BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Doha here I come

• Backroom

I would just like to say this sort of thing is not my normal day job. I don't work in the worlds of Finance or the Press.

Since I started this thread I have called in basically every business favor I could to get a contact names and email addresses at QIA to try and communicate with them.

In the hope that I can convince them try again to talk to Venkys again. So I have been talking to 2 of them for around 6 months always by email. Then 3 weeks ago I got a phone from QIA and answered a few questions from them about football and some about Rovers

Then last Tuesday I received an email asking me to come and talk to them. Of course I accepted the offer and I visited them on Friday.

Now I know this is VERY ANNOYING but as I said at the start I don't normally work in this field.

I was asked to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement and I will honor that.

I am afraid that is all I can say. I am not saying this is good or bad news, I guess what I am saying is pause.

Sorry

BKR

Wow, quite a dedicated fan!! If this comes off, let us know your real name and it'll be up there with Uncle Jack!! Well, not quite. No-one's on his level, but maybe John Williams :P

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that you were asked to sing an NDA gives me a glimmer of hope.

Add to that the fact that you have been in contact with them for six months gives me a little more.

Please God, let there be something in this.

One last thing BKR, if something comes of this you should be given massive credit.

The fact that he was asked to sign an NDA also tells me that they may have something to hide.

love it, allthough the cynic in me says, that this wont change anything, i gotta admire the huge set of balls you´ve got BKR.

have read a few threads and couldnt be bothered posting, as the mnood wasnt up for it, but your actions definetly deserve some praise :D

The fact that you were asked to sing an NDA gives me a glimmer of hope.

Add to that the fact that you have been in contact with them for six months gives me a little more.

Please God, let there be something in this.

One last thing BKR, if something comes of this you should be given massive credit.

No news is good news, as far as I'm concerned. Even if they're mulling it over, at least the effort was made. I've always felt like doing something like this, but financially, it's never been viable, so my hat goes off to you for going for it.

Here's hoping something comes out of it! I don't want massive investment and a hike in ticket prices. Just for my beloved Blackburn Rovers to be back the way it should be, pre 2010.

Maybe you gave them the BRFCS URL and a few twitter accounts to see how serious the fans are in our call of "SOS!"

I was reading in one of the Sunday papers that they have their eyes on Newcastle and Fulham.

Newcastle'd cost a fortune, wouldn't it? Fulham ain't a bad purchase, but Al Fyed loves that club to death, and they've always been sufficient.

I'd say Everton are the best value club to look at, but with our relegation, surely it's driven our price down to around £60m-£70m including debt/mortgages? That'd make us still a viable alternative with a bit of cash and a decent manager to promote us again.

Everton require a new stadium and have debt, not a good option.

"Require"? Surely Goodison would do until somewhere further down the line? And even then, we're talking tycoons who have the cash to throw at it. Although, getting the planning permission is apparently a tough nut to crack, given what Liverpool went through. Think they lost £50m in planning a new stadium and all that goes with it, only for the council to refuse.

Rovers would be a cracking investment for this lot from Qatar – despite us being in the Championship.

Cheap to buy, decent ground already built, good PL pedigree (before the Indians), fantastic academy etc...

Newcastle, Fulham and Everton don't compare.

Come on, please put your money where your mouth is!

Rovers would be a cracking investment for this lot from Qatar – despite us being in the Championship.

Cheap to buy, decent ground already built, good PL pedigree (before the Indians), fantastic academy etc...

Newcastle, Fulham and Everton don't compare.

Come on, please put your money where your mouth is!

Newcastle and everton dont compare you are right as they have big fan bases. Fulham do, only thing positive for rovers is the lack of debt compared to Fulham and everton.

Archived