BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next season, should Kean be in charge will you renew your season ticket or not?!

Hughesy

261 members have voted

1. 1. Next season, should Kean be in charge will you renew your season ticket or not?!

• Yes, regardless of manager or league
    • Yes but only if we are still in the premier league
    • Undecided
    • No, not if that #### is still in charge
    • I haven?t got one, and wouldn?t renew if I had
    • I haven?t got one, but would renew if I did, as the manager won?t stop me supporting my team

I really don't agree with people who will no longer support the team when they don't like the manager or the owners. Complain all week long, but at 15:00 every Saturday (or whenever the match is being played) you should be fully behind the team. You're no use to the team if you are only there when you like how everything is going.

The club deserves to have everyone in the area lining up for season tickets so long as there isn't a massive increase in the price.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The club deserves to have everyone in the area lining up for season tickets so long as there isn't a massive increase in the price.

The club is not a separate entity from the owners, though. Why should honest, hard-working people waste their money on Venky's?

Mogster, I remember that game at Mansfield well, I was behind the goal with all my mates from Leyland when we scored.

As for ST's I already given mine away for this season, if the chicken wallers are still in charge next season then that is 2 cancelled plus the planned table in Jacks Kitchen.

NOT A PENNY TO VENKYS, I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING AT EWOOD , BUT WILL STILL DO AWAY GAMES.

Get out you Venky scummers!

Since I live in Norway I cant afford travelling over as much as I would want, doesn't help beeing a student either. I try to attend two home matches a year and who the manager,owner or what league we are in wont change that.

Simple - yes!

It's gutting to see the fans so annoyed and split because of a terrible manager, but they are still my team no matter what. I just hold a glimmer of hope that it's just a temporary (massive) bump in the road.

It's not a bump in the road, it's a mountain with not even a trace of the most treacherous footpath nor the promise of a crumbling foothole.

Terrible managers come and go. Terrible owners usually stay slightly longer then go anyway. This particular cast of incompetents have had the chance to go and just folded their arms, stamped their feet and petulantly shouted, "No!"

it will only make things a lot worse if the fans stop going, players heads will drop and form will dwindle, relegation will be a certainty then...

still too early to panic just yet

It is actually way past the time to panic. I see you're still fiddling, but the ship hit an iceberg long ago, Chris Samba is already carrying Junior Hoilett to a lifeboat and we're going down. But don't worry, Captain Kean will be along any second to assure you that we'll make New York in record time.

If there's even the slightest chance that doing something would improve the situation is it not worth trying?

Apart from continuing down our current path, I fail to see how things could get any worse. There's no point talking about distracting the players. Some of our better performances actually came after protests and the results couldn't get any worse, so that line just doesn't wash with me. No, if anyone can think of a way to make Rovers' situation better than count me in, because I'm not going to stick my head in the sand thinking everything will turn out fine until the day we're relegated, and then again as all the remaining talent jumps ship, and then yet again until the day the club finally has to roll down the shutters and lock the gates. And make no mistake, I really believe that's where we're heading under Venky's.

i spose, but my heads certainly not in the sand, i just think the minority of fans who go on about boycottin games etc should maybe see this out for a few weeks yet, with some crucial ties comin up which are easily winnable, plus even if kean was to go, who would we get instead, no gurantees anyone could and would come in and do a better jobs is there... as for your last couple of lines, very negative, and spose it depends on the person you are, clearly a pessimistic, glass half empty kinda person... chin up.

Optimism is overrated. You don't get nearly as much joy when things go right if you were expecting it all along, you can't take the consolation of being proved right when things go wrong, and you never have a contingency plan because you really thought it'd work out fine.

Seriously though, show me the upside. I would love to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I can only just see it in my dreams, and even then it turns out to be strip lighting in the franchise of Venky's fast-food restaurant that proudly stands where some team used to play football.

