BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Andrew Johnson

Rovers_786

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's played premier league football and can score goals. Thats probably more than we can hope to attract in our current predicament. I probably would have taken Johnson over Yakubu before the summer so I dont see any reason for why Johnson can't do ok.

Although we do need more options up front, scoring goals isn't our biggest problem right now. Getting full backs and solid central midfielders in should be the first priority.

Yes, were bad this season but when you look at the games we lost its mostly 0-1 or 1-2, with a new manager we could had won these games and been in the top half.

Spurs and Chelsea are very good teams and we lost by the odd goal against them.

We won against Arsenal and draw against Liverpool.

The problem is we lost games at home this season, and its not helped sticking on players, but after the game its ok to protest on manager!!

We tend to play better away from home and we need to support the team better at home. It's only a matter of time when Kean will be sacked.

Im not a fan of Kean and I hope we get Mark Hughes in but it will probably be disastrous for us to be relegated.

Andy Johnson would be a very good signing considering what is going on at our club. It is going to hard to attract any decent players to Rovers because of the league position we are in, never mind the state of the club thanks to the Venkys.

Can you give us his statistics of his career record over the past three years to back that statement up.

Goalscorer?

13 goals in 80 games for Fulham being his most recent record.....or 17 in 61 games at Everton! :blink:

Sorry but I dont think he will do much for us....much rather we tried to get a proper goalscorer.

I'm pretty sure he came off the bench and played out of position in a lot of those performances which might explain the poor goal ratio, but maybe not starting and being used as a winger also means something... I'd take him, but as he would be a backup striker I wouldn't go past £1.5 million and 30k a week.

please can you name who you would sign???

Iv not really looked into that one...in Summer I kept saying all summer long about Demba Ba, now look what he's done.

I think we need to look at someone younger, with pace, who is quite strong (similar to Ba). Who that is, im not sure. Papiss Cisse looks perfect, but expensive.

An older option id try for, given their weak financial situation is Saha from Everton (natural goalscorer).

I'm pretty sure he came off the bench and played out of position in a lot of those performances which might explain the poor goal ratio, but maybe not starting and being used as a winger also means something... I'd take him, but as he would be a backup striker I wouldn't go past £1.5 million and 30k a week.

Perhaps true - im not sure he's always played out of position though.

Agree with your fee/ wages though - £50k is too expensive for me!

Iv not really looked into that one...in Summer I kept saying all summer long about Demba Ba, now look what he's done.

I think we need to look at someone younger, with pace, who is quite strong (similar to Ba). Who that is, im not sure. Papiss Cisse looks perfect, but expensive.

I agree with both of those names of Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse. just what we need and rovers didn't chase them or we didn't have the money too!!!

I agree with both of those names of Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse. just what we need and rovers didn't chase them or we didn't have the money too!!!

Ba was Free....people used his knees as an excuse.

21 in 24 starts in 2011 tells you all you need to know

Can you give us his statistics of his career record over the past three years to back that statement up.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Johnson_(English_footballer)

I don't know what some of you expect us to sign! You can't get a Shearer for £3m nowadays.

Basically we have lumps of wood up front that hardly move, Johnson is a player that will run into channels and get behind defences. He has a similar style to Dickov who the fans loved.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing you said the same about Yakubu during the Summer.

Don't be so quick to judge.

For your sakes I'd rather ye stayed clear. Never really cut it at Fulham. Runs alot into the channels but doesn't really contribute much. Massive wages too.

Maybe a fresh change will do him the world of good.

Archived