BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Questions

Pedro

I'd love to know what fellow supporters thoughts are on the following questions;

1. If we do actually go down and Kean stays, would you still renew your season ticket?

2. Why do you think that there is a running theme in the media that pundits are backing us to go down - but then the same ones insist Kean needs more time and the fans to be patient??

3. If by some miracle we do manage to get out of this mess by stringing a few results together, could you ever forgive Kean?

4. If Kean were to go, who do you think is a likely/realistic replacement?

5. Does anyone else have the sinking feeling that somewhere out there in Bburn there is some kind of Travis Bickle style character who will be driven to do something really stupid?

I'd love to know what fellow supporters thoughts are on the following questions;

1. If we do actually go down and Kean stays, would you still renew your season ticket?

2. Why do you think that there is a running theme in the media that pundits are backing us to go down - but then the same ones insist Kean needs more time and the fans to be patient??

3. If by some miracle we do manage to get out of this mess by stringing a few results together, could you ever forgive Kean?

5. Does anyone else have the sinking feeling that somewhere out there in Bburn there is some kind of Travis Bickle style character who will be driven to do something really stupid?

1) I'd watch us in the Championship but only if Kean goes

2) They don't care about what happens to Rovers - I don't think it's active dislike - we just don't matter enough to them for that

3) No.No and again No

4) No idea but I suspect many would accept the devil himself if he could sort out our defence and get the team playing like a team.

5) Not yet. Most of us have too many other things to think about that keep us on the straight and narrow, but I suspect there could be those who could be pushed far enough

1. Yes

2. Most of them talk nonsense so it comes as no surprise

3. No

4. I'm not sure, seriously, that a manager could be found who is prepared to work with our masters and betters

5. Hope not

1 yes i would because im a rovers supporter not a kean supporter

2. because they dont really like us so they are saying kean needs more time as its the best way to make sure we go down

3. never, ever, ever. too much damage been done and its irepairable.

4. i would take hughes as i think he would be up for coming back or maybe martin o'neil

5. not sure

1. n/a

2. I think they just don't know a whole lot about Rovers. The journalists who have a special focus on the NW clubs, or Rovers specifically, or for some reason or other know more about us, tend to be less supportive of Kean.

3. Forgive? No. Tolerate? Barely.

4. Sadly I think it would have to be between either giving a young manager a shot (Which worked superbly with Hughes, less so with Ince...), such as OGS. Or an experienced manager who's living on old success like SGE. Except it'd have to be someone cheaper. If I have to pick a name, I'd go with Alan Curbishley.

5. No.

1. Tough one. My season ticket renewal isn't just for me and is likely to mean an extra junior next year so it depends on how much they go up. Plus of course that there is a League club called Blackburn Rovers left to support.

2. There is a strong Southern bias to the media - particularly editorially - they will be glad to see the back of Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan to be replaced by West Ham, Palace and Southampton, and even Millwall. Keeping Kean means certain relegation. We know it, they know it.

3. No. Never.

4. Sven would definitely take the cash but that's what it is going to take. Like Paul, I'm not sure there are many managers who would put up with our owners. That said, there has been a suggestion that they trips to India were of Kean's own volition - and these started when John Williams was still here. I do wonder how things would have panned out with Sam and John had a certain first team coach and a certain advisor had not been on the scene.

5. I hope not. By all accounts we have already had one attempt though. If the Vinjay tweets were true. I could imagine there being a confrontation with either Kean or the owners though. This is what I don't understand about the criticism of Glen. He has made damned sure that every protest has been organised, respectful and safe.

1. No

2. Yes

3. No

4. Yes

5. No

1) With a heavy heart... Yes.

2) A combination of ignorance and a wish for 'little Blackburn' to be put in their place.

3) The man is a disgrace and a horrendous ambassador for this great club, but if he stays you have to tolerate him, I suppose.

4) The further adrift we get, the poorer the candidates would be. A Curbishley type would do me.

