Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

N'Zonzi

67splitscreen

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7411882/Capital-interest-for-N-Zonzi

More talk of Fonzi leaving. Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Villa, Liverpool and Newcastle all credited with an interest from Sky.

I could see him leaving us for any one of those.

It says to be sold to finance other deals, which would be madness seeing as he is the only half decent CM we have.

To be honest id get rid of nzonzi for the price being thrown around we could get a far better player for his position for a fraction of the price, he is poor to average at heading, tacking, passing, shooting, movement, keeping hold of the ball. Petrovic seems about the same just not quite up to the speed of the league, The only problem i see is the abilty for kean and whoever is control at the club to replace him.

All zonzi does it out him self about, There are hundreds of players who have this part to the game and much much more..

I do like nzonzi still and he is our best midfield (which is part of the problem, but for the price id sell him

To be honest id get rid of nzonzi for the price being thrown around we could get a far better player for his position for a fraction of the price, he is poor to average at heading, tacking, passing, shooting, movement, keeping hold of the ball. Petrovic seems about the same just not quite up to the speed of the league, The only problem i see is the abilty for kean and whoever is control at the club to replace him.

All zonzi does it out him self about, There are hundreds of players who have this part to the game and much much more..

I do like nzonzi still and he is our best midfield (which is part of the problem, but for the price id sell him

Whilst he has had good games I think he is far too negative. Has he ever picked out a forward pass? No, he usually lays it off to Dunny or passes backwards.

Not really good enough and as long as we can replace him with better then we should sell at the price being quoted.

Got to agree, if we can get anything near what is being quoted, £8m! :o

His decision making is also quite poor, particularly against Stoke away where he gave away several needless fouls and should have been sent off, he had a very poor game against WBA and also the "clearance" for the first Berbatov goal last week, trying a back heeled flick in your own box at Old Trafford is not the best move.

He also doesn't score enough for a midfielder, and generally wastes any good opportunities he gets in and around the box. Similarly for someone of his height he's not particularly threatening from set pieces.

In fact he's not scored a goal since August 2010! A whopping 39 appearances ago!

I don't think its particularly fair to slate Fonzi for not scoring enough goals, thats not what he is in the team for, he's not been as good this season, but i think he is still a decent player. If he had a good CM partner and Rovers had a good manager, Fonzi would be well worth holding on to.

I have come round from indifference to liking him a lot. When he is on form - Norwich away, Chelsea home - he looks extremely promising. Moves the ball well, composed, can keep possession. His forward passing has improved, and he has started making some good forward runs.

I can see why clubs at the top end are looking at him. In the right team he could be extremely effective.

I wouldn't sell. He's probably third on the "must keep" list after Samba and Yakubu, mainly because he has some quality and is our only current effective central midfielder. If he goes either Petrovic steps up or we make an inspired purchase of someone who can immediately come into the team and hit the ground running. Refering to recent history neither looks particularly likely...

he's been hugely disappointing, since his 1st season.

poor in pressing, rubbish in possession, never puts in a tackle.

if we can get a decent replacement, i'd definetly sell.

i was hammered at the beginning of the season for saying id sell him (10m interest from dortmund etc.. )

id much rather see lowe in central mid.. his natural position.

It's okay saying sell him for £8million if £8million was made available for incoming tranfers, but we all know that someone will pocket a fair chunk of that meaning vastly inferior quality coming in - if anyone at all.

he's been hugely disappointing, since his 1st season.

poor in pressing, rubbish in possession, never puts in a tackle.

if we can get a decent replacement, i'd definetly sell.

i was hammered at the beginning of the season for saying id sell him (10m interest from dortmund etc.. )

id much rather see lowe in central mid.. his natural position.

I don't see how he's rubbish in possession - he hardly ever gives the ball away. They may only be short passes but there's nothing wrong with giving the ball to the more forward thinking players.

It's okay saying sell him for £8million if £8million was made available for incoming tranfers, but we all know that someone will pocket a fair chunk of that meaning vastly inferior quality coming in - if anyone at all.

Agreed, as we all know SK and whatever agent is involved will probably end with a vast amount.

He hardly ever loses possession because he does nothing with the ball apart from pass backwards. He's the backwards man.

Jermaine Jones was another level compared to NZonzi

Correct, he started off well when he was first signed, but there has not been a lot of improvement since then. I'd kill to have someone in the mould of JJ back

I was saying to my mate against Stoke. Did he really score a screamer of a goal once upon a time?

Like a lot of the squad, the confidence has been kicked out of them as a result of poor game plans and non-existent tactics.

Still he's a good guy and the players "like" him so what's the problem? :wacko:

• Backroom

Thing is if we could get better players for a fraction then why would teams be looking at him? Why not go for the better cheaper ones?

I'd flog him if there was a semi-decent offer. Although I dont get to see the work he does off the ball on the TV it's always appears to me that he doesn't over-extend himself for the benefit of the team. He can't shoot for SH!t, and he's as soft as they come. A ball winning dynamic central midfielder he is not. He's probably best utilised for his flick-ons from Robinsons goal kicks. That's not good enough.

Yes, he is a tidy player. But if he grew a pair of balls, got stuck in and lost the attitude he could be an asset in the relegation fight. Strolling around and playing the easy pass isn't going help our cause.

Archived