Wigan was a winnable game. They don't come more winnable than a game against a side languishing on the bottom of the table with 8 straight defeats. That is the very afternoon that the phrase "a walk in the park" was coined for. Stoke away, not so much. The way we played last weekend the only teams we'll be beating play with a bell in the ball.

yeah we've been playin some good stuff but come away with nothing and we're lackin any consistency but wigan needed to win too and we got a point when we shouldnt have, im just prepared to see where we are come xmas after home games against swansea, west brom and bolton... we've got ages yet and certain players to come back and a january transfer window maybe with him in charge... or not.

we've been playin some good stuff

No we haven't. It's been a shambolic unorganised mess, no structure, no cover for the defence and on occasion this season, no heart.

Oh and Robbo still takes free kicks on the edge of his own half to pump the ball into the opposition box. An Allardyce tactic.

So let's not kid ourselves, playing "good stuff" is what the manager claims we are doing. If it was good it would have seen us earn more than 7 points from a possible 36, rather than the occasion passing triangle between three of our players before they lose it and the opposition is on another attack.

Will I renew? I'll decide in the summer, I just can't believe that Kean will still be here then. The Venkys? Likewise. If they are and we're still being run as we are now then parting with my hard earned to watch something claiming to be "Blackburn Rovers" isn't going to be easy. They have done an unbelievable job of removing the soul from the club.

Simple - yes!

It's gutting to see the fans so annoyed and split because of a terrible manager, but they are still my team no matter what. I just hold a glimmer of hope that it's just a temporary (massive) bump in the road.

:lol: you deleted the bit about Venkys being in charge for the next 10 years! You've a strong stomach mate.

Oh and Robbo still takes free kicks on the edge of his own half to pump the ball into the opposition box. An Allardyce tactic.

It's the wrong thread but that's a really good point. The fact that set pieces are what got us the draw against Wigan speaks volumes.

There are two fallacies that have been perpetuated in recent times, one is that Allardyce ONLY did route one football when the reality was he mixed it up, picked his games and won matches. The other is that the football is better under Kean. Most of the people peddling this myth are those looking to justify (mainly to themselves) that Venkys were right to sack Allardyce.

Indeed Jisty, we've had less possession in almost every game this season and only Stoke have a poorer pass completion rate.

Anyone who thinks we 'play good stuff' must be the very same people who wait for Kean 'in the village' to praise the wonderous football on show.

I have now missed the last few home games, actually I have not once felt like I have missed anything except the pain, heartache, angst and potential heart attack induced by that pillock Kean and our absent owners - my weekends have been freed up for the first time in years and it is liberating, and I do not even feel guilty after years and years of Ewood :-(

In all honesty Hughesy I think this club is hurtling back to the pre Jack days faster than any of us thought possible.

8000 gates in the second tier again? If he stays and Venky's don't generally get their act together then I'm afraid that is exactly where we'll be. Twenty years of success and consilidation thrown away in a year of madness.

Utter contempt I feel for these people.

• Backroom

I honestly don't know, what I do know now is if they saw these results in black and white it wouldn't make an iota of difference. Same with protests, planes etc we are just passengers on their plane.

175 votes so far.....and only 27 (15.43%) will stick with it for sure, regardless of league or manager :o

Somebody needs to take note with over 40% saying if Keans boss then they are gone! :rock:

Well Venky's clearly don't give a toss what the supporters think as they have handed him a new contract and so they are not going to pay any attention to polls. Clearly the problem in this club is not just Steve Kean but the clowns in Pune, particularly Desai who seems happy to destroy the club by supporting a failing manager. Perhaps the long term goal is to become India's leading League One club!

No we haven't. It's been a shambolic unorganised mess, no structure, no cover for the defence and on occasion this season, no heart.

So let's not kid ourselves, playing "good stuff" is what the manager claims we are doing. If it was good it would have seen us earn more than 7 points from a possible 36, rather than the occasion passing triangle between three of our players before they lose it and the opposition is on another attack.

nice of you to quote a little part of my message...

what i meant, was at times, not all the time of course, but in the games against chelsea and norwich i thought there were some signs of good footy bein played, we got nothing...

overall though, my point is, not renewin your season ticket or boycottin games as a result of all this, is just a bit sad, regardless whos in charge, we should be gettin behind the team.

Archived