgy game both sides will be afraid to lose

I agree the next 6 games could very well decide the season. I think quite a few of our fans seem to be using this to say "lets give Kean one more chance with winnable games and if he does rubbish definitely sack him". The reasons I totally disagree with this are:

1. Kean has been given more than enough winnable games to prove himself and more often than not he hasn't done it. His win percentage is steadily deteriorating (25% last season, 9% this) and we continue to be unable to keep a clean sheet.

2. If he fails with these games then it'll be too difficult to come back from, entrusting them to him is gambling our premiership status on statistically the worst Rovers manager in nearly 30 years.

3. Having an easyish run coming up is the perfect opportunity to get a new manager. We'd have the honeymoon effect, he could be eased in to the role and we could get some seriously good results to start his reign.

This thread is the most depressing one yet. For the record, I tried to be realistic and got to 9 points - puts us on 15 and likely bottom 3, if not bottom at Christmas.

Wigan Away 3 pt - must win and will likely stave off the boo boys and salute the magnificent fans at Wigan

Stoke Away 0 pts - always struggle here

Swansea Home 3 pts - if we can't beat this lot at home, we don't deserve to be in this league - I don't care if they are currently 10th

Sunderland Away 1 pt - not a happy hunting ground for us in recent times

West Brom Home 1pt - won't be the same side as last year

Bolton Home 1 pt - a very edgy game both sides will be afraid to lose

And in Venkys world Kean would spin that into only 1 defeat in 6 games and the Raos would think he's such a hard working brilliant young manager and give him a 5 year extension.

So we have some (so called) easy matches coming up, what happens when we have difficult fixtures again? Plus looking at some of our up-coming games, surely we will have to possibly win 1-2 matches away from home? Seemingly can't rely on former fortress Ewood these days.

Having spent the past 24 hours getting incredibly depressed I've had a quick look at our records in recent seasons when we've been struggling. By 20 December we will have played 17 games and so that is the figure I've used for the comparisons.

2008-09 P 17 W 3 D 4 L 10 Pts 13 (final points total 41) It was at this point that Sam arrived.

2004-05 P 17 W 2 D 8 L 7 Pts 14 (final points total 42) Hughes had begun his mission to make us hard to beat.

1998-99 P 17 W 3 D 4 L 10 Pts 13 (final points total 35) Kidd arrived and relegation followed.

1997-98 P 17 W 2 D 7 L 8 Pts 13 (final points total 42) Tony Parkes had begun to turn things around.

From the above it can be seen that if we can get 7 points from the next 6 games we would be on 13 points and have survived in the past from that point.

Of course there are other factors beyond our control - namely how the other clubs do.

It may not be much but it is a straw to cling to in these difficult times. At least it will hopefully get me through to the Wigan game. But, then again, I think what are the odds of Wigan losing nine games on the run? It's going to be a long, hard winter.

• Backroom

Having spent the past 24 hours getting incredibly depressed I've had a quick look at our records in recent seasons when we've been struggling. By 20 December we will have played 17 games and so that is the figure I've used for the comparisons.

2008-09 P 17 W 3 D 4 L 10 Pts 13 (final points total 41) It was at this point that Sam arrived.

2004-05 P 17 W 2 D 8 L 7 Pts 14 (final points total 42) Hughes had begun his mission to make us hard to beat.

1998-99 P 17 W 3 D 4 L 10 Pts 13 (final points total 35) Kidd arrived and relegation followed.

1997-98 P 17 W 2 D 7 L 8 Pts 13 (final points total 42) Tony Parkes had begun to turn things around.

From the above it can be seen that if we can get 7 points from the next 6 games we would be on 13 points and have survived in the past from that point.

Of course there are other factors beyond our control - namely how the other clubs do.

It may not be much but it is a straw to cling to in these difficult times. At least it will hopefully get me through to the Wigan game. But, then again, I think what are the odds of Wigan losing nine games on the run? It's going to be a long, hard winter.

We must beat Wigan, IMO, or it's basically over. The difference between the times above (including our relegation season) and now is that during each of those times we had experienced men at the helm who were ready to make the decision to change or select a new manager as and when it was needed. It didn't work in 98/99 but in every other season we were saved generally by the right decision being made at the right time.

Nowadays we've got Venky's :(

10-11 points.

With him in charge he turns wins into draws and draws into losses.

The fear of course is that the players will eventually realize he's not able to organize them properly, heads will drop and performances will decline. Without decent performances imagine how bad it will be, there will be nothing to hang your hopes on.

Archived