BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Andrew Johnson

Rovers_786

For your sakes I'd rather ye stayed clear. Never really cut it at Fulham. Runs alot into the channels but doesn't really contribute much. Massive wages too.

Maybe a fresh change will do him the world of good.

Exactly my point about Yakubu.

Sometime's a change does wonders for a player, i don't think it's a great move by any means but i'm not going to write him off before a bid is even accepted!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Andy Johnson offer us more than Roberts, Blackman etc - simple answer is yes. He dives alot but he doesnt half annoy opposing teams. He will do alright for us im sure.

Not the ideal signing I would want, but he's better than anything apart from the yak, that we have on our books upfront.

I am not a massive fan as he appears to have declined in recent years.

Possibly would be an OK signing considering we have the worst manager in the league, worst owners in the league, and apparently have little (or no) money to spend.

Might be able to pull off a decent loan signing during this window, if someone is crazy enough to want to join us, but I don’t know who people are realistically expecting us to sign.

I maybe cynical , but the way Kean sets up his teams (Tries too), my reading into this is Johnson will replace the Yak !

2 out and out strikers with our midfield and defence ???? Recipe for absolute slaughterings, with the imminent departure of Samba ...

But then again I employ logic , which is something that as not occured at Ewood since November 2010 ..

I maybe cynical , but the way Kean sets up his teams (Tries too), my reading into this is Johnson will replace the Yak !

2 out and out strikers with our midfield and defence ???? Recipe for absolute slaughterings, with the imminent departure of Samba ...

But then again I employ logic , which is something that as not occured at Ewood since November 2010 ..

I wondered if Johnson might be viewed as a replacement for Hoilett as a wide attacker. Pacey, good energy plus a 'goal threat' cutting inside. He definitely isn't the kind of player who could replace Yak as a lone striker and I would be very surprised if Kean was looking at switching to a 4-4-2 with Yak and Johnson up front as out and out strikers.

Whether or not that is how Johnson's potential role is being seen I don't think it would be a good signing as wages must be high and I don't think it addresses the main problem areas in the team- full back, central midfield (and soon to also be centre back).

Spot on in that we are either a 4/5/1 or a 4/4/1/1 unit.

As to what Johnson's role would be then you would have to ask our hapless manager - unless of course Yak is going but Johnson hasn't got physical stature to replace Yak.

IMV, just more muddled thinking when he keeps telling us we will always score goals but we can't keep clean sheets !!!

FFS, we need a midfielder enforcer to help our beleagured defence.

Johnson, IMO, overrated with his best years behind him, however, will top-up his pension fund nicely.

We are going to be spending very little, if anything, so why on earth are we after strikers?

I quite like Johnson as a player, but by god we need to sort the midfield and full back areas out, Kean talks about 'trying to shut the back door' but in reality he doesn't have a clue or the inclination to achieve it.

Like a couple have already said, who do you expect we are going to sign? Never going to get a perfect striker, we've done extremely well with Yakubu.

Andy Johnson would be good for us, could do all the running giving the Yak the luxury to goal poach.

Stop with your Papiss Cisse and all these other unrealistic signings people are churning out, if they are going to cost double figures, it aint happening.

I think if Big Sam was in charge he would have tried to sign Demba Ba.

As for the AJ bid being too low, hes 31 and a free agent at the end of the summer so I dont know what Fulham are expecting? 2 million max from desperate clubs like us maybe? Im guessing we have bid around 1.25 mil? Basically Fulham will cave in AFTER our match I reckon. But if we dont beat Fulham on saturday that means AJ would be signing for a Championship club.

Surprise, surprise !

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2012/01/blackburns-aj-offer-is-too-low/

If cynical, you could think that this is an attempt 'to demonstrate we are in the market for players', however, with no real capability or intent !

If your first offer is accepted it's a sign you offered too much or you amazingly found the perfect valuation to suit both parties, which is unlikely. Surely we want to get him at the best possible price for Blackburn Rovers. Negotiations are taking place and the deal could progress. What you have said is a possibility of course but it is far from being a certainty. Clubs don't take kindly to such time wasting so I'd have presumed Fulham would have reacted with more than just a rejection.

He's 31 next month and has scored 13 goals in 80 Fulham appearances.

AVOID

He actually has 27 in 105 games, including 11 in 27 this season. The above stats are league only. He offers plenty of upside for £2m.

To be honest he's better than 3 of our 4 strikers. Getting a second best striker for 2 mil isn't the worst bit of business. He's played with yak before and like people said wil run the channels. Just wondering whether he would be shifted out to the right if hoilett goes so that we could continue to play a 4411 or 451 and yet have both yak and AJ on the pitch. Its grim that we can't seem to afford him though, surely we could afford this even under the trust?

As bad as this might sound, thinking ahead to next year where we are 90% likely to be in the championship, I think AJ would be very good at that level. Problem is wages.

The trouble is, he won't come here unless his contract is heavily geared towards a sale when we're relegated. That will be the only way we'll be able to sign anyone. I hate myself for saying this because i have never given up on Rovers so easily, but i have accepted our fate. It makes it easier for my wife, my kids and my dog for the remaining weekends of the season. The only thing i want now is for Rovers to actually exist beyond next season.

As many have stated who do people expect sign we are hardly likely to be signing Papiss Cisse/Ruud V.Nistlerooy and although at first Venkys built up my hopes with beckham,Riquelme, Raul etc but not delivered I believe Johnson is very much like Guthrie good solid prem league performers not world beaters but the best we can hope for given the position we find ourselves in the league but is definitely a big improvement on Goodwillie/Roberts/Blackman/Slew and would prefer EPL experience over an unknown given the position we find ourselves in the league and he might just be the diamond that saves our skin I also believe we have the upper hand here as someone earlier said he is 30 Y'Old, has not agreed a contract extension turned down their offer, ande can leave the summer on a free player holds all the cards here and as stated the first offer is always the lowest then you increase it by a bit the contract situation is very much like the Hoilett situation unless you tie them down to a long contract the player holds all the cards I reckon 1.5-1.75 will probably get him and given his age and contract situation Fulham will be lucky to get that 2M is a totally unrealistic sum to expect for a 30 Y'Old. God I hate Venkys for all their broken promises was supposed to be better than this.

Archived