SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Andrew Johnson

Rovers_786

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Looks like this one isnt going to go away.

Talks of a £2m fee, 50k wages for a 30 year old.

Whats peoples views of the deal and also of him??

My view is that he would be our 2nd best striker, but at 50k a week, id look elsewhere as he has never been prolific in the prem, apart from 1 season with Palace.

Looks like this one isnt going to go away.

Talks of a £2m fee, 50k wages for a 30 year old.

Whats peoples views of the deal and also of him??

My view is that he would be our 2nd best striker, but at 50k a week, id look elsewhere as he has never been prolific in the prem, apart from 1 season with Palace.

He is a goalscorer and he would be excellent back up for the Yak. Maybe both could play together if kean change tactics and formation.

Alan Nixon article in DM about the AJ deal

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Transfer-gossip-exclusive-Andy-Johnson-set-to-make-2m-move-from-Fulham-to-Blackburn-article846720.html

Good player, key with this signing is that AJ is a premier league player and has experience of playing in this league.

He can start straight away which is what we need.

Two injury hit years but he is a goal scorer and can play a variety of positions, be interesting to see his assists as I always thought he created lots for others.

He is a goalscorer and he would be excellent back up for the Yak.

Goalscorer?

13 goals in 80 games for Fulham being his most recent record.....or 17 in 61 games at Everton! :blink:

Sorry but I dont think he will do much for us....much rather we tried to get a proper goalscorer.

I don't really understand why we're signing strikers on huge wages when all we keep hearing from Kean is that 'we always have a goal in us' and that our defence / defensive midfield capability is non-existent. Surely the priorities have to be full backs and a quality midfielder?

Surely he can't be contradicting himself?

Is that a joke? :unsure:

No Roberts isn't brilliant but does try hard and has experience of relegation battles. His experience would be useful in the dressing room and he is also a decent squad member. We only have him and the Yak with premiership experience

Archived