5) Nah

Lee Clark. The likes of Hughes and O'Neill wouldn't go within a million miles of working with those idiots. Young, up and coming manager it would have to be.

Why would he leave a well run family club with a super owner for the shambles that we are? He probably couldn't stop our relegation anyway and Huddersfield could well be on their way to promotion. I wouldn't move here if I were him - I'd stay there and try to finish what I started.

1. I'm not sure. If we were at the point where we'd been relegated and still under Kean, I'd probably feel so disillusioned that I wouldn't want to renew. If he went, I'm fairly sure I would renew.

2.Yes - it was the same under Ince towards the end.

3. Probably. I feel a lot of the silly comments/stuff he does may just be his reaction to being backed into a corner by fan pressure and also feel that some are often quick to take his comments out of context.

4. They'd probably go for someone cheap like Lee Clark. His record at Huddersfield over the past year is no fluke.

5. Hope not.

Why would he leave a well run family club with a super owner for the shambles that we are? He probably couldn't stop our relegation anyway and Huddersfield could well be on their way to promotion. I wouldn't move here if I were him - I'd stay there and try to finish what I started.

Money? A chance to manage in the Prem which might never come his way again. Better shout than O'Neill and Hughes at least.

He still might well turn us down though, that is true enough.

I think Benitez would put up with the owners and I believe still lives in the North West. Sven has proven he will manage anyone who asks. I'd be much happier with these two than Kean but Venkys have a lot of previous for not making logical decisions when it comes to our club.

Another question:

Are they sticking with Kean through pride and not wanting to lose face? If not, for what reason has he not been relieved of his duties?

1. Yes. God knows why. I had more fun in the summer when I had cellulitis than going to the Rovers recently.

2. Through their own stupidity and double standards.

3. No chance.

4. Check the SEM / Kentaro list of clients.

5. I'm certain that there is a Travis Bickle type out there in Blackburn. Thing is though he's the current manager of Blackburn Rovers.

1) If the price was right yes.

2) The press hates us and always have. Kean is useless and it's just the deluded who cannot see that.

3) No, He won't get us out of this and just surviving is not good enough reason for him to be given another season.

4) Sparky or O'Neill...

5) Who the hell is Travis Bickle? If he is an assassin I would not be at all surprised if some looney has a pop at him. With all the looney taxi drivers in Blackburn, why not.

Are they sticking with Kean through pride and not wanting to lose face? If not, for what reason has he not been relieved of his duties?

The Raos probably recognise the magnitude of their error in appointing Kean - after all they can't be THAT stupid. Their problem is two-fold; they can't afford, in several senses, to make the same mistake twice and secondly they no longer employ anyone capable if making the right decision. Being unable to trust previous advisors they are now well and truly between a rock and a hard place.

These people are not actually idiots they've simply made series of catastrophic errors of judgement which will cost them tens of millions and have destroyed the football club.

Of course when they shut it down, sell the players, let Barclays have the parachute payments they will still have Brockhall and Ewood as two excellent pieces of real estate. So stupid is not the word we are looking for.

The Raos probably recognise the magnitude of their error in appointing Kean - after all they can't be THAT stupid. Their problem is two-fold; they can't afford, in several senses, to make the same mistake twice and secondly they no longer employ anyone capable if making the right decision. Being unable to trust previous advisors they are now well and truly between a rock and a hard place.

These people are not actually idiots they've simply made series of catastrophic errors of judgement which will cost them tens of millions and have destroyed the football club.

Of course when they shut it down, sell the players, let Barclays have the parachute payments they will still have Brockhall and Ewood as two excellent pieces of real estate. So stupid is not the word we are looking for.

Ewood is of little value

TBH I don't know but Brockhall would present a good opportunity. Might take a while to get planning but I bet it could be done.

Are you sure Brockhall is now in the hands of the Venkys? It contradicts what I was told yesterday by a bloke in the pub, which made sense, ie the Walker Trust keep hold of property, particularly property such as Brockhall I'd imagine. I mean for £23m plus the club and that land it was an absolute steal.

Archived