BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

N'Zonzi

67splitscreen

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

I think it is easy to criticise N'zonzi for some of his mistakes and woeful performances this season (such as giving a free kick away on the edge of the box against Stoke)

He is more of a luxury for a team who have Box to box midfielders. He would flourish under a manager who wouldn't give him to much to do. The best form I have seen from him was when BS played Andrews next to him. This gave N'zonzi a different asset, He didn't have to worry as much about protecting the back four and because we never shot ourselves in the foot by defending so deep at home in them days, he looked a better player.

Tactics will shape and mould our views of players. It is certainly true that we look weak as a puppy when a team marches into our half, and N'zonzi certainly does not have the confidence he had in his first season (the same confidence that got him dropped running into his second season if i'm not wrong?)

Anyway i'd like to keep N'zonzi. I think he is premier league ready, young, physical and with the right manager/tactics could develop into an excellent player.

If he does go, 6/8m is a decent fee for someone we paid 300k for. Once again we are the profit kings of the prem.

(Because selling our best players to fund cheap replacements isn't new for Rovers fans)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Robbo, my only worry though is that if he was sold we would just not replace him, an already depleted squad would be made even smaller.

We're definitely up the creek, on doubt about that, but let's not throw away all the paddles just yet.

And I'd have Keith Andrews back in...

like the block with his head yesterday against newcastle,god that was poor,nzonzi is without doubt our best midfielder he is the only one that can actually pass to a team mate and because of his attitude he rarely panicks,it looks like he doesn't care but that's his style if he was any more laid back he'd be lying down,arsenal and chelsea aren't sniffing around for no reason

It's okay saying sell him for £8million if £8million was made available for incoming tranfers, but we all know that someone will pocket a fair chunk of that meaning vastly inferior quality coming in - if anyone at all.

Yep. And sadly, my cynical side says that may well be the case for anyone we sell this window. A chunk of money comes in, and then just disappears with no significant signings to 'you know where' - with a post-it-note handed down to Coco saying - "replace him with a bright new youngster from the Reserves". Its been mentioned a zillion times throughout the forums. Asset stripping.

Basically anyone who doubts Nzonzis ability should see where his career takes him.

He WILL end up at a "big" club, like Arsenal, Chelsea, AC or Inter Milan etc andI should imagine play for France

He is young but hes so calm and compossed on the ball, as much as some people on here give him grief for passing backwards, when I go to our home games its always Nzonzi doing the best two or three passes of the match (for us) and his pass rate must be at least 80% succesful probably more. Yes he does still have a lot to learn but unfortunately nothing that Kean can teach him. The competent manager of his future club will though and then the doubters on here will see his full potential.

SSNR:

Football agent Rob Shield has told Sky Sports News Radio that he's heard Blackburn midfielder Steven N'Zonzi could be on his way to Stoke. And he's also revealed that the new QPR boss, Mark Hughes, is interested in signing Clint Dempsey from Fulham, the club he previously managed.

SSNR:

Football agent Rob Shield has told Sky Sports News Radio that he's heard Blackburn midfielder Steven N'Zonzi could be on his way to Stoke. And he's also revealed that the new QPR boss, Mark Hughes, is interested in signing Clint Dempsey from Fulham, the club he previously managed.

''could be on his way'' so in other words he's no idea...

There aren't many tidy defensive central midfielders that will add an aerial threat at set pieces, I reckon he'd fit perfectly at Stoke.

Palacios doesn't seem to have had any impact there, so they're still playing the likes of Glenn Whelan and Dean Whitehead in central midfield. N'Zonzi is certainly a step up from those two.

Now, if we could persuade them to give us Palacios as part of the deal...

He's not really a direct scoring threat in the air but I reckon he could make a nuisance of himself when a Stoke long throw comes into the box.

Just stick him on the front post trying to flick it on and the opposition will be obliged to put a decent defender on him, that alone could create space for other players.

Also to be fair, Samba is the target for every single one of our set plays, with other players then trying to pounce on any knock downs.

There aren't many tidy defensive central midfielders that will add an aerial threat at set pieces, I reckon he'd fit perfectly at Stoke.

Palacios doesn't seem to have had any impact there, so they're still playing the likes of Glenn Whelan and Dean Whitehead in central midfield. N'Zonzi is certainly a step up from those two.

Now, if we could persuade them to give us Palacios as part of the deal...

They didn't seem to be able to get Palacios fit and when they did they just used him in the Europa. Him and Nzonzi would be a significant upgrade in terms of CM partners on Delap and Whelan

Excellent first season under Big Sam but looked a shadow of that form since. £5mill+ and we should bite their hand off.

And yet under a good manager he could be excellent again.

Same could be said for a lot of players in our squad.

Personally I think N'Zonzi is poor. Doesn't win many headers and not the best defensively. Adding to that his range of passing is awful, so I wouldn't complain IF we used that money to bring in a CM who is very good defensively.

Archived