BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Andrew Johnson

Rovers_786

He actually has 27 in 105 games, including 11 in 27 this season. The above stats are league only. He offers plenty of upside for £2m.

How many of those were Europa League goals against second rate opposition? Also, remember that he's out of contract in the summer, so £2 million for a soon to be 31 year old striker with a history of injury problems just doesn't seem to be great business to me.

Hopefully I'll be proved wrong and he'll silence many of us like the Yak has done.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bags of PL experience and still got plenty to offer at this level and more in the championship. Can play in various positions up top and can be prolific when played as a striker. Has played with the Yak before so they'll know each others games.It's a no brainer for me. Get him in!

Guest Rovers4Good

Publicity stunt yet again. We have no money and we need to sell first then hope to sign but as for Johnson he's staying at Fulham :)

How many of those were Europa League goals against second rate opposition?

He scored against FC Twente (Dutch Champions only 2 seasons ago), 2 against Wisla Krakow and 2 against Odense. Are those teams really significantly worse than QPR, Norwich, Swansea, Bolton, Wigan, Wolves etc? I still think he could do a decent job for us.

• Backroom

He's not going to be worse than Blackman, Roberts or Slew, and is about all we can afford budget wise. As others have said, he'd be OK in the Championship assuming we held onto him (chances are with his wages he'd be sold, mind).

• Backroom

Yeah he was laughing every time he ran over to the BBE and got appluaded which is a bit odd.

Could be ideal for him to sign now and get a chance in the team

Yeah he was laughing every time he ran over to the BBE and got appluaded which is a bit odd.

Could be ideal for him to sign now and get a chance in the team

Really? Much banter out of him?

I was thinking the exact same thing. Yakubu out for 3 games means that should we sign AJ sharpish he'll have a guaranteed run of games.

My mate in the Riverside noticed how odd it was for a visiting substitute to warm up in the Blackburn End of the pitch [didn't you, Tony?]. Assuming any appeal against the Yak's red card isn't sauccessful, he could be an immediately useful acquisition.

My mate in the Riverside noticed how odd it was for a visiting substitute to warm up in the Blackburn End of the pitch [didn't you, Tony?]. Assuming any appeal against the Yak's red card isn't sauccessful, he could be an immediately useful acquisition.

They've been doing it all season.

Personally rather goodwillie got an extended run out. Especially after his performance yesterday. AJ just isn't the right man for rovers.

we still need back up for that position imo abdy johnsen woulld give us a different option.

But agree goodwillie deserves a run, but if he doesnt peform we are stuffed without the yak

Thought it was pretty funny when Kean kept saying they want to stay under the radar and then when asked about Johnson he disclosed all information! Ha

Also like when he said that Rovers would get all of their business done early in the window.........................its now the 18th January :lol:

T4E, people are only stating the league stats because the league is all that matters now.

Understand, but goals are goals, and he's been played consistently from the start in Europe and got plenty of goals. For me, that's a reason to see a positive side.

I see what you're saying, but european games are very different to prem ones. Numerous of his goals will also have come in domestic games against lower league teams or depleted prem ones.

Thought it was also funny that Kean said he wouldn't say how many he was going for, then said 4 or 5. Does the man listen to what he is saying?

Archived